Re: Should there be 'freezing protection' ability?

by BPRDHB

Original Post

Should there be 'freezing protection' ability?

★★ Apprentice

I just notice that in Plants vs. Zombies 1 and 2, if we play fire-type plants such as Fire Peashooter or Wasabi Whip, they cannot be frozen by zombies. However, in this game, this ability is not available for some reasons. Meaning is all plants and zombies can be frozen.

How do you think about 'freezing protection' ability for some plants or zombies? Should there be or not and can it change the style of some decks?

Message 1 of 16 (578 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I wouldn't say there's enough freezing in the game for it to have a direct counter, especially on the zombies side. It would probably end up being super powerful against freeze decks, but then a waste of an ability against anything else. If freezing does begin to show up more in the meta though, I can definitely see it becoming suitable.

Message 2 of 16 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I can see this being an awesome trait on the zombie side.  Introducing Campfire Zombie!  

Campfire Zombie

2/3 Cost 3

Super Rare

Special ability: Zombies in this lane and on either side can not be frozen!  If currently frozen, thawed out immediately.

"S'brains anyone?  S'mores just aren't satisfying enough."

Campfire Zombie Video

I hate running into freezing decks.  I might have a slight winning percentage against them, but them and clique peas are what I hate most recently.

BPRD

Message 3 of 16 (557 Views)

★★ Pro
I agree but to add to that, anytime I see Rose I hate it.
Her laugh that makes me want to take that wand and...snap it in half!
Seriously though I really don't like her, and I think part due to the crazy cache of supertricks she has, especially when you look at the rest of the heroes. It seems like everyone else has one kinda meh supertrick, but I think she did well for herself.
And that she has two chances to turn your beast of all beasts into either a goat, or a 1 cost zombie(cuz 2cost was just waaaay too much...) so when is dolphinado getting an upgrade? Why not for that and whirlwind(its plant counterpart) adding "draw a card" to it?

Sorry bout that... lol. I like the campfire zombie...he could have a marshmallow poked onto a finger that is attached to an arm(not his own arm though)
Message 4 of 16 (540 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@BPRDHB wrote:

I can see this being an awesome trait on the zombie side.  Introducing Campfire Zombie!  

Campfire Zombie

2/3 Cost 3

Super Rare

Special ability: Zombies in this lane and on either side can not be frozen!  If currently frozen, thawed out immediately.

"S'brains anyone?  S'mores just aren't satisfying enough."

BPRD

10/10  would definitely include in my decks.

Message 5 of 16 (527 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You are right. It was much popular in season 1 and 2 but I saw not many players used freezing decks nowadays because there are more combos to choose. However, I still saw people used freezing tactics many times and I think if there is this ability, something in games will be changed.

Message 6 of 16 (483 Views)

★★ Guide

whats next? > THREAD: should there be a protection from opponents having a deck? Disappointed

also;

It is very typical for this forum that the first "idear" for a card that utterly counters a mechanic is OBVIOUSLY a zombie card.

just saying.

Message 7 of 16 (478 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@wonoz wrote:

whats next? > THREAD: should there be a protection from opponents having a deck? Disappointed

also;

It is very typical for this forum that the first "idear" for a card that utterly counters a mechanic is OBVIOUSLY a zombie card.

just saying.

I'm just more intrigued playing Zombies.  I feel playing plants I need more luck of the draw.  *shrug*  I can play all Plant Heroes effectively, but I excel on the Zombie side.  Suggest some new cards though @wonoz.  I think on this forum there are an almost equal amount of Plant and Zombie players.  Standard smile

BPRD

Message 8 of 16 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@wonoz wrote:

Well, zombies don't have many mechanics whatsoever to begin with, and there already exist some answers to them.

I mean, what do you want to counter?

Gravestones? There are already 3 cards and 1 more is coming right up.

I guess you can suggest a way to counter Armored zombies, but what else?

Zombies don't really heal that much to try to suggest a healing counter card.

Overshoot...?

Frenzy is even countered by Wing-Nut soo...

Edit: You can suggest the same thing for plants to try to counter the freezing mechanic, even that there very little cards that freeze plants.

Like: Fire Peashooter 2 suns 3/2, plants on this lane and next door cannot be frozen.

BOOM, done. 

Message 9 of 16 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
@Azombioso deadly

Also, only one card really counters gravestones. Of the other two, one locks them, which is only really helpful in strikethrough decks, or after turn six. The other only tells you what you can't kill yet. Not really a counter.
Message 10 of 16 (449 Views)