IWIN toolbar

by kayk308

Original Post

Accepted Solution

IWIN toolbar

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

How do I get rid of the toolbar  Iwin for pogo.   I marked for it not to dowloand, but pogo downloaded it anyway.  I went to add and remove and removed it but its still on my screen. When I click to hide the toolbar nothing happens.  I have tried to contact Pogo but I am unable to find contact informtion for them

Message 1 of 2 (232 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: POGO toolbar

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@kayk308

Try the following steps to get rid of the toolbar - 

1) Go to a blank area in your toolbar and right click which will bring up a toolbar menu (try clicking another blank area if the first does not work) Uncheck any toolbar you do not want to use. Having too many is a very bad idea as everyone of them can clash with another and they all slow down your computer 

2) Go to the Add or Remove Programs in your Control Panel and look for anything to do with Iwin and uninstall it. 

3) Try a good anti-malware program like Malwarebytes (also to be found free through CNET's Download.com). 

Don't forget to reboot after steps B or C

Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (252 Views)

All Replies

Re: POGO toolbar

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@kayk308

Try the following steps to get rid of the toolbar - 

1) Go to a blank area in your toolbar and right click which will bring up a toolbar menu (try clicking another blank area if the first does not work) Uncheck any toolbar you do not want to use. Having too many is a very bad idea as everyone of them can clash with another and they all slow down your computer 

2) Go to the Add or Remove Programs in your Control Panel and look for anything to do with Iwin and uninstall it. 

3) Try a good anti-malware program like Malwarebytes (also to be found free through CNET's Download.com). 

Don't forget to reboot after steps B or C

Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 2 (253 Views)