Re: STOP PLAYING RANKED

by 0IOWEFWEFUIOWEFW

Original Post

★★ Pro
And what would work, is if you have reached 50 then the following season all ultimate leaguers are in a separate league that starts every person who made UL back to 30.
We would still have a nice amount of players and it could be an easy way to separate the free to play beginners a little more, which is not a bad thing. The better players that enjoy the game will stick with it and slowly but surely climb up and get a few cards as you continue to add to your collection.
I'm not saying that the free to play should have their own league, more like making ultimate league actually have meaning.
Does any of that make sense to anyone?
Message 31 of 85 (688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Interesting idea, @patdk75 ! While @ makes a good point, though lacks tact, it is important to retain a challenge or others will abuse the system and wait til most Ultimates are moved over into a secondary ranking.

It's still important to consider the frustrations of other players, regardless of skill, and this has been a recurring issue.

I think this issue is probably best solved through a better match-making algorithm (if possible at this point).
I wouldn't mind waiting an extra 20 seconds or w/e to match up against someone as skilled as me, and I'd assume most people would feel the same. It's not just about making it easier for the lesser skilled/those with fewer resources, it's about maintaining a challenge for more skilled players as well.

What do you think?
Message 32 of 85 (670 Views)

★★ Pro
I think that is pretty much what @daalnnii was trying to get across to the OP

No matter how, if there is a way, somebody will try to take advantage of the situation, or get an unfair advantage if possible.
I'm pretty competitive and that probably is from growing up and playing sports on team or pickup, so I definitely like to win, but I don't have to step on the heads of the low levels to get to level 50, so I sure don't want to play them when I get an urge to play.
Message 33 of 85 (655 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yeah. I was writing it better, in a way which supports discussion.

The idea you brought up has really gotten me thinking.
-what other type of competitive game could be added? I really like the puzzle, but can't think of a way to make that competitive
Message 34 of 85 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
nothing I said was rude... If they can't handle the truth that they're looking for easier wins, and it hurts their feelings, I can't help them. Being blunt isn't stopping the conversation at all.

Fact of the matter is, if you're a level 19 trying to get to 20... It only takes there wins in a row. If you can't eventually get that, you're not ready for 20. You can't blame it on ultimate Leaguers because I promise you if they say that's all they face, they're lying. If you're a 39 trying to get to 40 and upset you have to play an ultimate leaguer; well, what do you think we play at 39 when the season starts? Oh yeah, each other!

They keep bringing up that it should be fun for f2p players at the expense of those who are paying. 1. From a business perspective do you think it makes sense to alienate those who have shown they pay over and over again? 2. Why do you feel so damn entitled to get to rank higher than what you are if you can't beat players the same way we had to? Is it so hard for some of you to accept that maybe the rank your are is where you belong?

Let's say we all just do play each other. All the time like your saying. Well, we still made it to ultimate. If you can't and we're all playing the same people, then technically, you're where you belong.

These are truths, they don't take away from discussion. But this mentality is basically asking the Patriots to sit this season out. It's not fair to the other teams to have to face last season champions! Should Alabama have walked of the field on Sunday because they were playing Tennessee? There was no way for Tennessee to win... Are they crying because it's not fair that unseeded teams have to play the number 1 ranked team?
Message 35 of 85 (640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I’ve made ultimate every season and when I’m playing ranked once I reach ultimate, I will usually take them until it’s obvious I’m going to win and then I’ll resign. Stars mean nothing and I’m not trying to keep people from advancing in ranks. That said, if you’re trying to climb, don’t be discouraged when you see a higher ranked player. Most everything I’ve learned in this game was from playing people better than I. Watch what they play and when they play it. Really pay attention to what they’re doing. I gaurantee you it will make you a better player. 

Message 36 of 85 (628 Views)

★★ Pro
I still think that people are putting way too much stock into the league, and if they realized that for all the glory of having the ul badge and dragonfruit icon, all that separates ultimate from gold(level 20) is 3 packs.
Message 37 of 85 (621 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Conceding is the right thing to do if you are ranked 50 and playing below 30 when you have it in the bag. It doesn't hurt you and you got to play a little bit. Kicking little kids doesn't make you a man.

Message 38 of 85 (619 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
@0IOWEFWEFUIOWEFW No, it isn't. You're asking players to fix the game, instead of the devs. Sorry, that's not how it works.
You're asking other, better, paying players, to give up their game, so you can get a win you don't deserve. Sorry, that's entitlement.
You're acting like they chose or enjoy playing you. No, that's wishful thinking so you can justify your entitlement.
Your acting like you deserve the win for free and that we can't be beaten by lower level players. That's just not true. If you can beat me, you can get the win. Many lower levels have. Maybe you're just not as good as you think you are.
You're acting like it's a grown man walking down the street bullying kids. It's not. It's two trained, willing fighters randomly matched, but then they loser is crying about being bullied because they're outclassed.
Have you ever considered, maybe ranked is for men and not little kids who can't take a kick? Why should we leave, you're the ones who aren't ready... And I don't say that because you're losing, I say that because you're not grown enough to accept your losses without changing the game or asking others to change how they play. They've got a playlist for that.... Casual.
Message 39 of 85 (612 Views)

★★ Pro

@0IOWEFWEFUIOWEFW wrote:

Conceding is the right thing to do if you are ranked 50 and playing below 30 when you have it in the bag. It doesn't hurt you and you got to play a little bit. Kicking little kids doesn't make you a man.

You really need some perspective and a dose of reality.

This isn't life or death. And no one is "kicking little kids" either.

Winning and losing are parts of life. It doesn't do anyone any good to be given handouts.

I would never let my own kids win when we play board games. What would that teach them?

I would actually play more casual after getting to ultimate league each season, but ever since the game added rank symbols to the start screen of casual games, it is a huge pain in the *. More than 50% of the time my opponent disconnects when they see the ultimate league rank picture. Sometimes I just don't feel like screwing around looking for games where my opponent will actually stick around.

Message 40 of 85 (583 Views)