Re: Today's challenge was disappointing

by puntwothree

Original Post

Today's challenge was disappointing

★★★ Guide

Today's challenge (07/17/2018) wasn't difficult, but I found it horribly disappointing.  They made a big deal about Bad Moon Rising, and preparing to play it.  I got it into my hand about Turn 5, but didn't have a situation where I could play it on more than one Zombie until Turn 8.  So I skipped playing any Zombies so that I could play it during the Tricks phase, only to have the Plant player throw down Dark Matter Dragonfruit.  -_-  I ended up winning anyway, but it was a significant letdown to finally actually see one of the featured cards only to have the game deny me the chance to try it out.

WHY MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL ABOUT THIS GREAT, FEATURED CARD IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO PREVENT US FROM PLAYING IT WHEN WE FINALLY GET THE OPPORTUNITY?

Message 1 of 7 (875 Views)

★ Pro

Same situation here, I had it in my hand, but never got a change to use it, plants wiped out all my zombies before trick time.

Message 2 of 7 (849 Views)

★★★ Guide

What about today’s puzzle party, where you had more sun than you needed to play all the cards given and didn’t even need to place all of them to win (taunt the 3/3, place the 4/4 on double strike)? I raise your 6 damage with 15 sun to 8 with 7 lololololol

Message 3 of 7 (813 Views)

★★★ Guide

The sad part is, all they had to do to fix today’s challenge was put the Zombot Plank Walker in lane 1, as any sane opponent playing Zombot Plank Walker would probably do anyway.

Message 4 of 7 (808 Views)

★ Pro

I agree, it didn't made any sense in this layout.

Message 5 of 7 (784 Views)

★★★ Guide

All these daily challenges need is a little bit of playtesting. Today’s, for instance (7/29/18), provided way more damage than you actually needed to win and was literally impossible to lose so long as you dropped the Srgt. first. I have to believe the zombie AI’s starting life total was set w/out any actual playing of the cards to see how much damage the plants were capable of doing.

Message 6 of 7 (722 Views)

★★★ Guide

@puntwothree wrote:

All these daily challenges need is a little bit of playtesting. Today’s, for instance (7/29/18), provided way more damage than you actually needed to win and was literally impossible to lose so long as you dropped the Srgt. first. I have to believe the zombie AI’s starting life total was set w/out any actual playing of the cards to see how much damage the plants were capable of doing.

How did you play it?  O_o  It took me several tries before I got it, and even then I had exactly enough damage.

Message 7 of 7 (703 Views)