Re: PvZ Heroes Feedback: Pros and *

by Damond5

Original Post

Re: PvZ Heroes Feedback: Pros and Cons

★★★ Guide

Pros:

-The game has a lot of variety, with plenty strategies to choose from.

-Daily challenges allow players to try different, rare cards.

-Good balance is struck between keeping the game playable for FTP and providing incentives to make purchases.

Cons:

-Card draw.  Some heroes don't seem to have many card draw options, leading to long, slow games that come down to pure luck-of-the-draw rather than skill in playing.

-Environments, especially on the Plant side.  Some of the Plant environments are, quite frankly, ludicrous on their own (e.g. "Plants here can't be hurt", "Plants here get +5/+5", "Before combat do 2 damage to zombies here"), while others get ridiculous combos (e.g. Mushroom Grotto + Pineclone, Venus Flytraplanet + Heartichoke).  The main thing that makes environments so much worse than powerful plants/zombies, I think, is that there's really no way to stop them short of playing your own environment.  Don't have an environment in your hand (or possibly even in your deck, if you haven't had much luck in the packs)?  You've pretty much lost the game already, in many cases.

Message 21 of 39 (3,001 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Theirs one more missing

Pros:

You can add money to buy things to start good

*:

F2W's going to cry because of P2W

EA. STOP MILKING MORE MONEY. IT'S TO MUCH.

Message 22 of 39 (2,986 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

"Haha, yep.

If I get Super Brainz as an opponent, I rest my finger on my device's home button. If a Ninja is the first thing that is played, I force-quit immediately. They can sit there for the next minute twiddling their thumbs while I play against someone else.

I'm not interested in playing a match where my opponent spends all of their cards in the first 3 turns jumping all over the place.

The first few thousand times playing that deck was enough for me."

1) people like the one quoted above should punished by losing stars or gems or tickets if thy are consistently leaving a game like that instead of conceding. And for sure the people they are playing against should get extra stars (in a rated game) or gems or tickets when they do that (obviously not if they are playing against friends in their lists,but any other time.) It's extremely rude to be in the middle of a game, and be winning and some sore loser decides to cop-out instead of conceding.

2) I just saved 1500 gems and bought the beta-carrotina 1,500 gem, 11-pack deal, and still don't have her! That's ridiculous and extremely frustrating!

3) since the new cards came out, there are a TON of glitches and bugs in the game (frozen zombies still attacking, pine clones turning plants that appear AFTER the pone clones are played into pine clones, etc...) super annoying.

Message 23 of 39 (2,932 Views)

★★ Pro

Haha, yeah that guy was a real moron.

In ranked games people do lose stars for leaving early. And is waiting an extra 15 seconds really that big of a deal?

I wholeheartedly agree with your other points. They really need to try harder to make the game bug-free.

Message 24 of 39 (2,928 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also saved up 1500 gems for the Beta-Carrotina multi-pack, but didn't get her. Obviously, the drops are random, and I understand that, but it is so frustrating. I wish it was clearer whether she would continue to be available after this week.

EA: The game is fun! I particularly enjoy the daily challenges. Please be more transparent about your countdowns, such as whether Beta-Carrotina will be available in the future. Thank you for clarifying that the new season will begin next week. That was very confusing when the Announcements said it had ended!

Message 25 of 39 (2,919 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There are way too many hackers giving themselves free Heroes. Popcap/EA needs to do a better job locating and banning people who alter game data to give themselves content.

Message 26 of 39 (2,905 Views)

★ Guide

@nangulo wrote:

"Haha, yep.

If I get Super Brainz as an opponent, I rest my finger on my device's home button. If a Ninja is the first thing that is played, I force-quit immediately. They can sit there for the next minute twiddling their thumbs while I play against someone else.

I'm not interested in playing a match where my opponent spends all of their cards in the first 3 turns jumping all over the place.

The first few thousand times playing that deck was enough for me."

1) people like the one quoted above should punished by losing stars or gems or tickets if thy are consistently leaving a game like that instead of conceding. And for sure the people they are playing against should get extra stars (in a rated game) or gems or tickets when they do that (obviously not if they are playing against friends in their lists,but any other time.) It's extremely rude to be in the middle of a game, and be winning and some sore loser decides to cop-out instead of conceding.

2) I just saved 1500 gems and bought the beta-carrotina 1,500 gem, 11-pack deal, and still don't have her! That's ridiculous and extremely frustrating!

3) since the new cards came out, there are a TON of glitches and bugs in the game (frozen zombies still attacking, pine clones turning plants that appear AFTER the pone clones are played into pine clones, etc...) super annoying.

