Re: Canasta - timer

by cafedelon

Original Post

Canasta - timer

★★★ Newbie

How come sometimes when the timer runs out on a Canasta game I still don't get the option of Extend or Do Not Extend......it just sits there.????

Message 1 of 9 (1,945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When timer runs out on Canasta I don't get the option to Extend or not to Extent it just sits there

Message 2 of 9 (1,926 Views)

★★ Pro

@misslola10                @okieabroad

Are you playing against the robot or robots?

if so, turn the timer off, then you will not have that problem.

I had to go check, did not remember the game had one, I never

use it.

Message 3 of 9 (1,915 Views)

★★ Novice

I get this a lot when I just go to the play ranked game then I lose points if I leave and the opponents timer never says extend or do not extend , so frustrating, I have lost so many points this way. how can I stop this from happening?  Is there a program the opponent may be using?

Message 4 of 9 (1,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@madcapnana, I am a volunteer helper, not an EA employee. I recommend that you re-post your comments under the EA Help forum section called "General Discussion & Feedback" or "Technical Help", because EA rarely replies to posts at the "Pogo Classic" section now days.

Message 5 of 9 (1,830 Views)

★ Novice

I've had this same problem. And have reported it to EA/Pogo for months with no change. I've done everything recommended, too. Super frustrating. It seems like a player issue to me: It doesn't happen all the time so it's not like a glitch overall with the timer. It only happens when the other player is losing. Whether it's a tech issue or a player screwing with the timer, this should be remedied and now. I have patience but dealing with this so long after repeatedly asking for help is ridiculous. The current service seems to equal: Yeah, pay us, then you'll get whatever and, if something is wrong, well, too bad. 

Message 6 of 9 (1,679 Views)

★ Novice
@okieabroad It seems players with high rankings do this the most, especially if I am winning. Timer sits at 000 flashing. If I leave, I lose points. They are manipulating it somehow. EA won't help.
Message 7 of 9 (1,408 Views)

★ Novice
@okieabroad I have had people tell me they were going to time out because I was winning or not chatting. I think it is cheaters.
Message 8 of 9 (876 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,  

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, I will be locking it to prevent necroposting.  

If you are running into further issues, please make a new post letting us know what is happening and we can provide any relevant information available.  

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 9 of 9 (788 Views)