Re: STOP PLAYING RANKED

by daalnnii

Original Post

STOP PLAYING RANKED

★★★★ Novice

Once you get to level 50, why are you still playing ranked play!?!?!?

Is there some sort of reward for playing once you’ve reached max level?  If not, then STOP PLAYING RANKED PLAY!  At that point all you’re doing is taking stars away from people who need them! Seriously, stop playing ranked play if you are level 50!

Message 1 of 85 (1,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
If you can't beat an ultimate leaguer, what makes you think you deserve to join their ranks? They had to outplay each other to get there, why should you have it easier?

Besides, you want to make it to higher ranks to show off (since you cant understand that ranks are a matchmaking tool and not a trophy or a right) which is pretty much the same reason they want stars beyond ultimate. Besides, casual has far more quitters which ruins everybody's fun.

Please don't dictate how others are supposed to enjoy their game.
Message 2 of 85 (1,363 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You’re telling me not to dictate how others enjoy the game by telling me that people making me not enjoy the game should be free to make me not enjoy the game? 

Ok...

Message 3 of 85 (1,358 Views)

Champion (Retired)
They're just playing the options they're given. Your enjoyment at that point is moot. They're well within the rules of the game.

You telling others what they can and cannot play isn't a rule.

And again, since you ignored it... They had to beat each other to get there, why should you have to beat them? They should stop playing ranked so you can get to a rank you don't deserve? Why would you deserve it if you can't beat them?
Message 4 of 85 (1,356 Views)

★★ Pro
I have to agree. This is the reason I stop playing league after hitting 50. Not so there's an easier path, but because I don't like playing anything less than diamond. That is where last seasons old ultimate leaguers start up again, so realistically I think that is perfectly fine and fair game
Message 5 of 85 (1,347 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Believe it or not, @bouncingbrick , you're not the first person to make a post like this. As @daalnnii said, it is in place to make the terrible matchmaking this game has ever so slightly less terrible. What do you really have to gain through reaching rank 50? A meaningless badge that lasts only the duration of the next season? A couple of extra packs? There are better ways to get em.

If this is your first time attempting to reach Ultimate, then I understand the eagerness to get there. It's somewhat of a self-achievement. If you are unable to reach it, you shouldn't be aiming for it just yet. If you have reached it in the past, then you will know just how little difference it makes in the grand scheme of things. 

Message 6 of 85 (1,340 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It’s a free to play game? What do you gain by not letting others get the most out it that they can get?

Message 7 of 85 (1,337 Views)

★ Guide

What else would you play? Campai......see I can't even make it through that word. Nobody does anything really other than ranked, there are only 2(technically 4 if you count daily challenge and random battles) game modes, and one of them is a joke. So obviously people play ranked

Message 8 of 85 (1,328 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But if level 50 players played casual then there’d be more players taking it seriously... Confused

Message 9 of 85 (1,325 Views)

★ Guide

What would you define as casual mode? Campaign gives no rewards after level 20 or something, why would people play it? Ranked is more fun at least because you can beat real people and not just CPUs

Message 10 of 85 (1,323 Views)