Reviewing Games

by jj48car

Original Post

Reviewing Games

★★★ Guide

I think there really should be a way to watch previous games, or at the very least let the field stick around after the match so that we can click on plants/zombies and figure out what ability killed us!

Message 1 of 11 (645 Views)

Re: Reviewing Games

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

That would be nice. More information all around would be nice.

There really should be a glossary of terms. There should also be a printed order of operations with explanations. 

Message 2 of 11 (626 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@GrinningRuiner wrote:

There should also be a printed order of operations with explanations. 

I agree with this point in particular, I don't really care too much about replays. 

One time Citron killed a Moonwalker on heights, a Space Cadet and a damaged Trickster with just one card on hand while I was distracted. 

Took me a while to figure out that he got a Cherry Bomb from the Photosynthesizer he played a couple of turns before.

Message 3 of 11 (620 Views)

★★ Guide

@Azombioso - A Cherry Bomb from a Photosynthesizer?  Doesn't Photo just conjure cards from Galactic Gardens and CB isn't one?  So yes, I'd also love a little text thing to review... that we could scroll through and watch the action happen at our leisure!

Message 4 of 11 (600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide
Wait... you are right. .___.

Then how did he killed my board?

I'm pretty sure it came from the photosynthethiser AND it had to be an AoE.
Maybe he got a Dark Matter Dragonfruit...?
I guess that makes more sense.
Message 5 of 11 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

maybe he had a doomshroom and somehow dealt 2 dmg to the cadet....was it buffed? Trickster doesn´t die to CB without manipulated stats as well so I suppose you may haven´t given all intel we might need.

Doomshroom seems legit because he could´ve played that main deck all along.

Message 6 of 11 (584 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

No, my Rustbolt control deck doesn't have any buffs. (Unless I conjure some from the Triplication).

My trickster was with 3 health or 4 health approx. I can't really remember, but it wasn't full health, that's for sure. It made sense for me that a Cherry Bomb got all 3 since they all had 4 or less health and they were toghether. But yeah, as AphidOfDeath said it couldn't have been that. Maybe he played a Shooting Starfruit on heights and buffed it by a Vegetation Mutation that was conjured from the Photosynthesizer...? 

I don't really know, but it left me quite curious about what happened.

That's why I agree with the idea that there should be a list of the operations executed, so we can know exactly what happens during the game while we are not looking.

Message 7 of 11 (572 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Agreed to this idea.  I can get distracted for a few critical seconds and come back to what @Azombioso's situation.  Might be able to change what happens, but to learn from it would be great. And...Ooooo!  Shiny!  *wanders off*

BPRD

Message 8 of 11 (557 Views)

★★★ Guide

I think I'd really like most to review and see where people are getting their cards from.  It at least seems like the opponent is playing at least twice as many cards as I am, and I never see any of them draw or conjure more cards, and yet I inevitably run out of cards while the opponent has close to a full hand!

I don't think they're cheating, but I don't have any idea where the cards are coming from, either!  It'd be really nice to be able to go back and review.  "Oh!  That card draws him an additional card every time he does damage!" or "Ah, I played more cards that turn than I thought!"

Message 9 of 11 (535 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You can do that already, it is just that the game doesn't tell you.

You can select a minion from your opponent board and below their description you can see where that card came from.

Hothead_conjured_by_Starch-Lord.jpg

Message 10 of 11 (522 Views)