Re: Today's Challenge (04/28/2018)

by jj48car

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Today's Challenge (04/28/2018)

★★★ Guide

Ugh, today's challenge is brutal!  Despite the description calling out "Deadly Zombies", I have yet to see a single Zombie with Deadly in any of the matches I've played thus far!  Not to mention the Plant player manages to get out a Force Field with an irritating plant on it, and the Zombie deck appears to have no Environments, no bouncing, and only one auto-kill (which only works once, and only on a plant of strength 5 or more)!  Of course, the Plant deck, EVERY SINGLE GAME gets out a Soul Patch and a Dark Matter Dragonfruit on the first turns they're available, has replacements ready in case I use Cut Down to Size on them, and has a seemingly endless supply of Shamrockets!

Has anyone out there managed to beat it yet?

Message 1 of 6 (707 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@jj48car the daily challenge description tells you which strategy deck you'll be using, so there's no harm in taking a quick look in the collection to see what's in the deck.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (988 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide
I got it first try.

This challenge seemed unfair on the onset, but I found (personally..maybe it was luck) it was actually one of the easier ones to win. I just left the Garlic unopposed to trigger superblock until I had several Captain Flameface, which seem to be the all-star of the precon. they provide you with. By the time the AI got a Soulpatch down, I had both a Trampoline and a Rocket Science to clean up.

The two-garlic start doesn’t just seem unfair... it is, for sure. But getting hit for two in two lanes is a lot more manageable than getting hit for four in one (health nut). My advice: mulligan for Flameface if you have a slow hand, divert the AI’s attention away from those Garlic lanes, and try to make up card advantage by drawing an extra superpower off block.

Don’t use those bounce or removal tricks until 1) you’re winning, or 2) the AI thinks its Soul Patch is clever.
Message 2 of 6 (688 Views)

★★★ Guide

Honestly, I never even SAW a Rocket Science until my fifth or sixth try, and Trampoline never showed up at all.  I finally got it, but only because of a lucky summons of Binary Stars.

Maybe what the game needs is a way to be able to look through the deck you'll be playing before trying the daily challenge.  Just knowing that certain cards are in the deck would go a long way to boosting confidence that the challenge is actually winnable.

Message 3 of 6 (676 Views)

★ Pro

i won in my second attempt, i killed a Garlic + mayflower with Flameface + deadly and move,  since they are a nuisance because they hide the plants behind, then my enemy didnt do the big thing, he only placed Force Field and Gravitree, and I bounced it

oh, also it wasted its power to protect one garlic that was not even in danger lol

Message 4 of 6 (666 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jj48car the daily challenge description tells you which strategy deck you'll be using, so there's no harm in taking a quick look in the collection to see what's in the deck.

Message 5 of 6 (989 Views)

★★★ Guide

Honestly, I had no idea that the decks used in the daily challenges were the same pre-made decks offered the players for regular battles.  This information will be very useful in future challenges.

Message 6 of 6 (618 Views)