Re: PvZ Heroes - Troubleshooting Guide!

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

PvZ Heroes - Troubleshooting Guide!

Champion

Hi PvZ Heroes community,

I am @TheSprinter85 and I have been around the place on these forums, trying to participate in discussions every so often or to try and help players with their issues. Even though this game has not had any major support in a while, I still play the PvZ Heroes game daily (even if it is just for a Daily Challenge), and the game itself is still really fun for me (shame that I only started playing after updates had ceased). One thing I notice is many players report issues on this forum regarding their game, such as never being able to watch ads, challenge friends or with other sorts of issues. If you have one of these issues, I may be covering it here, so you may want to read on.

In this thread, I aim to provide a variety of ideas and strategies that you could employ in order to try and fix these issues that you may be experiencing. However, do keep this in mind: this suggestions may not fix your issue. While the aim is to try and correct your issues you may be experiencing, there is no guarantee that your issues will be dealt with, unfortunately. That said, hopefully this troubleshooting guide will at least help you enjoy your gameplay experience more. I do provide suggestions from other sources, but also provide my own personal suggestions which may help you to rectify these issue/s.

GENERAL TROUBLESHOOTING

Almost regardless of what your issue actually is, even if I do not mention it in this thread, you should be able to get it sorted out. What you can do is follow this link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/, then search for PvZ Heroes, then follow any further instructions as necessary. When recording your issue, make sure to select the appropriate topic and record any necessary information about the issue. You will probably need your PvZ Heroes Player ID when you contact EA Help about your issue, how to find your Player ID is outlined at the following link: https://help.ea.com/help/plants-vs-zombies/plants-vs-zombies-heroes/find-your-plants-vs-zombies-hero....

Unable to Watch Ads

Players have reported that they cannot watch ads at any time while playing the game, because either the ads option never appears, ads never work, or they never get rewards from the ads, which is the main reason that players wish to watch ads. Related issues may also appear. This is what I personally suggest for you to try:

1. Try resetting your advertising identifier! How exactly you do this depends on the device that you play on. If you play on iOS, you need to head to the Privacy section of your Settings, head to the Advertising section and pick the option "Reset Ad Identifier". If you play on Android, you need to go to your Google settings, navigate to the Advertising section and pick the option to reset Advertising ID. More information about this here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-Heroes/Info-request-Ads-not-playing/m-p/6172489/highligh....
  2. Troubleshoot your device! There may be a specific reason why your Ads will not appear on your PvZ Heroes game in the first place. If you try at least some of these steps to troubleshoot your device, you may be able to fix this issue. If you play on iOS, read this article for more information on how to troubleshoot your device: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/. If you play on Android, read this article for more information on how to troubleshoot your device: https://help.ea.com/en/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/. Troubleshooting your device may allow you to watch ads again on your device.
  3. Play the game for a while! I find that playing the game for a while gets my ads to appear on my device. Generally, the ads do not appear straight away and I play the game for a while. After I have played for a decent amount of time, the ads may then appear. Alternatively, quitting and reloading the game may help. You can try doing a few matches and see if they then appear. If you lose a Daily Challenge, you can wait a little while and see if the ads button then appears.
  4. Try changing your network connection! For instance, you may want to try and connect to a different Wi-Fi, turn off your internet (and then turn it back on after a short delay) or use Mobile Data instead of Wi-Fi. If you do this, head back into your game and wait a little while to see if ads come up. If not, try reloading the game after you have made a change to your network connection, and waiting a little moment after the game has actually booted up. If you are willing to wait a while and try hard to fix this issue, try restarting your device after you make a network connection change. Additionally, try and reset your cache.
  5. Check specific settings! This applies both to in game and your device's settings. For example, if you have an adblocker enabled, turn that off while you are playing as it could be the reason that you are unable to watch ads in the first place. In the game, you can go into your settings page and head to the "Help & About" section, and turn off "Player Marketing" (or turn it on if it was off at first), as this could affect the types of ads you can see, and it could possibly allow you to watch ads again. As a note, there is a possibility that ads are simply not supported on your device, so keep that in mind. If you do not ever see ads appear on your other apps, this could be a clear indication of this.

