Re: The balance between Plants & Zombies

by bloody778

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Zombies were already advantaged (playing first, better cards, Gargantuas etc.)  but that was fine. It was challenging to beat them, but doable. However, with the new cards, it is barely playable. The dino-roar are completely crazy (i.e. the Stompadon give +1/+1 each time you pick a card, it is suppose to be legendary so I do know how half the player have it...), the Kitchen sink zombie (an event zombie so easy available) is unbeatable unless you can kill it right away, the untrickable ones are completely in favor of the zombies (plants have a poor 0/1 team-up, not even protected himself, while zombie have Parasol zombie 3/6 that cost only 4), the Zom blob can give you with no effort a 12/5 with bullyeye ( because 12 in attack is not enough), the Jurassic Fossilhead with only 3 brain give you a 5/6 untrickable zombie and it's just 'super-rare'. 

In comparaison the new plants cards are laughable. It use to be an interesting game but not anymore! so sad. 

Message 71 of 111 (5,728 Views)

★★ Guide

@bloody778 Completely agree with you. Yet, some in this forum either don't play the game but spend all their time on the forum so have no idea, or because they play as zombies it suits them just fine to have such easy win decks. 

Message 72 of 111 (5,715 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This is not balance. This is absurd.
And what do you think about leggo-dinos, that zombies have? Im kinda getting used to give up if i cant destroy it at once. And the guy with the caps, that hits 1 damage every time a plant gets a cerd. It costs 1 brain and has 4 hp.
All of this is kinda *.
Message 73 of 111 (5,709 Views)

★★★ Guide

@saintlydevilis wrote:

@bloody778 Completely agree with you. Yet, some in this forum either don't play the game but spend all their time on the forum so have no idea, or because they play as zombies it suits them just fine to have such easy win decks. 

I know Zombies have some decent cards now, especially of the newest set, but I still tend to go with Plants when I really need a win, and they tend to have a much easier time than my Zombie decks.  Zombies may have some of the better cards now, but if those cards are lost so's the entire game.  Plants tend to have better synergy overall, allowing a deck to still function even if that one heavy-hitter doesn't show up.  (Not to mention plants still have the best environments, the best anti-tricks, splash attacks, and Team-Up, just to name a few.)

There may well be some cards that require a nerf here and there, but just because Zombies have some good abilities doesn't mean that Plants are suddenly helpless, either.

Message 74 of 111 (5,665 Views)

★★★ Newbie
im Chinese and i like this game very much, but there isnt a server in my country so we have to play the game using vpn and it makes me failing to link often, i hope ea can make servers in China, i also want more people playing this wonderful game, i cant wait for set4 yet!
Message 75 of 111 (5,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Here is how you know Zombies are favored more by the game development:
1. Zombies have tricks opportunities
2. Daily quests are most likely completed using zombies (ie Do 20 Damage as Rustbolt...etc).
3. Most PvP players choose zombies and spend gems and real money on zombie card sets (Need proof? Try and get a game against a plant player vs a zombie player... you will find games 5x faster against zombies than plants)
4. The new card sets ARE more powerful at lower costs than plants. Most Plants Heroes have to TANK damage until they can make sizable attacks. If you do use low damage low sun cards early, they are most likely tricked away with rolling pin or plant spray type tricks.
5. New zombie cards are way over powered are lower brain costs: Kitchen sink zombie has no equivalent plant card that has 5 attack characteristics. Cards like Quickdraw and Tankylasaurus make bonus attacks on card draws... there are no equivalent plants at sub 5 sun...stompadon increases all cards in zombie players hands on simple card draws. There is no equivalent plant at low sin cost that does this, and the fact that zombies play tricks makes this card extremely hard to defend even with a whole hand of plant premium cards.
6. You cant unlock Betacarotina...wtf?! You can unlock all zombie heroes but you cant unlocck all plant heroes?! Why? Why give zombie players more options than plants?

Basically, all EA has to do is release more low sun bonus damage plant cards to counter ALL heavily used pvp new zombie cards. You have the data, you know what cards are used the most by players. Use that data to balance out pvp so that everyone doesnt gravitate to zombies please
Message 76 of 111 (5,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Telloami 

1. Zombies have tricks opportunities 

I don't know very well what you mean by this, if you mean that zombie have the trick phase, is because Zombies plays first, so plants players have the advantage to react to zombie moves,  therefore the zombies need the phase of tricks to counterattack.

About  2. Daily quests are most likely completed using zombies : is because you have more Zombies Heroes, most of my quests are for plants.

3. that's the decision of the players, not the developers

4 and 5: those cards go be modified soon.

6. Berra Carrotina and Huge Gigantacus, they are the only heroes that can not be unblocked by 750 packs, it's because they're both new. Berra Carrotina for plants, Huge Gigantacus for Zombies.

Regards. 

Message 77 of 111 (5,257 Views)

★★ Pro
I have all the heroes and I get a random smattering of all gem quests...with the exception of the 100 gems quests, which I am lucky to see every other month, and from zombies to plants, to specific heroes....
Do you ever get quests to do 20 damage with a hero that you don't have? I have always been curious about that
Message 78 of 111 (5,218 Views)

★ Pro

@patdk75 I have never received a mission from a hero that I don't have, I guess I'll start having Spudow and Neptuna quest, they are the two heroes that I recently unlocked.

Message 79 of 111 (5,205 Views)

★★ Pro
I recall when I had just aquired HG, and I started getting quests for him and BC, even though I had yet to get her from her packs.
So I just saved my swap for occasions such as that, until I finally got her too
Message 80 of 111 (5,186 Views)