Re: Why are game errors considered as a defeat for the player???

by bythehill

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why are game errors considered as a defeat for the player???

★★ Guide

Why are the errors "There is a problem with your game" and "There is a problem with your internet connection" considered as a defeat? The player is not to blame for those bugs!! In these cases, the game should end in a draw, or finally that the rival is awarded the corresponding prizes of a victory and that one does not lose or win anything.

As a player, it seems to me strictly unfair that in addition to going through the bad time, I have to assume the error as a defeat and, therefore, regress in the league or lose stars (in case of being in the Ultimate League).

Another thing: EA, please, throw more explicit messages. "There is a problem with your game" says absolutely nothing. What kind of problem does my game have? How can I avoid it? I have no idea about anything because those messages are very unfriendly to the user.

Message 1 of 8 (967 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

I'm locking this thread as this has been discussed before and it never ends well, already this thread has conspiracy theories and posts which break the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines.

If you are seeing an error in relation to your connection then please take a look at our connection troubleshooting steps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

If you are seeing an error in relation to an issue with the game then please ensure that the game and your device is fully up to date.

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (857 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

If ''there is a problem with your internet connection'' doesn't count as a defeat, cheaters simply disconnected their connection when they see that they are going to lose. The game has no form to know if you lost the connection by issue or because you turned off your modem.

I agree about ''there is a problem with your game'', can be useful if the error throws some kind of code that helps guide developers / players about the origin of the problem. 

Message 2 of 8 (958 Views)

★★ Apprentice
You're wrong BlazinsZ because it does count as a loss. Countless times now have I lost a star after one of those annoying messages popping up. Then sometimes when the opponent disconnected, you don't receive a star.

I don't understand how EA won't at least acknowledge the numerous incidents where this is occuring. I followed their troubleshooting steps but still get error messages and lose my battle. Now they want me to send them information on my internet connection to see how stable my connection is. I would do that if they would at least acknowledge that I've had the Internet connection error message appear on data and at least two different WiFi networks. I'm fed up with EA administrators on here playing dumb.
Message 3 of 8 (826 Views)

★★ Guide

EA and Popcap aren't interested in these issues in the game. How many have complained? Gone to EA help, yet get the same old copy and paste trouble shooting links. The real issues causing the problems can't even be discussed here on forum, as you get banned for a week or 2 weeks. PvZ is about to get some changes, and they are more interested in developing that game rather Heroes at the moment. So any issues going on with game they won't fix. We just have to put up with it. Which really doesn't encourage anyone to spend money on getting cards, especially if the game crashes, giving you opponent the win. My suggestion keep complaining to their help, or ask for a refund if can't play due to their game being faulty, buggy, glitchy, unsecure, open to cheaters etc. 

Message 4 of 8 (806 Views)

★ Pro

@@bythehil i was answering the question "why game errors considered defeat" , i know about those unfair issues.  

@saintlydevilis i'm sorry to read that you were banned for that reason. So bad that they think or the person who banned you think , that we are publishing this issues to "bother" , we really love and enjoy this game, and thats why we post here, with the hope they pay attention an fix these issues, or at least report to the developers, both connection issues and hacks, instead of wasting energy trying to silence players. This game needs a freely feedback. 

Anyway, don't bother yourself, if EA dont make effort to resolve this, EA is the most affected.

Message 5 of 8 (799 Views)

★★ Guide

It's sad, as many of us love playing the game.  We just want it to work, and be fair. People spend time designing and thinking up new cards, new decks, sharing experiences, collecting the Sparks, and gems to get more cards. It's so frustrating to see the lack of love, and care from EA and Popcap. Hardly any interaction with regard to common concerns of many who play. It is a great game, but it could be awesome with some small changes. 

Message 6 of 8 (794 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had the forced internet connection dropout happen to me 2 days running now, once yesterday and again today. EA couldn't give a * about fixing the hack as the game doesn't earn as much for them as other properties.

Message 7 of 8 (774 Views)

Community Manager

I'm locking this thread as this has been discussed before and it never ends well, already this thread has conspiracy theories and posts which break the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines.

If you are seeing an error in relation to your connection then please take a look at our connection troubleshooting steps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

If you are seeing an error in relation to an issue with the game then please ensure that the game and your device is fully up to date.

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (858 Views)