Unfair Matchmaking

by Beezum1

Original Post

Unfair Matchmaking

★★★★ Novice

We should be matchmaked against players that are the same. I get matchmaked against players higher than me and lose every match. The only time I win is when the opponent gets disconnected.

Message 1 of 35 (12,456 Views)

Re: Unfair Matchmaking

★★★★ Novice

Same here, although I don´t find it a big problem EXCEPT if those are 15-20 Ranks higher, it happens quite unofften, but its annoying.

Message 2 of 35 (12,391 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know, sometimes when I'm playing casual matches, most people choose plants while in Ranked, most choose zombies, limiting what I can or can't choose. Weird. It should be considered, but if you can't get any match simply because the other few players in queue are some levels higher or lower than you, matchmaking would take a pretty long time to match.

Message 3 of 35 (12,350 Views)

★ Apprentice

the best part is when your like 20 facing a 40 and you are stomping them and the "something is wrong with your game" error pops up and you lose, i assume they cheating

Message 4 of 35 (12,250 Views)

★ Guide

Actually, the matchmaking isn't half bad these days, at least for me. Since the last update, my matches have mostly been fair.

Message 5 of 35 (12,243 Views)

★ Guide

That has happened to me a few times. I win 8-9 battles in a row in league 22 and here comes the ultimate league player with --- whaddaya know? --- a perfect hand! And I'm gone in 5. Some little alarm on their monitor goes off and it's time to cheese a noob. What a despicable way to live!

Hackers or ea employees. I hope it's not hackers for ea's sake. 

File a report without the expectation of results. 

Message 6 of 35 (12,191 Views)

★ Guide

I guess that when you are on a winning streak, they will match you with a hero that counters your's. If you are super brains for example, you will get solar flare and she will stomp you.

Message 7 of 35 (12,178 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't know the exact numbers for this game but in this type of game, typically you have a large number of players in the lower ranks and then as you go up the ranks, the number of active players is reduced. This means that, unless you have a large enough player base (like Hearthstone or Clash Royale, for example), the people in the high ranks will more often than not be matched down, and the people in the middle will every so often be matched against someone at the top. This will continue to happen until a certain critical mass of active players is reached such that there are always a couple of players in similar ranks starting a game.

I've made a suggestion in another post how the experience could be improved (by weighing the rewards based on your opponent's rank), but as long as there isn't a large enough player base, it is impossible to prevent imbalanced matchmaking without creating long wait times.

Message 8 of 35 (12,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am middling rank at 25 and while I usually get matched up against someone within a few ranks of me I have fought a level 1 and a level 38 within the past couple of days.  I guess it just depends on who is available to fight at that moment.   The bigger this game gets the better the pvp system will get.  To the guy that won 9 in a row...you were bound to eventually lose.  

Message 9 of 35 (12,140 Views)

★ Guide

I think you are right and thank you. I have seen two dozen or so of the same players, some five or six times. 

Message 10 of 35 (11,929 Views)