Re: Valkyrie Deck after update is still unfair

by jaydabbler

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Valkyrie Deck after update is still unfair

★ Apprentice

Valkyrie Deck after update is still unfair

When you play well and the other player still wins with two moves every time, then there is something broken in the game balance, i am Taco rank 43, i literally get defeated by higher ranks every time the same way, they just keep playing cards and i am almost winning then at the right time they always beat me 1 hit no matter how op my deck is ... 

there can't be an unstoppable play that always works, i wonder how those players feel when they are winning the same way every time, that must be boring and sick .... 

and please reconsider the trickster too, as they depend on stalling with spell cards then finish the game on 1 turn, that is sick too and always works Frown , every deck should be stoppable at some point  

please fix these unfair scenarios so that the game stays enjoyable Frown

Message 1 of 10 (1,946 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide
The problem that could arise with building a counter deck is you end up with an impractical deck four anything else but that deck.

There really is no way to stop valk. A Valk doesn't have to do a bonus attack; it just needs an open lane and there are so many ways to create an open lane (even on water).

Anyway for Spudow you can:

Fill open lanes
Use Soul Patch

The problem with Spudow is using a crowd control deck in playing into the hands of Valk. But to be fair that is how the game should be. Some matchups are favorable and others not so much.

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (2,252 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
You must really hate monument then. I just lost to a jokester played on a monument for a cool 12 damage.

If bonus attacks are a problem you need to invest in wing nut.

Valkyrie decks are hit or miss. Plus sometimes you see the build up. If a high level player is playing a bunch of low health cards well into the match they are setting you up.
Message 2 of 10 (1,904 Views)

★ Apprentice
i am playing Spudow, it has no wing nut Frown
Message 3 of 10 (1,843 Views)

★ Guide
I somewhat agree with you. I made a thread complaining about cards that break the design of the game need to be removed.

Zombies are allowed to go twice because plants get to counter but the restriction is the only get to play tricks. Then EA puts in teleport.

I think the problem is useage is dictating card design. I find Zombie wait times to be shorter than plant. Whenever I am playing for gem quests like win a multiplayer game or doing events when bonus is fill get shorter queues on the zombie side.

Healing past 20 and playing zombies on trick turns need to go away.
Message 4 of 10 (1,838 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MostafaSultanT_T

Call me silly, but instead of complaining about one card, maybe ask for help on how to improve your deck to better deal/prepare for Valkyrie.  Post your deck here and people can comment on it.  There are plenty of Plant cards I dread, but I either learn how to beat them, or I take the loss and accept it.  And for the record, Valk is not a deck I play with.  

BPRD

Message 5 of 10 (1,804 Views)

★ Apprentice
Here is my deck, i can't see a way to stop it with my current hero
Message 6 of 10 (1,800 Views)

★ Guide
The problem that could arise with building a counter deck is you end up with an impractical deck four anything else but that deck.

There really is no way to stop valk. A Valk doesn't have to do a bonus attack; it just needs an open lane and there are so many ways to create an open lane (even on water).

Anyway for Spudow you can:

Fill open lanes
Use Soul Patch

The problem with Spudow is using a crowd control deck in playing into the hands of Valk. But to be fair that is how the game should be. Some matchups are favorable and others not so much.
Message 7 of 10 (2,253 Views)

★ Guide
I am no expert but a few observations on your deck:

Cactus is great for your beary but horrible for your currant.
Block buster I prefer over grave buster. It is twice the cost and requires consuming a team up plant but don't you hate when no grave is played and you are sitting on one or more grave busters?
Why the guacadile? To have a water lane? Pear Cub with your beary and catcus makes more sense.
Why fireweed? For the hot lava effect? If so why not carry lava environment instead?

Finally my suggestion would be to carry 4 copies of your building block cards. It is a berry deck so Strongberry/Berrian you can carry 4 of but dial back some of those other cards. Sour Grapes is fantastic with a lane full of zombies and a Strongberry on the board. Wild berry isn't bad either.
Message 8 of 10 (1,783 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The OP issue of Valk isn't the bonus attack via monument but instead it's the amount of damage it can deal. Which is why nerfing the support cards was the wrong idea imo.

Message 9 of 10 (1,722 Views)

★★ Guide

One thing you should consider is that in this game (and all CCGs I know) there is a rock-paper-scissor system. Some decks will have better matchups against others. When going against Valk, a very aggressive deck will have an advantage since it will be able to win before valk can set up. If the meta has a lot of valk decks, then you need to make an aggro deck. 

Message 10 of 10 (1,680 Views)