Re: Worst Plant Class - Guardian

by jcalton

Original Post

Worst Plant Class - Guardian

★★ Guide
After playing every hero, the guardian class has the lowest win rate. For you newer players, this class is the hardest to win with. You have lower pressure on your opponent and it requires setup to be effective. Your worst enemy is speed and destruction decks. Good luck! Wink
Message 1 of 8 (2,149 Views)

★ Guide

You can use a nut deck to annoy people tho

Message 2 of 8 (2,123 Views)

★ Guide

Guardian is actually one of my favorite classes.  Nut decks are amazing with Mirror-Nut, and it has Potato Mine (Bungee Plumber for plants) and Guacodile (A better Cakesplosion for plants).

I like to think of Guardian as a combination of Crazy and Hearty for plants.  Crazy, because of the "when hurt" and "do damage" abilities, and Hearty, because of the high health, invincibility, and Armor.  And Bullseye is just the cherry on the cake.

EVERY Guardian hero has a great combination with Guardian, too:

Spudow makes amazing Berry decks and Anti-Hero decks.  Plus, Berry Angry helps avoid Weed Spray and Rolling Stone on his low-strength plants.  Also...sigh...Sea-Shroom really helps...gulp.....mushroom decks.  Please...never use a mushroom deck...they are so annoying....

Wall-Kinght: WONDERFUL Flower decks and Healing decks.  Guardian has so many flowers and so many high health plants that aid flower decks and healing decks very much.

Grass Knuckles: An Amphibious pea (Sting Bean) is jus twhat pea decks needed.  Also, Bullseye + Fertilize :P

Citron: The Amphibiousness is strong in this one.  And Grave Buster really supports...gulp....Freeze decks.

Message 3 of 8 (2,117 Views)

★ Guide

For wall knight, you have this very annoying cornucopia deck. You can even make your opponent feel worse by taking your time and stalling through all the turns. And wall knight games are usually like 14 turns.

Message 4 of 8 (2,107 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

personally, i love playing with a mushroom deck. @Guacodile42 it's hilarious beating them to death with cheap cards

Message 5 of 8 (2,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Guardian is the worst, hands down, and I don't see anyone arguing for a  worse class. How often do you see Wall-Knight, Citron, or Spudow?
This week Wall Knight is one of the featured Event class and you still don't see it all that much.

"For wall knight, you have this very annoying cornucopia deck."

The only way Wall Knight is good is with 4 Legendaries...this is a pretty good way to define an awful class.

Wall Knight signature power is incredibly situationally useful, and is probably the worst starting-hand Super Power in the game. You can spend your early mana instead of playing to throw it away to deck cycle. Hooray?

His powers are the worst collection of tricks in the game AFAICT. With many Super Powers, you can win a game. With Wall Knight, you can die next turn instead of this turn.

I can win with Wall Knight in Casual sometimes. Ranked is laughable.

Mirror Nut is fine but (esp for Wall Knight) is all or nothing. If that one trick pony doesn't work, isn't drawn, or is countered, the deck falls apart.

Almost the entire Mirror Nut deck can be destroyed with one card (Weed Spray), which any Hearty zombie should have four of.

I laugh when I see Spudow on the other side of the lawn. That's not a good sign that you've properly balanced a class.

Message 6 of 8 (2,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
IN my experience guardian is not the worst since it those is job as a counter defensive card class meant to be defensive and supportive to other classes. Is offensive cards it has are late game which works well with guardian as they have a start with low energy stall cards to allow you into late game. NOW weed spray and rolling stones are a threat in the start and to a guardian deck deadly however if you play smart by using pear bear or potato mine you can hurt them as much as they will hurt you. In case they try to save this cards and set up on you guardians have access to gravebuster and doomshroom to handle incoming threats as well as growing threats. In addition to all this by playing guardian as sneaky as possible you can allow and avoid any important card from dying example watch your opponent energy brains their is always a turn they run out of brAins to play a weed spray or rolling stones use this turn to play a beary let it get hit then move it out of the way .beary are good cards as they put large pressure quick in players which allows you to set up. .....if I were to have any last words would be play guardian decks as sneaky crazy type of cards they are strong but also weak....remember water shroom is your friend and pineapple knights are for late game.set ups not early games specially against hearty zombies.play smart. A final note this is only true for a full guardian deck not a mix deck if you run a mix deck you play the way you want and was beast
Message 7 of 8 (2,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@jcalton wrote:

Guardian is the worst, hands down, and I don't see anyone arguing for a  worse class. How often do you see Wall-Knight, Citron, or Spudow?
This week Wall Knight is one of the featured Event class and you still don't see it all that much.

"For wall knight, you have this very annoying cornucopia deck."

The only way Wall Knight is good is with 4 Legendaries...this is a pretty good way to define an awful class.

Wall Knight signature power is incredibly situationally useful, and is probably the worst starting-hand Super Power in the game. You can spend your early mana instead of playing to throw it away to deck cycle. Hooray?

His powers are the worst collection of tricks in the game AFAICT. With many Super Powers, you can win a game. With Wall Knight, you can die next turn instead of this turn.

I can win with Wall Knight in Casual sometimes. Ranked is laughable.

Mirror Nut is fine but (esp for Wall Knight) is all or nothing. If that one trick pony doesn't work, isn't drawn, or is countered, the deck falls apart.

Almost the entire Mirror Nut deck can be destroyed with one card (Weed Spray), which any Hearty zombie should have four of.

I laugh when I see Spudow on the other side of the lawn. That's not a good sign that you've properly balanced a class.

As I said, Guardian is not best when used on its own, but at its best when combined with the other hero's class.

I made this deck for Spudow (http://pvzheroesdecks.com/deck/spudow-nutberry-late-game-combo-w-in-depth-guide/) that works pretty well.  Combining nuts with berries results in late game success.

And Citron makes an unstoppable Freeze deck with 4x grave Buster, as graves are a Freeze deck's weakness.

ect.

Message 8 of 8 (2,029 Views)