Re: Wish the game would give you more tips like when’s the right time to play a

by bringerofdarknes

Original Post

Wish the game would give you more tips like when’s the right time to play a card

★★ Guide
Are you 1 of those people who don’t know when or what card you should play? Do you maybe play the wrong card or play a card at the wrong time? Did you not wait long enough to play a card? Do you play too many and end up with no cards left to play? I struggle with all of the above, I really would like it if the game were a little more user friendly and gave you tips to help with all of these issues to help you learn from these sort of mistakes.
Message 1 of 7 (427 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You are talking about removing the aspects of of careful planning, decision making and risk taking from the game. While not needing to mention the difficulty of implementing such feature, in what world would this be a positive change to any game?

Message 2 of 7 (414 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

That, my friend, is called experience, there is no program that can teach you that. The more you play, the better you become at identifing all the circumstances you mentioned (What card to play, when to play a card, etc). However, there is one small tip that I can give you, so you can start playing better.

Always do the most efficient play.

By efficient I mean "try to optimize the cards you have".

If you have a Weed Spray (for example) that costs 3 brains, use it to kill one or more plants that their total cost is at least 3 suns.

(If you use the Weed Spray to kill a single 2 cost card, for example, you are not using your resources efficiently)

If you have a Berry Blast (2 suns, 3 damage) and a Banana Bomb (1 sun, 2 damage) and you want to kill a 2 health zombie, well, use the Banana Bomb instead of the Berry Blast.

If you have a 2 cost, 3 attack zombie (Cyborg Zombie) and another 2 cost, 2 attack zombie (Squirrel Herder), play the 3 attack zombie. 

Not wasting resources is another thing. Try to manage your cards in a way so that you end with 0 suns/brains at the end of your turn.

Things like that.

If you can use all your resources to their maximum limit, I can guarantee you that your games are going to be easier and better.

Message 3 of 7 (406 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I believe you will be better when play more and more. If you would like to practise, there are AI modes for both plant and zombie sides, and after several days of playing, you will know the answers of all of your questions.

Message 4 of 7 (390 Views)

★★ Guide
Thank you, and I am not asking to make the game any easier I’m just simply asking for some help since I keep making mistakes but ok, if it’s experience I need then I’ll keep playing till I figure out what I’m doing wrong.
Message 5 of 7 (384 Views)

★ Guide

@bringerofdarknes I think adding this feature would honestly remove any skill factor whatsoever from the game

Message 6 of 7 (379 Views)

★★ Guide
That’s true I just thought about that
Message 7 of 7 (372 Views)