Point 2: Drops are random.  Even if you open 11 packs, it's still more than likely not to get the hero.  I feel bad for you though, I opened one of the same pack and got her on my first try.

Point 3: The pineclone part is NOT a glitch.  It's how the game works: Everything is done in the order from left to right.  Let me explain this through an example.

Lane 1 has any plant, Lane 2 has the Mushroom Grotto environment and any plant, Lane 4 has any plant, and the remaining lanes are empty.  You play Pineclone on Lane 3.  It transforms all plants into Pineclones at once, of course.  Whenever a plant is transformed, the game counts that as playing another plant, so the game checks for all of their "When played" abilities in order from left to right.  Transforming that plant on Lane 2 counts as playing a plant there, which activates Mushroom Grotto's ability, and a Puff Shroom is created in Lane 1.  Going from left to right still, the Pineclone on Lane 4 is technically "played", so the game activates its "When Played" ability, which is to transform all plants into Pineclones.  So, it transforms that Puff-Shroom on Lane 1 into a Pineclone.  Not a glitch,

Message 27 of 39 (2,896 Views)

★★ Pro
I am liking this new update very much for the sharper graphics and faster animations and especially for giving back the random background. I know that isn't even something affecting the actual gameplay, but it is nice to have a change in the sceneries rather than just the same one every vs game. A couple little things in the collection at the top of our decks page where it shows you the 10x and 5x and then are highlighted when the bottle is full.

All in all my hat is off to you(the dev team) for definitely a nice update at least from my iPod touch and hopefully things continue to run smoothly like it's been since the bug fixes. Cheers! 👍
Message 28 of 39 (2,633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am always a big fan of Plants Vs Zombies. I bought the first Plants VS Zombies game for $2.99 back in 2009 and have been playing PvZ since then. Recently I started playing PvZ Heroes and fell in love with the game. I want to share my thought about the game.

Pros:

1. Daily Challenge: there are always some really good challenges that I have to think a long time to find a solution. Love it!

2. Variety of different heroes and abilities: There's always something new to try

3. Different quest and hero quests: Very nice way to do single player missions while completing quests and earn gems

Con:

1. Slow matchmaking: It may take up to 1+ minutes to find a match. Suggestion: 1. Let player to have the option to choose both a zombie deck and a plant deck, for quicker match. 2. Have a desktop version. 3. expand search after certain amount of time.

2. Slow gameplay: Sometimes, there's a long wait even when the opponent can't play any card. Suggestion: skip play's phase when the player has 0 brain/sun or no card. Skip trick phase when zombie hero has no trick. 

3. Too much randomness when it comes to the block meter: it seems more of a luck when the block meter can go between 1 - 3 when hit. Suggestion: Increase block meter to 12 from 8. Each time when a hero is hit, block meter goes up by two or three.

Message 29 of 39 (2,625 Views)

★★ Pro
I know I just wrote a "love letter" to the devs😘 so I have to add my thoughts instead of editing my previous post.

Daily missions are a mixed bag for sure, some of the missions are great(especially the puzzles) and some are too random and usually luck wins the day, but after completion is there any way that we could still play with the mission even if it is for nothing...some of the mission days highlight cards that many players haven't even seen before and it would be nice to have even still the hour wait but to play again if you want to.

Also the plant/zombie missions AND the animations it would be great if we could have the option to replay missions...maybe after you have completely finished then you could have the option to go back and play a couple and also have a vault where you can watch the mini movie for each character...just a thought

Also with the new random battle mode maybe an option where people can try out the premade strategy decks...like if you have the deck unlocked then in the 1player mode battle only players can try out the full deck and hey... it might even mean more money coming in to you guys cuz playing with cards people will be more likely to pay for cards they KNOW they like.

Now for myself... I would like the option to buy single cards with gems. I have in the past because I was about complete with a deck and the two legendary cards were all that was left so that's what I'm talking about. There already is a monetary value for each card...rare is 80 gems and super is 250 I think and legend are around 1100-1250 range. You are still getting money and we are not going to be chapped about buying a 11pk and getting 2 super rare and a bunch of recycles. Just a thought for some that would like to spend some money but I can't spend for sparks that's just ridiculous and robbery more or less forcing us to pay 4x what we get for doubles gets frustrating. So thats my rant lol

I still love the game and the new update it deserves 🏆
Keep up the great work and I hope you take some of my thoughts into consideration for the future
Message 30 of 39 (2,618 Views)