Getting Booted from Scrabble Game

by susieqself

Original Post

scrabble

★ Novice

I have been playing, or trying to play since the new version was introduced.  The game goes to black screen, the connection is lost, the tiles freeze when playing and no jackpot spin for the winner when playing robots.  No choice of skill level playing robots is also gone.  This game needs help.  It is not the browser as I have tried, IE, Chrome and Firefox and all do the same thing. 

Message 11 of 37 (557 Views)

Re: scrabble

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem with safari bowser.  Safari versions 12 and above no longer support Java, so the new Scrabble is now unplayable.  The old one worked fine.  Actually it started to play fine for two clues, and then I tried to open the 2 letter words box, which used to open in a separate window. It opened in the same window and it was impossible to close or see the full Scrabble board. If filled out an EA complaint form, but it won't do any good, I'm sure. 

Message 12 of 37 (519 Views)

Scrabble keeps locking up

★★★ Newbie

The new Scrabble still keeps locking up and when you hit the play button after a proper word is made; it won't play, it's crap. Please fix this issue. 

Message 13 of 37 (463 Views)

★ Expert

SlightnD20 and Outguy46, there have been many reported issues with the new Scrabble HD game.  See 'New Scrabble Issues' post.  Some of the issues have been reported to have been resolved with upgrades to the game.  Regarding the comment about the screen going black and the game being disconnected, this could be a result of a full browser cache rather than some software glitch with the game.  I recommend clearing your browser's cache if you haven't done it recently to see if that helps eliminate those issues.  Below is a link to a previous post of mine about the importance of clearing one's browser cache and steps for how to do it with the major browsers.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Importance-of-clearing-your-browser-s-cache-at-Pogo/m-p/7896416#M1870...

Regarding other issues with the new Scrabble game, perhaps an EA community manager can respond.

Message 14 of 37 (481 Views)

Re: Scrabble frequently Disconnects today

★ Expert

There have been several issues identified by players regarding the new Scrabble HD game.  See "New Scrabble issues" post.   I've seen an announcement where some of the issues have been addressed by game upgrades, but there appears to be problems out there still.  If your game is disconnecting, it could be another issue besides a game software glitch.   If one's browser is becoming full and cannot store more new information, it can respond by failing to load, freezing the game, or disconnecting the game.  Software upgrades are beyond our control, but we can clear our browser cache periodically to help games perform better.  See the link below for a post I made about the importance of clearing one's browser cache with steps oh how to do it for the major browsers.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Importance-of-clearing-your-browser-s-cache-at-Pogo/m-p/7896416#M1870...

Message 15 of 37 (460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem.  I played robots at the intermediate level for years.  That's where I want to be.  I'm stuck at novice which is not interesting for me.  Bring back my former level, please.

Message 16 of 37 (471 Views)

★ Expert

Medfed875,  You're not gonna like to hear this, but when an older game (using flash or java) is replaced with another version of the game (using HTML5 HD), the game is completely new and we all start the game over at the entry level.   I had a similar experience recently when one of my downloaded games from the Pogo Download Center became corrupted and I couldn't play the game.  I had to delete the old files to remove the corrupted data, which caused me to start over at the entry level.  Also, the Trizzle game at the Pogo website was replaced with an HD version, and I lost all my many trophies.   I'm slowly working my way back.   It sucks but all we can do is start again. 

Message 17 of 37 (465 Views)

Re: scrabble game disconnets

★ Expert

Omyo76, There have been a number of issues with the new Scrabble HD game identified since it began. See the  "New Scrabble issues" post.  I read that some upgrades have been made to address some of the problems.  There may still be other issues to be fixed yet.   There are different reasons that a game may disconnect.  One is unrelated to software glitches.  If one's browser becomes full, it needs to be cleared so it can store new information, or unpleasant consequences can happen, such as failure to load games, black or white screens, game freezes, game disconnects and the dreaded "EA redirected too many times" error message.  If you haven't cleared your browser cache in a while, that might be one reason for what's happening.  See the link below on a previous post I made about the importance of clearing one's browser cache and steps on how to do it for the major browsers.

Message 18 of 37 (443 Views)

Re: Getting Booted from Scrabble Game

★ Expert

Sounds like another issue to be resolved by the EA team who created the new HD version of Scrabble unless it was a server issue.

Message 19 of 37 (445 Views)

★ Expert

Before concluding this is another problem for the new Scrabble game,  I would suggest go to your browser and clearing the cache so it has enough memory to store new information, especially if you haven't cleared it in a long time.  When a cache becomes full, games often fail to load or disconnect.  It's worth a try to see if clearing the browser cache can help in this game.  See the link below for a discussion of the importance of clearing one's browser cache and steps on how to do it for the major browsers. 

Message 20 of 37 (442 Views)