by npgibbs

Original Post

Re: These Decks are Fun! (2.0)

★★★ Apprentice

I have a really fun deck for you centered around 3 cards:

Astro-Shroom

PIneclone

Molekale

Now Astro-Shroom is not mandatory but it presents a nice build up.

Another set of cards important to the deck are low cost, team up plants. You want as many plants in as many lanes as possible by turn 3 for when you drop Pineclone on turn 4. Weed Spray is an absolute killer so be careful against hearty Zombies. 3-4 Pineclones on the board with some in team up formation turn 4 to a Molekale drop on turn 5 = the cheaper, plant version to Bad Moon Rising!

Astro-Shroom is useful as a starting card and cheap bullseye direct damage especially with all the team up cards.

Another version of this deck uses Solar Flare. Sunflower plants allow you to play pineclone/molekale faster and the useless mushroom superpower has some synergy here. If you do go SF I highly recommend Sun Strike once you have all your pineclones on the board.

Effective Zombie Counters - Supernova Garg, Weed Spray, Chickening, Extinction Event, Vamps, Gizzard Lizard.

It is not an OP deck but it is easy to play, and the randomness can be fun. I much prefer it over my Rose Rose deck.

Message 11 of 13 (204 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for posting! Pineclone seems like a good fit for a Molekale deck. I haven’t experimented with it personally for the simple reason that I don’t own any...

Message 12 of 13 (195 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I started fooling around with Random decks out of boredom and it hit me that it is the cheapest way to get multiple high-level plants on the board by turn 5. I do not know if I will continue playing the game past this season so I am currently in the 40s and have been playing this deck mostly. I do lose with it so I am not selling this as a powerhouse but it is flexible enough to add complimentary cards. Block buster is a great card for this deck because of how strong it is on Team Up plants. I put a forget me nuts in there because it is highly prone to trick heavy and control decks. But the meat and potatoes of the deck I would say are pineclone, kale and mushroom for two.

Message 13 of 13 (191 Views)

pvz-heroes-promo

Get support as you play

Find and tap Contact Support in-game under Settings, or contact us on EA Help.

View more on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help