Thanks for ruining Venus Flytraplanet

by AstroQuiereJugar

Original Post

Thanks for ruining Venus Flytraplanet

★★ Guide

They did not even deign to lower it cost. For how they have left this card now, it should cost only 2 or 3 sunsDo not you think 4 is too much?

Message 1 of 12 (651 Views)

Re: Thanks for ruining Venus Flytraplanet

★★★★★ Novice
Nope. While agree they shouldn't have increased the cost, but they DEFINITIVELY shouldn't reduce the cost. Especially to something rediculous as 2 or 3 brains. Just be glad though. This wasn't the worst nerf they were going to add
Message 2 of 12 (634 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I like this change. I always thought that this card was suppossed to be placed into a control-style deck. This would mean that you have plants with big health that can protect you (like some Wall Nuts). I found ridiculous that you were able to heal even with more aggressive decks than originally planned. (I mean, you could heal DOUBLE with strikethrough plants!!)

However, I don't think is the end for this card. Just as with the Planet of the Grapes, you can still heal a bunch with plants that do direct damage. (Like Sportacus)

Message 3 of 12 (623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

CyborgpyggE escribió:
Nope. While agree they shouldn't have increased the cost, but they DEFINITIVELY shouldn't reduce the cost. Especially to something rediculous as 2 or 3 brains. Just be glad though. This wasn't the worst nerf they were going to add

First and foremost, they are suns; not brains. And what they did was not to increase the cost of this card, but to limit their ability to only be triggered when a Plant here does damage and survives (before the last update, it was not necessary for the plant to survive).

Ridiculous at a cost of 3 suns? This is an extremely difficult card to play because of its high cost. But, at least, before the last update, it was worth sacrificing to play some plants in order to play this card, since healing helped to mitigate it (provided that the zombie player did not replace it in the tricks phase). But now that they have nerfed it, 4 suns is too much, since the probability of healing the hero is really low… (Not to mention that in this latest update, zombis received 90% of the buffs, which already makes things more difficult).

Azombioso escribió:

I like this change. I always thought that this card was suppossed to be placed into a control-style deck. This would mean that you have plants with big health that can protect you (like some Wall Nuts). I found ridiculous that you were able to heal even with more aggressive decks than originally planned. (I mean, you could heal DOUBLE with strikethrough plants!!)

However, I don't think is the end for this card. Just as with the Planet of the Grapes, you can still heal a bunch with plants that do direct damage. (Like Sportacus)

Unfortunately, there are not many plants that do direct attack. Spartacus is one of the few exceptions. (besides it, I can only think of Admiral Navy Bean, but I guess there must be more).

Message 4 of 12 (591 Views)

★★ Pro
MirrorNut, Punishshroom, Galacticactus are three off top of my head. And there are still strike through to heal double off one attack
Message 5 of 12 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

patdk75 escribió:
MirrorNut, Punishshroom, Galacticactus are three off top of my head. And there are still strike through to heal double off one attack

I think Galacticactus is no longer useful, since its direct attack is performed when he dies (I have not tried it). The other two are good examples, though Wink.

Message 6 of 12 (582 Views)

★★ Pro
I also forgot my favourite...Astroshroom the bullseye direct damage.
Sergeant Strongberry too and Bluesberry when played...
Im done lol. I just realized that I forgot to mention astroshroom and the other two just popped up when I was here
Message 7 of 12 (569 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

As @patdk75 said, there are many cards that can heal with direct damage. For example, I included some Sonic-Bloom on my Solar Flare Flower deck after this change. It heals you for whatever amount of flowers you have on the field (usually between 2 and 5). Also, Power Flower still heals you double, as long as it survives its attack.

I still think that this change was necessary. For control decks it isn't that big of a nerf.

Message 8 of 12 (559 Views)

★★ Guide

This was a needed nerf. I main plant decks and I understand how OP it was to recover all your health even upon death. I would get countless rage quits upon it happening.

Message 9 of 12 (541 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't think they ruined it; they just made it "good" instead of "broken".  If the Zombie player couldn't draw an environment to replace it, then it can still easily keep the Zombie player from having any chance of winning if played under the right plant (for instance, a pumped-up Pepper M.D. or Doubled Mint).  You can still do wonders with it; it's just that now you don't also get to block AND heal with cheap, weak plants.

Message 10 of 12 (448 Views)