Re: STOP PLAYING RANKED

by 0IOWEFWEFUIOWEFW

Original Post

★★ Guide

Having just started a second account from the beginning, and not using any money to build it - I think some of those arguing that Ultimate League playing in rank would understand better what a new player has to face. When you don't have tons of cards to choose from, its tough against a higher level opponent, you can't set up the deck at the same level for a start! 

Yes the game is free to play. But there is a definite advantage if you've 1300 cards as I have in my main account. I have a huge choice, as I've been playing a long time. How can I expect to play on equal level as someone who started a couple of months ago? I can't.. and I wouldn't want to, unless they chose to play me knowing I had such an advantage.

Everyone should earn their stars, but on an equal level.. as in, the rank system should work not be broken and match UL against level 20, or level 30 etc.

I notice that at certain times there is a hard core that seem to have every card and at the right time - which maybe they have, or maybe its hacker, who knows? anyway when they play its pretty impossible to beat them. For instance today, it was hard playing, and I think that was due to those wanting the new card on event, or a tournament. If I think it was hard today, goodness knows what a newbie to the game thought.

Message 61 of 85 (660 Views)

★★ Pro
Actually, @Kermo3 random battle is for 10 tickets as are the missions(single player mode) but both casual and league are 15 tickets.
Multiplayer is all 15 tickets, and I know that for sure because I usually do casual for my 10x games, for a couple reasons.
1-not all my heroes have ultimate level decks, at least in my opinion
2-I am almost ashamed to admit this, but I play casual for the 10x games, and I would guess that half the time, or darn close to 50% of players concede before the game even starts. I don't know if it's the UL badge, or maybe a combination of that and the specific hero...but it gets the game done and out of the way, for another four hours
Message 62 of 85 (645 Views)

★ Pro

Ok, you are right, just over checked. I always thought, that only ranked is 15, but casual is only 10 tickets, I was mistaken. Thanks for correcting me.

If players concede before game starts, it's pretty difficult to destroy 30 plants/zombies or make 20 damage to hero.

Sometimes they concede or disconnect even in ranked game, but not so frequently.

Message 63 of 85 (637 Views)

★★ Pro
Yeah I hate that when you have 2 damage left and they quit. I just go to random battle and hit the hero and concede to get my gems. Same with the play 3 peas/beans/barrels/flowers etc.... I do that in random battle for the ease of getting a game and getting it done with
Message 64 of 85 (627 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm conceding as protest in both my new account and old account. I will not play an UL. They can go play each other - they have nothing to lose, and everything to gain in meaningless stars, and massaged EGO's.. but effectively the school bully taking on the smallest kid in the school.. yep real challenge is that, especially when the lower player is trying hard to gain a star to get to next level. As for the challenge and learning aspect, well thanks but I'll watch a video, twitch, or read a website for that..and that is MY CHOICE.. 

Message 65 of 85 (610 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I wish that the climb for zombies and plants was separate. Even if you only got the ranking rewards once. I reached UL with a plant because I focused on a specific team that works well. But I am absolutely NOT UL with zombies. I would be much more inclined to play them (and give more people a chance for better match ups) if I could move up ranks to see how far I could get as a zombie (even without being rewarded with gems.)

Oh and for whatever it’s worth...after reading this initial thread I did try to play casual instead, but ended up either waiting for a match forever or having people quit on me at the beginning, so I went back to ranked to try out new heroes and decks.
Message 66 of 85 (606 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For people who think this game is like Magic they are idiots. In Magic they have made tons of rules such as types of decks people can build. You can't play the Power nine in standard format.

In PVZH you can literally play every god card made and thus people with those cards playing against people just starting is totally *.

If you prefer sports analogies it is like the New England Patriots playing a High School team, where is the challenge and fun.

It is only fun if you are a nazi bully IMO

Message 67 of 85 (596 Views)

★★ Pro
No one is saying that the two are the same, I used magic as an analogy, I guess you could say, and others who have mentioned it said thete were similarities between the two, and that is different than the same thing. Just saying.
Message 68 of 85 (585 Views)

★★ Pro
Another difference between the two since you mentioned "god cards" they cost the same thing for all of them for everyone. Unlike in magic, where some of the cards barely even exist anymore and some worth mad cash...here all legendary are 4000 freaking sparks, which is a shitton, but at least its constant
Message 69 of 85 (581 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The equal cost is definitely a plus and a reason I like this game. If it didn't have the lane functionality it would be even more fun like Magic but I understand the lanes are to let people learn and play very quickly. 

I do agree that all cards are available but my daughter has been playing for awhile now and only has about 20 legendary's playing casually and getting packs when she can. There are lots of players like that. Good but don't have money or time to get all the cards. 

If they fixed Random mode I think it would give them some more reasons to play not ranked matches and not get so discouraged.

Message 70 of 85 (573 Views)