Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Game crashing !!!

by Alish284

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashing !!!

★★★★ Newbie

Is there any one having this problem or just me ?!

The game is crashing as soon as I start it 

Message 1 of 6 (298 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashing !!!

★★ Guide

It's been 5 hours sinse you posted this.  With no update I'm going to proceed as if this issue still exists:

Check for update, sometimes updates are not downloaded automatically and a game will crash instead of telling you to check.  If that isn't it.  Sign out of PSN from your account setting, turn off the PS4 (not sleep mode) and wait for a minuet or two.  Turn it back on, sign back in.  If that doesn't work.  Refresh your licenses from the setting menu.  If that doesn't work contact chat support:  https://support.playstation.com/s/contact-support?language=en_US

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (274 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Could you perhaps specify at which point, and how it crashes?  For example, after completing a contract, the game normally "crashes" for me before it goes to the Expedition screen.  It goes back to the EA screen, and I receive the message "Error retrieving pilot data", followed by "Unable to connect to EA servers".  It may only happen once before I finally get to the Fort, or it has happened as much as 15 times before I can play again.  It happens after almost every mission.  Many players are experiencing this.

Or can you not even get the game to load at all?

Message 2 of 6 (286 Views)

★★ Guide

It's been 5 hours sinse you posted this.  With no update I'm going to proceed as if this issue still exists:

Check for update, sometimes updates are not downloaded automatically and a game will crash instead of telling you to check.  If that isn't it.  Sign out of PSN from your account setting, turn off the PS4 (not sleep mode) and wait for a minuet or two.  Turn it back on, sign back in.  If that doesn't work.  Refresh your licenses from the setting menu.  If that doesn't work contact chat support:  https://support.playstation.com/s/contact-support?language=en_US

Message 3 of 6 (275 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Thanks a lot man I did sign out of PSN restart the console and logged in again it did work , but still having problems where the game still crash after I complete an expedition or a stronghold
Message 4 of 6 (262 Views)

★★ Guide

A few people are reporting crashes at the expedition results screen, especially since the last patch.  Try skipping it as soon as the results page pops up with the option to skip, that helps me.  Unfortunately there is likely not anything on your end that would be effecting crashes after completing an expedition or a stronghold.  Maybe it would help to delete the game, boot into safe mode and select Rebuild Database, then reinstall Anthem This didn't work for me, but some people have posted that it has worked for them.

Message 5 of 6 (245 Views)

★★★ Guide

OP - the posts here are correct.  I am also one of the unfortunates for whom nothing currently works as a solution.  As was posted by W2RD - it's not on your end.  Nothing you can do about it.

However, I use the constant reloading times as opportunities to top up my tequila.

Message 6 of 6 (234 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help