Re: A problem with Phlinx II

by cafedelon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A problem with Phlinx II

★★ Novice

Phlinx II starts up normal, in daylight mode. However, as soon as the game transfers to night mode, the trajectory of the ball is not showing, making it impossible to play on. I can select the power-ups, though. It's very frustrating as there is a challenge to match 600 bronze stones. The browser I'm using is Mozilla Firefox and my computer has Windows 7 HE. Any suggestions out there? 

Message 1 of 6 (699 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @fredhoogendoorn.

Unfortunately, Windows 7 is outside of the minimum system requirements for HTML5 / HD games like Phlinx II. This may explain why you're experiencing visual issues in-game. Operating systems newer than Windows 10 don't have much support for WebGL, which can affect HTML5 games.

I would recommend updating to Windows 10 if you have an opportunity to, particularly since Windows 7 is nearing End of Life, which means Microsoft will no longer be giving security updates after January 14, 2020, which puts your computer at risk.

I hope this helps.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (676 Views)

All Replies

Hey there, @fredhoogendoorn.

Unfortunately, Windows 7 is outside of the minimum system requirements for HTML5 / HD games like Phlinx II. This may explain why you're experiencing visual issues in-game. Operating systems newer than Windows 10 don't have much support for WebGL, which can affect HTML5 games.

I would recommend updating to Windows 10 if you have an opportunity to, particularly since Windows 7 is nearing End of Life, which means Microsoft will no longer be giving security updates after January 14, 2020, which puts your computer at risk.

I hope this helps.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 6 (677 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Arrenai 

Okay, your solution doesn't work for my system (specs below).  Want to try again?

Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
   Ver. 1803
   OS Build 1713.829
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (EB500 @ 3.00GHz
Installed RAM: 4.00 GB (3.84 usable)

Browser:  Chrome (auto updates)

Message 3 of 6 (610 Views)

Hey there, @KCHades. Thanks for sharing your system information! It helps a lot.

I took a look at the specs you provided, and it looks like you are low on system RAM. The system requirements for HTML5 games list a requirement of 8 GB of system RAM, but you only have 4 GB. This can cause some slow-down or failure to load HTML5 games as the system doesn't have enough memory to process the games. Fortunately, RAM can be easily upgraded on a computer.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 4 of 6 (588 Views)

★★ Novice

Phlinx will not come up for me play

Message 5 of 6 (535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@SMtcu911When this happens, do you receive an error message, such as Adobe Flash blocked? If so, there are ways to allow the game to run. You can write back if this is what's happening.

If the game is not loading for you, it could be due to a few reasons. One likely reason is that the browser you are using has a full or nearly full cache (memory) and needs to be cleared in order to store more new game information. Clear your browser if you know how to do this, or read check the link below which has steps for clearing the cache of the major browsers.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Importance-of-clearing-your-browser-s-cache-at-Pogo/m-p/7896416/highl...

Another possible cause is having an old version of Flash. The official Adobe website is still downloading the latest versions of Flash. Be sure to use the Flash version for your browser.

If none of this works, you can try using a different browser, like Google Chrome, which is free from the official Google website. Occasionally using a different browser will help bypass the problem.

Message 6 of 6 (528 Views)