Java update

by dizzytutu

Original Post

java

★★★ Newbie

I had computer person help me uninstall old javas an install the latest version. they went through my computer and cleaned it up and ran scans to make sure all is well. still cannot get into any games except poppit and safari mahjong. This is day 4. I am very frustrated with pogo. In the past year or so more and more problems arise. I am an older lady who doesnt know that much about puters. All these many years with pogo are coming to an end. I pay 40dollars a year now to play your games. Now i have to pay an expert to help me get things squared away.  We shouldnt have to change setting and uninstall and reinstall  what always worked before.  If you would read in forums -- you have a lot of disgruntled players whom may not sign up when aniversary date rolls around. You all caused these problems--YOU SHOULD FIX THEM.  You are the techs.   

Message 50 of 235 (837 Views)
Highlighted

Java update

★★★ Newbie

I, too, updated to the newest version of Java (Version 7 update 7)  and AGAIN I can not load games   I uninstalled previous version and rebooted to make sure it was gone.   Installed new version   checked and it is "enabled" (in both Chrome- - - my preferred browser- - -and Firefox)  Then I cleared both cache and Java cache 

This happens EVERYTIME Java updates and lasts for several days of frustration.   Am I missing a step  OR  is EA not updating their connections timely?????

Message 51 of 235 (843 Views)

My computer says i have Java install, but game says no

★ Newbie

I have java 6 load and enabled on my computer, but everytime i try to play my games they wont load then say i need java. I tried updated java but i was told pogo does not work with java 7, so what do i ?

Message 52 of 235 (886 Views)

Re: Pogo games will not load in 3 different browsers after Java 7 update

★★★ Newbie

Thank you. At least someone can get through to them. I have had no luck.

Message 53 of 235 (851 Views)

Certain games will not load

★★ Newbie

Can someone help me?  I play Pogo games everyday.  I tried to play some of my favorite games on Sunday, Sept. 2, and they wouldn't load.  I checked my computer, Java browser, IE and everything else.  Some of the games that won't load are:  Lottso Express, Crossword Cove, and Bingo Luau.  The other games I play load.  What can I do to get all the games to load.  Thank you.

Message 54 of 235 (848 Views)

Re: My computer says i have Java install, but game says no

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, and have gone into my settings and I uninstalled and re-installed,I'm exhausted mentally, and physically want to throw the computer in the yard

Message 55 of 235 (876 Views)

java

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

I'm having problems with java  and pogo. not working on my laptop. they both work just fine on my desktop but not my laptop. i have windows 7 on my laptop and vistaon my desktop. any way i used to play pogo on my laptop but now it wont load. i have uninstalled java and redownloaded the windows 7 version and cleared all files but it still wont work. what do i need to do to fix java on my laptop? here's what i get when i try to play on pogo on my laptop:

Java Plug-in 10.7.2.10
Using JRE version 1.7.0_07-b10 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\richard
----------------------------------------------------
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
jvm test passed
Oracle Corporation
jvm version:1.7.0_07
not version:1.0
not version:1.1
not version:1.3
not version:1.5.0_02
not version:1.5.0_09
not version:1.5.0_22

I can be emailed at (edit: removed email for security reasons)   thank you Tresa

Message 56 of 235 (983 Views)

Re: Games not working

Community Manager

I moved this thread to the Pogo board.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 57 of 235 (841 Views)

Re: java problem

Community Manager

spectre.png
Message 58 of 235 (846 Views)

Re: Certain games will not load

Community Manager

spectre.png
Message 59 of 235 (847 Views)