Extra Note: According to the PvZ Wiki, for some players, watching ads for getting gems is never possible, due to a glitch. If you know (or think) this happens for you, you could try and uninstall and reinstall your game, at the cost of progress, if you are willing to. However, if you link your PvZ Heroes account to an EA account (or another account) or record your Player ID, you may be able to get your progress restored. However, there is no guarantee, and you will probably need to contact EA Help for assistance on that.

Unable to Watch Ads Glitch

"For some players, watching ads for gem rewards is impossible, as the button in the shop is always gray and the button in the main menu is missing. Alongside, in some cases, players may be able to watch ads but not get gems from them. Strangely, they may work on Daily Challenge replays. It is unknown what causes this or how it can be resolved." - https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/Plants_vs._Zombies_Heroes/Glitches.  

Friends List is Not Appearing

Players have reported that they cannot see their friends list or battle their friends. This can happen due to setting your age to 13 or under, approximately, when you first start playing the game. You cannot change this age, unless you reinstall the app and restart, but your account will automatically age up by 1 each year. This is what I personally suggest for you to try:

1. Sign in to your EA account on the game! If you have not signed in to your account through the game or linked your account, you may not be able to add friends, so if you have not already, try to link your account. Use the Settings section of the game to link your account. Also, to play in Multiplayer with other players, you need to set a username before you begin doing that. If you have not done that, try doing so.
  2. Make sure you are properly connected to a network! If you are not properly connected to the internet, you may not see your friends list or be able to battle friends, so be sure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi or Mobile Data network so that you can see your friends list. If you do not currently have a valid connection to the internet, you will only be able to play offline and will not be able to play with others at all, so make sure you check that. Check your network in your device's settings.
  3. Restart your game or device! If your friends list normally appears, but it will not appear, try restarting your game to see if it will then appear. Sometimes, it may not appear due to a bug or other issue. So, try restarting the game or device, maybe a couple of times, and see if that makes any difference to you at all. As well as restarting the game or device, you could do a hard reset of the device through your device settings.
  4. Check up specific settings! You do want to check settings in your game and on your device, as there may be a specific reason why your Friends List does not appear, or it simply will not allow you to challenge your friends. Check to make sure that you are signed in to your Google Play or Apple ID account when you go to challenge friends in the game, depending on the type of device you have and the type of account you have. Also, just make sure your device and game is up to date as well.
  5. Reinstall the game and set your age to a minimum of 13! If your age is under this, you are unable to battle with friends. Your age, unfortunately, cannot be changed once you have started the game and put in your age (for some reason). If you are happy to do this and restart your game entirely, then go for it! If not, try to download the app on a different device (it is free, of course) and set an age where you can play with friends on that device (at least 13). It may not be the best idea, but this idea is almost guaranteed to work. Alternatively, the account will age up a year each year, so if you are patient and can wait until the age on the game becomes 13, that should work fine as well.

No "My Account" Button

Players have reported not being able to find their "My Account" button in the Settings tab of their game, if they wish to link or backup their account. This can be a problem as if something happens to your progress and it gets lost as a result, you will probably not be able to recover it. This is what I personally suggest for you to try:

