Chat in Canasta

by the4isles

Original Post

Chat in Canasta

★★★ Newbie

I have checked all the settings other posts recommend.

Still I am unable to chat.  I can type in the box, but when I hit enter, it disappears.

I am using Firefox and have updated java, cleared cache and cookies.  Still nothing.

HELP!!!!

Message 1 of 12 (1,638 Views)

Re: Chat in Canasta

★★★★★ Expert

@the4isles 

Play all your games at 100% zoom or they may not play correctly or at all.

Make sure your zoom is set at 100% for your games
if that does not help, then check the resolution.
You can reset zoom using the control key and 0 over the P

For a non-table game: Hold down the CTRL key while scrolling up and down with
your mouse wheel to adjust the game to fit the window.

For Table games: You'll need to have both the lobby and the table windows open.
Click on the vacant area below the legend on the lobby screen, then hold down the
CTRL key while scrolling up or down with your mouse wheel to adjust the zoom.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Zoom-and-screen-resolution-Help/m-p/2784298/highlight/true#M55671

Message 2 of 12 (1,627 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@the4isles 

Do you have the same problem with other games or does this only happen in Canasta?

Which room were you playing in? We've had occasional reports of players with multiple accounts blocking certain rooms and Pogo has acted to remove these, so if you can let us know which room you were in we can check to see if that is the problem here.

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 3 of 12 (1,626 Views)

canasta

★★ Novice

why cant we type in the lobby or mute players or report players

Message 4 of 12 (1,621 Views)

Re: canasta

★★★★★ Expert

@aingisnoc6 

What game room are you having problems in?

Message 5 of 12 (1,616 Views)

Canasta

★★★ Newbie

Why is it no one can get this person blocking chat from Canasta Circus & Golden Gate.. This is going on now for the 3rd week.. He brags EA technical support cannot touch him & by the looks of it.. THEY CAN'T..Many players are saying they are not rebewing their membership because this person who uses TROLL in most of his screen names doed nothing but harass players.

Message 6 of 12 (1,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is not you or your computer.. It is a hacker with most screen names has Troll in them... For 3 weeks now all we get is the run around.. From EA.. Obviously they are aware of this situation and choose not to handle it, OR they do not know how...

Message 7 of 12 (1,620 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA has many screenshots of the names blocking these rooms.. TROLL is his name in most screen names He brags EA cannot touch him....

Message 8 of 12 (1,618 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@softkelleylea82 

Without knowing the gameroom to which you are referring, we are unable to check it out.

Message 9 of 12 (1,613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I play mainly in Canasta Circus and Golden Gate.

From what I am reading, and the ONE HOUR spent on the phone with customer support you are either unable to fix this, or cannot.

Explain to the PAID members why this happens?

When you pay for something (and its not all that cheap) you expect it to work.

I'm almost ashamed to say I am a Club Pogo Member.

I'm not even sure why this didnt post as the4isles... guess thats screwed up too.

Message 10 of 12 (1,591 Views)