Re: PvZ Heroes: Game coming to an end?

by patdk75

Original Post

PvZ Heroes: Game coming to an end?

★★★★★ Apprentice

PvZ Heroes coming to an end? The reason I believe the game is coming to and end is that no new event cards have been added into both plants and zombies collections as they have been previously, not to mention the fact that old event cards are being rotated back through.

Message 1 of 16 (10,421 Views)

★★ Guide

If new event cards continually came out, it would be very hard for any new players as they could never catch up. They are already fairly generous to new players, by ensuring they get enough cards to compete against others. New cards were always going to slow down. I've been playing since Oct 2016, so I have all the event cards, except a couple. Not having new event cards means I will get up to 2000 sparks for free, which means I can use this to get legendaries, or super rares. Personally, I wish they would spend time fixing the stuff that bugs the game, like match making. Or the game crashing, or not awarding stars in rank matches, etc. 

Message 2 of 16 (10,383 Views)

★★ Pro
You only get 250 sparks for recycling event cards, but I have been wondering what is up also. Holiday season lots of times things slow down, but aside from that bug fix after colossal, we haven't had an update since the expansion. Hopefully next week which is approximately the same amount of time between galactic and colossal. And I don't know what they are doing, but if they are trying to ensure that triassic is as smooth transition as possible that is okay
Message 3 of 16 (10,377 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You hardly ever see new players for this game, and if you do it's probably a bot...

Message 4 of 16 (10,356 Views)

★★ Pro

@markall42 wrote:

You hardly ever see new players for this game, and if you do it's probably a bot...

Hahahaha. You make a statement that you couldn't actually know is true, and then you back it up with a guess.

You'd make a great analyst.

Message 5 of 16 (10,345 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@markall42 wrote:

PvZ Heroes coming to an end? The reason I believe the game is coming to and end is that no new event cards have been added into both plants and zombies collections as they have been previously, not to mention the fact that old event cards are being rotated back through.

I don't mind that they are rotating prior Event cards through as I still have a few to get to have sets of 4 when they were experimenting with how many tickets you needed to gain an Event card.  However...I feel the game is getting stale.  Even with a new Set 4 being released soon (?), I fear they need to invigorate the game a little.  I've stopped playing ranked this season, though maybe I'll make a last ditch effort to get to 40.  I don't do the daily quests anymore unless it's by accident.  Sitting on around 11K of gems which is decent, but not a lot.  Just don't feel the desire to grind to UL again.  

BPRD

Message 6 of 16 (10,327 Views)

★★ Pro
It is not so much "the grind" for me as it is the "well now what?"
I honestly don't know how people can climb to UL and then just be content to post on Facebook or wherever their 1500 stars! Actually I have to admit that impressed me. That's a lot of dedication, no matter how much you hate players that chase stars.... But really, there's the problem...why's it that the players get the bad rap? They are playing the game and the game hasn't done anything so the ULers have options once reaching 50.
Message 7 of 16 (10,308 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I don't think that the game is going to end anytime soon. There are still many plants and zombies from the PvZ 2 game that they can still implement. I think is like @saintlydevilis said, the devs are holding up new event cards so that new players can (sort of) catch up with the rest of the players. The more often they release new cards, the sooner they are going to run out of ideas.

I think it is wise to freeze everything for some time, and then release new content with the most recent set.

Message 8 of 16 (10,283 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Azombioso wrote:

I don't think that the game is going to end anytime soon. There are still many plants and zombies from the PvZ 2 game that they can still implement. I think is like @saintlydevilis said, the devs are holding up new event cards so that new players can (sort of) catch up with the rest of the players. The more often they release new cards, the sooner they are going to run out of ideas.

I think it is wise to freeze everything for some time, and then release new content with the most recent set.

Could make it interesting and have two Event cards each week and when you reach 1200 tickets, let the player choose....old event card or the new event card.  Standard smile  New players decide and likely old players can get the new event card, so both types of players are equally engaged.  

BPRD

Message 9 of 16 (10,251 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro
Even if they bring in a new event card every month, or whwn there's an event so to speak. Like hot date and stupid cupid for valentines( and most the holiday events) and maybe create a new one for the holiday event(s), seeing as the older ones are craftable....
I would like to see a couple of event environment cards, but one for each side, and I don't mean environments that already come from event plants or zombies(sap fling and trapper)
Also, I really think that for all the cards that have been created by players, there's no reason why we can't see a couple of fan created cards, and I think that it would also pump some positive vibes back into the air surrounding pvzh
Message 10 of 16 (10,238 Views)