The balance between Plants & Zombies

by EA_Roger

Original Post

Re: The balance between Plants & Zombies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
I don’t yet fully know how I feel about the zombie buffs, but I do know that on round 2 of my last on they evolved a zombie into a 5/6 Jurassic Fossilhead. That’s kind of a huge zombie that only cost a total of 3 brains (1 for the original zombie and 2 for the Fossilhead) on round 2. And he’s untrickable so you can’t even lawnmower him (which, if you could, you’d have to wait til 4 sun which by then is already 15 damage deep.) He should either cost more, or be trickable.

Anyway, with regards to the Venus Flytrap requiring the plant to survive....if you’re going to require that for plants, I think the nurse gargantuar should be required to survive to heal also. It’s more frustrating now that he dies, still heals 6, then I lose out on 3 healing because my plant doesn’t live.
Message 21 of 111 (5,306 Views)

★★ Guide

@shepaman wrote:
I don’t yet fully know how I feel about the zombie buffs, but I do know that on round 2 of my last on they evolved a zombie into a 5/6 Jurassic Fossilhead. That’s kind of a huge zombie that only cost a total of 3 brains (1 for the original zombie and 2 for the Fossilhead) on round 2. And he’s untrickable so you can’t even lawnmower him (which, if you could, you’d have to wait til 4 sun which by then is already 15 damage deep.) He should either cost more, or be trickable.

Anyway, with regards to the Venus Flytrap requiring the plant to survive....if you’re going to require that for plants, I think the nurse gargantuar should be required to survive to heal also. It’s more frustrating now that he dies, still heals 6, then I lose out on 3 healing because my plant doesn’t live.

Agreed. I’m not sure how a turn two 5/6 untrickable makes sense and save the “well if you see a turn one professional zombie then you need to kill it” because they can save it and play it turn 3 and there’s no way to stop it. I’ve only seen it once so far but I can guarantee you will see it more. That’s a card I would stock up on now because I can see it moving to legendary status quickly. That card really makes no sense to me. 

Message 22 of 111 (5,269 Views)

★★ Pro

I'm also suprised at how powerful they made that card.

People are going to be building entire decks around it.

Message 23 of 111 (5,257 Views)

★★ Guide
I think the stats of wins and losses should have more information than that like what was the ranks of each player? Remember people who are higher ranking have more experience, but that’s not just all they might have, they might be paying for the game and have all the cards they need for their decks to be effective. The low rank player maybe new to the game and have less experience and what if he doesn’t pay to play the game? He may be lacking the cards he needs to make his Deck effective. So what if the higher rank has more experience than the new player? What if he didn’t pay to play? What if the lower ranking person did? There’s all sorts of reasons and advantages and disadvantages that could cause a win or a loss, I think a stats page should have all this information.
Message 24 of 111 (5,244 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
Originally I thought untrickable was going to mean completely, but it makes it scary to be able to throw a going viral on the turn three or four and the rest is game
Edit- by the same token, you have seen the other cards on the way and there are some ridiculous cards to come, so maybe fossilhead will not be the worst part of a day for some.
That all plants get strike through this turn, is going to be the finishing move on a lotta decks....my bullseye deck will be getting them lol
Message 25 of 111 (5,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
I changed my mind. I know how I feel about the zombie buffs and I think this card is absurd. By round four in my last game there were two untrickable 5/6 Fossilheads. This was after I’d killed a professional zombie round one. That’s the equivalent of two gargantuars on round four. How do the devs even pretend this is balanced?
Message 26 of 111 (5,185 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@shepaman wrote:
I changed my mind. I know how I feel about the zombie buffs and I think this card is absurd. By round four in my last game there were two untrickable 5/6 Fossilheads. This was after I’d killed a professional zombie round one. That’s the equivalent of two gargantuars on round four. How do the devs even pretend this is balanced?

Their "logic" (if you can call it that way) is that this zombie is just a zombie.rar 

If you take the stadistics apart, you have a 1/2 1 cost zombie (since 99% of the time this combo starts with the Zombie Middle Manager) and a 2/3 2 cost zombie. If they were kept separately, you would have a 3/5 for 3 brains.

Since your 1/2 can no longer attack (because it was fused with your 2/3) the devs were probably like...

"well, let's suppose our zombie was still on lane and it attacked. Sooo... in order to compensate that we will give this zombie an extra attack point" (Because.... reasons).

And something something happened and instead of being a 3/5 or a 4/5 it became the 5/6 monster we all know today.

Message 27 of 111 (5,174 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@patdk75 it seems someone can't handle simple listening and comprehension skills. And so what if it led to that? It seems it's already so anyway.
Message 28 of 111 (5,150 Views)

★★ Pro
What am I missing here? Or maybe I should have said, what did I miss hearing?
Message 29 of 111 (5,131 Views)

★ Guide

I currently like the balance between plants and zombies. I think a few tweaks to some of the new OP zombies will bring perfect balance to the game, the key word being tweaks, not nerfs. Everyone is freaking out about how zombies are now "op", and seem to forget about go nuts, bean decks, heal deck, grass knuckles tempo, pineclone/mushroom decks with camptain combustible and nightcap, etc. There are a ton of options for plants right now, as there were before the update. I think people are just surprised to see zombies winning and are overreacting just a little bit to the new cards. In time, people will find counters to the current zombie meta as plants, and that is how the meta evolves healthily in the game. Just give it time

Message 30 of 111 (5,101 Views)