Re: How to delete my EA account.

by abc8SQNL7e7K96

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to delete my EA account.

★★★ Newbie

I received 3  emails this morning regarding an account I have not used for five years. To my knowledge I have not played the game for which  I supposedly won badges.. I wish to cancel my account please advise how to proceed.

Message 1 of 12 (5,309 Views)

Accepted Solution

Message 4 of 12 (5,249 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@Hagg630, Before you delete your account, be 100% sure you want to do that. I am not sure if it can be recovered once deleted.

I thought there was a way to delete one's account using the My Account heading on the Pogo home page, but I couldn't find a way. There is another way if you go through an EA advisor through online chat or phone all back about deleting your account.

1. Go to https://help.ea.com
2. Click "Contact Us"
3. Select Pogo from the game list (or type Pogo in the white box)
4. Select PC or Mac or other platform
5. Select Topic "Manage my account"
6. Select Issue "Delete account"
7. Click "Select contact option" (blue button at bottom of the page)
8. If you received the screen for online chat, then type in a brief description in white box entitled "Subject"
9. Next, click on the blue "Chat Now" button and wait for an EA Adviser to start the conversation (usually the wait is a few minutes, but if the wait is too long try again later).
10. If you receive the screen for a phone call back, type in your name, country, subject to discuss and your phone number
11. Next, click on the blue "Request Call" button at the bottom of the screen and wait for an EA adviser to call you by phone.

Message 2 of 12 (5,289 Views)

Anonymous
@cafedelon Worked great for me, thanks!
Message 3 of 12 (5,264 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Message 4 of 12 (5,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This doesn't work or takes too long to do someting simple. Since they are not intersted in making it easy to cancel an account I never used and get email hack security messages from my providers, I'll just post everything online and shame EA for making it difficult. I'm a journalist and this platform sucks.

Message 5 of 12 (5,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This site is * poor! Can't access cancelling your account that was never used. EA, what a turn off! Never again. I'm changing my email. Even Google is easier to maneuver than this pile of greedy crap. Yuck!

Message 6 of 12 (5,167 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @abc8SQNL7e7K96.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough time canceling or deleting your account. Was there a specific part of the Accepted Solution posted above that you were having difficulty with? While Answers HQ can't assist with deletions ourselves, I'll be happy to help point you in the right direction.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 7 of 12 (5,133 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@HOCK9952 Please delete this account for karebearmur as i do not want it as this pogo sight has changed to much ty
Message 8 of 12 (5,014 Views)

★★★ Pro

@karebearmur 
You need to go into your account settings and cancel your account yourself.  

Message 9 of 12 (5,010 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

how is it possible it is so hard to delete a simple account?

I WANT to delete the account

Message 10 of 12 (4,370 Views)