1. Search up how you can save your progress! If you do not have the My Account button, it may be because of an age restriction. If this is the case, you want to have a way of being able to backup your game progress so you do not lose it if something happens. You can record your Player ID on your PvZ Heroes game to reduce your chance of being unable to restore your progress if you were to lose it, see how to find your Player ID here: https://help.ea.com/help/plants-vs-zombies/plants-vs-zombies-heroes/find-your-plants-vs-zombies-hero.... If you end up doing this, you will probably need to contact EA Help about this issue. If you cannot link your account, I highly recommend recording your Player ID. Do also note that restoring your progress this way is not guaranteed if you were to lose it. Check out this article for more information: https://help.ea.com/help/mobile/can-my-lost-progress-be-restored-for-a-mobile-app-if-i-play-anonymou....
  2. Back up your game anyway! While you may not be able to link your accounts in the first place, you should still be able to backup your game from your device. How you do this can vary based on the device you play on. Check this link: https://help.ea.com/help/mobile/can-my-lost-progress-be-restored-for-a-mobile-app-if-i-play-anonymou..., to find out exactly how you may be able to do it, or you should be able to do it through the settings section on your device as well. Either way, make sure to record your Player ID in game, as you can use this in order to try and get your account back if it was to get deleted.
  3. Do check your network connection first! You may not be able to link your account if your game is not considered to be connected to the internet, so do make sure that you are connected first when you try to link your account. You can check to see if you are connected in your device's settings. If you are connected and it does not seem to be working still, try using Mobile Data, or if you were using Mobile Data, try using Wi-Fi. Alternatively, turn your Wi-Fi and Mobile Data off for a little while, then turn them back on and try again after a while.
  4. Check to see if your Friends List is there! If you do not have a Friends List, it may have something to do with why you cannot link your accounts with the "My Account" button in the first place. Make sure you check this out, as the "My Account" button requires your age in the game to be set to 18 or more. The Friends List has a similar restriction, and this could be a likely reason why the button is not even there in the first place. Also, do check that your device and game is up to date, and is updated to the latest version.
  5. Reinstall your game and set your age to at least 18! To be able to link your accounts, and furthermore, to see the "My Account" button at all, you need to set your age to a minimum of 18. Otherwise, the "My Account" button will not appear for you and you will be unable to link your accounts at all. If you are willing to reinstall your game, you will very likely lose your progress, but set your age to 18 or over when prompted and you should be able to see the "My Account" button again, in which case you can then link or backup your game from then on through! Alternatively, as the account will age up by a year each year, you can wait for the age on your game to become 18.

Other Issues

Regardless of the issues, there are some general reasons why you might be having them, but here is some common ways you may be able to fix some other issues. Some issues may be caused by age restrictions, so for more information on that, check this link: https://help.ea.com/help/mobile/ea-and-age-restrictions-for-mobile-games/

You can perform general troubleshooting on your device if you experience a different issue, check the following link, based on your device to do so: 

You can also contact EA Help through the game. Go to Settings and head to "Help & About" in order to do so, and the option to do it should be there. Just make sure to explain what the issue is and describe it (also add necessary details)!

Well, I really hope this guide was of use to you! See you next time!

Message 1 of 19 (29,527 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@TheSprinter85 I just wish there was a huge bugfix update that would at least attempt to fix all this stuff. Won't happen, but eh.
Message 2 of 19 (29,486 Views)

Champion

A note about this thread, I will be updating it on a semi regular basis if I can come up with some more significant issues or can think of more strategies to solve them.

Message 3 of 19 (29,479 Views)

Champion

@papyrus1910 I agree that having bug fixes to sort out these issues would have made everything much easier, but alas that is not the case.

Message 4 of 19 (29,476 Views)

★ Novice
@TheSprinter85 IS here a way to "repair" a bug which mains at downloading additional Content every time i join the Game? Every time i try to join it it just says to download like 300mb of data which is not even an update.
Message 5 of 19 (27,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@rudasektvInteresting question actually. I have seen players report this sort of issue but I do not have any fixed solution to give. I mean I could suggest uninstalling and reinstalling but you might lose progress so I would not recommend it. I would suggest contacting EA Help, however, you could first perhaps try following the suggestions in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-Heroes/Downloads-files-EVERY-time-i-open-app/m-p/6905403....

Message 6 of 19 (27,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have it reinstalled multiple times, and EA just doesn't care about PvZ Heroes. Only thing they say is "reboot device" or "reinstall" which i did multiple times but thanks for helping me

Message 7 of 19 (27,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Actually if u try to reinstall the game u just can’t download the data files the game just tell you to check ur internet but I’m pretty sure it’s the servers of pvz heroes 

(Im French but if u delete and download the game again u may have this error but in english)

Message 8 of 19 (26,933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My problem is diferent, and hasn't mentionated here. I can't earn tickets, the tickets buttom dosen't appear. Just have reinstalled game, and dosen't work

Message 9 of 19 (25,332 Views)

Champion
@lefotsi The Event Cards have been discontinued and you cannot obtain them anymore through these events. Although, I believe Event Cards can still be crafted with those shards.
Message 10 of 19 (25,251 Views)