Games that use Pop-ups

by ravenca13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Games that use Pop-ups

★ Novice

For the past week or so, whenever I try to play a game that uses a pop-up window, I have a pop-up from "Google"  that continually says that I have excessive pop-ups and to contact a 1-888 number immediately.  I haven't done so but it is getting quite frustrating.  How do I get rid of this?  This is the only site that it happens on.  I have gone into my tools and checked my pop-up setting, changed it then changed it back.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you for your time!

Message 1 of 3 (209 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Games that use Pop-ups

Community Manager (retired)

@ravenca13 

This sounds very much like you've picked up some Adware or Malware along the way. On no account ring the number, it's likely to be a scam. 

There's a detailed article in Pogo News which you should read which gives troubleshooting steps to resolve this:

http://news.pogo.com/pogo-tech-tips-unexpected-ads-you-may-have-adware/

Please take the time to read this and follow the steps to remove the Adware/Malware.

Note that this is not coming from Pogo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (224 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@ravenca13 

This sounds very much like you've picked up some Adware or Malware along the way. On no account ring the number, it's likely to be a scam. 

There's a detailed article in Pogo News which you should read which gives troubleshooting steps to resolve this:

http://news.pogo.com/pogo-tech-tips-unexpected-ads-you-may-have-adware/

Please take the time to read this and follow the steps to remove the Adware/Malware.

Note that this is not coming from Pogo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 3 (225 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you! I will definitely try to get rid of it! 

Message 3 of 3 (202 Views)