Today Challenge 23/09/2017 BORING and ANNOYING

by BlazinsZ

Original Post

Re: Today Challenge 23/09/2017 BORING and ANNOYING

★★★ Guide

@BPRDHB wrote:

Right now it's two puzzles a week, right?  I wouldn't mind more, but not everyday.  I like playing with the upcoming cards too.  

BPRD

I can see that, though personally the previews don't do much for me.  Occasionally the preview card falls perfectly into place and I have fun using it, but the vast majority of the time it either gets destroyed before having any real effect or else it fails to show up at all!

Case in point:  today's challenge featured the upcoming pumpkin guy.  I played him first turn, got a hit in, and then he was killed the second turn.  I then ended up beating the opponent before the conjured card ever came into play.  It showed me that having a 4/2 for 1 sun is useful, but I didn't really feel that it showed off the card at all, and if it hadn't been in there, the game would have maybe taken one turn longer.

That's one reason I like the puzzles so much.  They have a tendency to show off cards at their best/worst, and show you different ways of approaching their use.

Message 11 of 15 (327 Views)

★★ Pro
Same thing for me except I waited until turn two to play pumpking and turn seven he put out gas giant which I assumed was the conjured monster. The game ended that round.

Lots of times the feature card is the reason I lose the game. Either because I was trying to get the dang card into the game and took seriously bad hurt for doing so, or the cpu completely ignores the card and it basically just clogs a lane.
Message 12 of 15 (317 Views)

★ Pro

for some strange reason, they repeated this boring challenge today...  Disappointed

Message 13 of 15 (272 Views)

★★ Guide

@jj48car wrote:

That's one reason I like the puzzles so much.  They have a tendency to show off cards at their best/worst, and show you different ways of approaching their use.

The other thing I like is that they showcase the "borken" things that people complain about (e.g. Heartichoke on the Venus Flytraplanet loop).

Message 14 of 15 (260 Views)

★ Guide

Personally I love the challenges.

Message 15 of 15 (245 Views)