Untrickable Tweak Suggestion

by jakeman102201

Original Post

Untrickable Tweak Suggestion

★ Guide

I just have a quick suggestion to the devs(if this is seen by them) as to how to tweak the untrickable rule.

I think it should be changed so that AOE effects(one's that don't technically target a plant/zombie, but rather all plants/zombies) don't trigger the untrickable ability. That way cards like Z-mech super or chickening will be able to do damage through untrickable plants. 

Many players are very confused with the rule as it stands, in part I believe because they had played magic the gathering in the past, where there was a similar ability called hexproof. The only difference was that hexproof minions could be killed by AOE effects. 

Just something to think about, I personally don't really like how parasol zombie and jurassic fossilhead are dominating the zombie side of the game right now. Same with umbrella leaf but at least the leaf itself isn't untrickable.

What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 5 (417 Views)

Re: Untrickable Tweak Suggestion

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Good Idea i am a zombie player and I was thinking the same. AOE should be able to kill them like in magic.

Message 2 of 5 (402 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I don't mind it the way it is now. I would like it more if untrickable meant friendly tricks a well... I also think it would be a good time to start introducing the silence effect to the game.
Message 3 of 5 (392 Views)

★★ Guide

neither is very intuitive to be honest. People are just very used that tergeting the field is not targeting a specific plant/zombie from other games. Untrickable though stands pretty firm with what it says actually. I mean in MTG for example you can not target hexproof card with anything that calls for it to be a target. in PvZ heroes on the other hand its just about tricks, so the value is slightly shifted here. its not inheritly stronger. And in that regard Untrickable does very much what the word promises. Even more so than compareable abilities in compareable games.

Message 4 of 5 (382 Views)

★★ Pro
Yeah like x amount of damage to all creatures, doesn't target specific and that works for mtg. Like wrath of god, kills all creatures, all means all.
I haven't seen lots of untrickable situations unfortunately, but ground pound works against, how about brain freezes special? Freeze all plants on ground, either way, it seems like at this moment the favour goes to the zombies as far as untrickable is concerned. Fossilhead and Parasol are pretty dope cards, especially for being superrares.
To be honest, I like more superrare than legendary, not just colossal but as a whole.
There are a lot of really good cards on both sides that have that sexy purple border
Message 5 of 5 (379 Views)