Re: Zombology teacher price

by jamesgunn9828

Original Post

Zombology teacher price

★★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys, quick question I really want to get the zombology teacher as it would be a great edition to a lot of my decks but 2000 sparks is a bit much. Does anyone know how long ire have to wait for the spark price to go down? I think they did say but I have a bad memory.

Message 1 of 12 (1,051 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Well, much like leprechaun, that card could easily be a legendary if it was brought out in a set instead of an event, and noone would bat an eye.

You said it yourself, you have many decks you'd like to put it in... 2k is a steal for a card at legendary value that can be played almost universally.

https://youtu.be/7XSlNNrkcLM
Message 2 of 12 (1,046 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@daalnnii wrote:
Well, much like leprechaun, that card could easily be a legendary if it was brought out in a set instead of an event, and noone would bat an eye.

You said it yourself, you have many decks you'd like to put it in... 2k is a steal for a card at legendary value that can be played almost universally.

https://youtu.be/
7XSlNNrkcLM

@daalnnii

I see your point and it probably is worth it but if popcap are already planning to lower the cost I may as well wait. But if their not then your right 2k is a good price 

Message 3 of 12 (1,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
If you look at any or all of the cards that were only available for real coin, they are all 2000 sparks. Meaning that, while a few other people on here are still waiting and hoping for the drop down to 1000, but I think that the way it is will always be.
Hippity hop Garg to king of the grill, hot date, leprechaun which was craftable right around when galactic expansion happened and it is still 2000 sparks. That should be enough proof that if you want them, and can get them...go for it! That's what I say. Like said, many are legendary quality, or better than in some cases...but that's another thing lol.... but seriously, they are absolutely worth it. I got three Zombology teachers so far... I didn't want to spend a full 8000 right now so I got three and a couple other events that I didn't have, and so I got enough for one legendary and a bit(around 5500ish sparks) and I like to have the option of getting anything I don't have, if the need arises. Example, I don't have any mixed up gravediggers. For as hardcore zombies as I am, and yes, I have never crafted one, and back when they were just superrare, I never got one in a pack, and that is still the case. Wow sorry for just going on a different tangent...lol anyways, I have never been into the gravestone decks, I so see the potential and have faced them while playing plants, and they are a pain....but now with blockbuster(one of the best evolution rares in colossal I think) and the tweak or flick or whatever it is... I think that it can be a solid deck, but they can get paralyzed by certain heroes, and I don't like playing decks that, by chance I will not even have a chance, because my deck of gravestone is food for a gravebuster deck. An that's not my thing.
Message 4 of 12 (1,020 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@patdk75

Thank you for clarifying mate, I will get the teacher as she will help a lot. As for the graveyard thing I know how you feel, it can be tough to pull anything with them. A feature to combat would be adding an ability called "unbreakable" stopping plants from wrecking gravestones straight away. Maybe a card like the parasol zombie with the unbreakable ability, just to bring gravestones back into the game.

Message 5 of 12 (1,012 Views)

★★ Pro
I don't think that they are going anywhere, just I don't have the interest to follow the trend. The Cursed Gargolith, the sneaky superrare(7/5 end of turn all gargs go into gravestones) shows that they intend to continue. It is nice to see plants have more to answer with now. A multi gravebuster (if the opportunity is there) and a bounce a gravestone(I think that this is an awesome uncommon card) to go with Cool Bean from GG set, is a decent way to prevent the spread of the gravestones
Message 6 of 12 (1,009 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@patdk75

I get ya, I hate using overused stuff too and gravestones are still very viable you just gotta know who your playing agienst and what cards they can have

Message 7 of 12 (998 Views)

★★★★ Guide

IIRC, there is a statement said that "As per Set 3 update, all paid event cards will be cost 2000 until they do another update". Thus, Teacher (and others paid event) won't get below 2000

Message 8 of 12 (971 Views)

★ Guide

@zdarcon but does this mean that at some point their cost will get reduced to 1000?

Message 9 of 12 (965 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jakeman102201 wrote:

@zdarcon but does this mean that at some point their cost will get reduced to 1000?

They did for a while reduce a couple to 1000, but this past big update, they all got hiked back up to 2000.

BPRD

Message 10 of 12 (941 Views)