Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Why do I keep getting dropped into missions solo?

by Jonny_Castilloux

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why do I keep getting dropped into missions solo?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Over the last few days, I've been dropped into missions by myself with no other people. The missions given by Brin, Mathias and the old guy downstairs, it doesn't matter if they're gold or purple, it's random. Trying to do some of the purple missions solo is a real slog, can't you at least give me one other person to help? I'd prefer a three man team and a two-man team instead of being left to fight for myself.

Also, if you're going to make me do the missions solo, don't I deserve more loot?

Spending half an hour slogging through an army of enemies and getting a few purples isn't worth it.

Please fix your damn game! Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (250 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Just found a youtube video speaking about the same problem I'm having.

It appears that the player numbers are so low that during the day the servers are finding it harder to team people up. The youtuber said it's even more likely to happen on GM3 as there aren't enough people with legendary gear.

I had noticed that it hardly ever happened in the evenings when player numbers are much higher.

So, it appears I'm playing solo because there aren't enough people on the servers. Makes sense Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (171 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Maybe you configurated the missions in Solo mode by accident??

Yesterday I played 5 missions and didn’t saw any problem, matchmaking was working as usual.

Message 2 of 7 (224 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No, I didn't put myself in solo by accident. That's a convoluted procedure on console and you need to answer the "are you sure?" question at the end.

I'm just ending up in solo missions. I'm surviving, but it takes twice as long to finish them and the rewards are not worth the extra time Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Just found a youtube video speaking about the same problem I'm having.

It appears that the player numbers are so low that during the day the servers are finding it harder to team people up. The youtuber said it's even more likely to happen on GM3 as there aren't enough people with legendary gear.

I had noticed that it hardly ever happened in the evenings when player numbers are much higher.

So, it appears I'm playing solo because there aren't enough people on the servers. Makes sense Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (172 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

I found in some cases it also depended on the mission; for example, I tried doing normal contracts at GM2.  I was solo every time.  I have a better chance at getting a team for a Legendary contract at GM1 or GM2.

Message 5 of 7 (138 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It might also depend on which missions are giving out Elysian cache keys.

You can get more people doing legendary missions if you get elysian keys as a prize.

On the days where freeplay missions are giving out elysian keys it's more likely you'll get a full team in freeplay Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (102 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm getting this too but Im not sure its due to number of players, if i go choose random stronghold mode rather than starting a new stronghold run it will pair me up with full groups all the time. I was on the phone with support the other day and they had said that there were multiple thousands of players currently on the servers, but when i asked for more specifics they said they couldnt expand on that lol

Message 7 of 7 (49 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help