Switch accounts on iPad?

by JustGidman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Switch accounts on iPad?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry @EA_Arrenai @EA_Roger 

Team, would think this should be an easy one but it isn't working so I suspect something is up with EA's servers. Perhaps a hangover from the widespread issues from the past 24 hrs.

I'm trying to switch PvZH accounts on an iPad. I have an EA account and my girlfriend has an EA account. My account was logged into the iPad. I logged out of my account and into hers (she has been playing on an Android phone connected to her EA account).

Sign in seems fine (including email code verification), confirmation screen comes up. However, my username is still displayed on the Settings screen and all progress on iPad is as if my account is still logged in. It's as if the new account connects but none of the account info transfers to the device.

Went through various permutations of restarting the app, restarting the iPad, powering down the iPad and even deleting/reinstalling the app (deleting - not simply offloading). No dice.

Given the recent issues with EA's servers I tried to connect using Facebook but because I've previously linked using my Facebook account on the iPad, it seems to default to that login info and doesn't offer an opportunity to change - just displays a 'You've previously logged in using FB, do you want to continue?' option. Selecting continue uses my info (no good) while selecting cancel just bounces you to the previous menu.

Can you confirm switching accounts on an iPad is possible?

Would think this is a fairly common use case and given the Account Info screen specifically says, "Connect to restore your game progress..." it seems like intended functionality but suppose best to confirm or the rest is moot.

Is there a way to change the FB login details from within the app? Even after deleting and reinstalling, it somehow remembers my FB login info

Can you confirm the PvZH login system is currently working as intended?

FYI - tested using Google Play as the sync platform and worked immediately (synced account on her Android phone then added same account to my Android phone). While it's reassuring to see that work, we can't use Google Play to transfer her progress to the iPad so we're left without a solution.

Message 1 of 3 (898 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Switch accounts on iPad?

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry

Facebook app wasn't installed on the iPad.

After a bunch of trouble shooting I eventually discovered my FB account was logged in on iPad Safari (gf's was logged into the Chrome app but appears PvZH defaults to Safari).

After logging out of FB on Safari the FB account link in PvZH brought up a normal login screen rather than defaulting to my account.

FYI - as part of trouble shooting I disabled iPad Game Center. After doing this linking my gf's EA account actually transferred her game progress to the iPad (instead of just linking her account without transferring the progress).

Unsure if Game Center was creating a conflict or if EA servers finally ticked over but if others are having similar issues would be worth disabling Game Center as a first step.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (793 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@JustGidman 

If you've signed in with Facebook in the past, try going to the actual Facebook app and to Settings>Apps at the top. Go to the game and remove/un-link it. This doesn't erase progress it just un-links that specific device to your EA account. 

After that is done try signing into the other account to see if that updates it for you.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (818 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry

Facebook app wasn't installed on the iPad.

After a bunch of trouble shooting I eventually discovered my FB account was logged in on iPad Safari (gf's was logged into the Chrome app but appears PvZH defaults to Safari).

After logging out of FB on Safari the FB account link in PvZH brought up a normal login screen rather than defaulting to my account.

FYI - as part of trouble shooting I disabled iPad Game Center. After doing this linking my gf's EA account actually transferred her game progress to the iPad (instead of just linking her account without transferring the progress).

Unsure if Game Center was creating a conflict or if EA servers finally ticked over but if others are having similar issues would be worth disabling Game Center as a first step.
Message 3 of 3 (794 Views)