Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

PvZ Heroes Feedback: Pros and Cons

by daalnnii
Reply

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

PvZ Heroes Feedback: Pros and Cons

[ Edited ]
Champion

So when i was in the military, after we finished training or a nonroutine mission (even some routine ones) we generally got together for an after action review. That is, what was going right? What could be done better? I think starting a running list like this in here is a good thing. It's a chance to not only criticize (which many of us are fluent at), but also let them know what we feel they are doing well. Basically, what's working, what isn't. Lets help @EA_Andy give the team good feedback.

Give a maximum of three ups and three downs per. It's okay to repeat previous mentions, this will also help then to discern what the community consensus is.

Let's help them make this great game even better!

Pros:

1. Hero selection. The amount of available heroes is amazing. If love to see more, but even if we never do, is an amazing stable of heroes once you collect them all.

2. Assymetrical gameplay. Having the two factions play so differently and keeping the level of balance they have is a pretty incredible task.

3. F2P model/events. I know some may put this in their cons... but i think they've done an amazing job keeping all players having cards coming in at a rather good clip. Very few games are this fair about the model, and genrewise, it's about as fair as it gets.


Cons:

Replayable missions. sometimes you are moving in and out of service areas and having the ability to repay single player missions would be fantastic.

Messaging friends. I'd love to be able to fit chat without is both being on. Right now it can be a tedious process.

Matchmaking. It's gotten better as the community has filled out, but i still see newer players more often than i should in ranked. It makes the game feel pay 2 win instead of putting us in fair brackets based off of cards and skill level. I'd gladly wait a while longer for the game to put me against a more evenly matched competitor.

Message 1 of 39 (11,888 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Play Action Review

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @daalnnii

 

Thanks for posting this - it's an idea I really like and I can send over the results to the PvZ team.

 

I'll go ahead and sticky this so we can get a wide set of views. I've also edited the title a bit so it's really obvious what we're looking for Standard smile

 

Just make sure whether it's a pro or a con to keep things constructive.

 

- Andy -

View in thread

Message 2 of 39 (17,013 Views)

All Replies

Re: Play Action Review

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @daalnnii

 

Thanks for posting this - it's an idea I really like and I can send over the results to the PvZ team.

 

I'll go ahead and sticky this so we can get a wide set of views. I've also edited the title a bit so it's really obvious what we're looking for Standard smile

 

Just make sure whether it's a pro or a con to keep things constructive.

 

- Andy -

Message 2 of 39 (17,014 Views)

Re: PvZ Heroes Feedback: Pros and Cons

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I agree with daalnnii on all of his pro's, especially point #2.

 

As far as con's go, there's not a lot.

 

I again agree with daalnnii that there should be more options for communication.

I can understand why they don't want to add in-match messaging to a 'family' game. But maybe they could add some basic emoticons we could send to any opponent during a match.

 

I also have two suggestions I've been meaning to make for a long time.

 

One; In a match it would be great if we could tap the turn indicator circle on the bottom right, and have it light up on the opponents screen and a make a honking noise to remind them to hurry the hell up.

 

Two; It would be convenient and very helpful to newer players to be able to tap each hero during a match and have it show their four super-powers (the way it does on the collection screen).

Message 3 of 39 (11,780 Views)

Re: PvZ Heroes Feedback: Pros and Cons

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@daalnnii Thanks for initiating the discussion.  I'm sure the devs will love feedback in all forms.

 

@GrinningRuiner Agree to both your points.  In Kung Fu Panda, Battle For Destiny (now deceased) allowed for "trash talk" to make the other player aware it was their turn by emoting little dialogue snipets.  Downside is some players use this to distract.  KFP did allow you to mute the players to avoid that.  It was entertaining.

 

I'd love to be able to buy individual cards with gems.  Right now it appears I can only buy a "set" when filling in a strategy deck.  Correct me if I am wrong.

 

BPRD

Message 4 of 39 (11,753 Views)

Re: PvZ Heroes Feedback: Pros and Cons

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm going to try to be as fair as possible.

 

Pros:

 

1. Addictive game play.  With hundreds of unique cards to toy around with, you can never get bored of this game.  I can only play this game 2 days a week.  On those 2 days, 90% of my time is spent playing this game.  No matter how frustrating it can be sometimes (I'll talk about that in cons), it still manages to keep me addicted.

 

2. Packs & Gems.  With the ads giving you gems and how cheap packs can be, it's a really rewarding system that makes the game feel f2p.  I've noticed that the luck of packs has increased recently, with 80% of premium packs I open containing at least 1 super-rare or better.  This, plus the powerful event cards everyone can get, makes the game enjoyable for everyone.

 

3. Balance.  This was already mentioned by @daalnnii but I want to mention it again because the balance in this game truly is great.  There is an exception, however...(will talk about in cons)

 

Cons:

 

1. Deck limit.  The deck limit recently has decreased form 100 to 90.  Yes, strategy decks were added, but I would just consider them options/recommendations and not actual decks.  I usually make 5-6 decks per hero: Control, Aggro, Major tribe #1 (Ex: Pea deck), Major tribe #2, Something unique to the hero, and maybe something else focusing on a specific ability (Self-Hurt, Anti-Hero, Armor, ect.).  Now, the limit is 4 per hero, with 5 extra per side.  It feels so limiting, at least IMO.

 

2. Sneaky.  Every class is so balanced, but this one...no matter what deck, play style, hero, or class I use, Sneaky wins against me roughly 75% of the time.  Why?  Well, it has no definitive weakness.  Tell me what play style, hero, or class counters Sneaky.  That's right, virtually nothing.  Anti-Hero + Smoke Bomb is such a cheap combo, and due to Stealthy Imp only being an Uncommon and Smoke Bomb only being a Common, EVERY Sneaky player has access to it.  Oh yeah, and Surprise Gargantuar.  Smoosh-Shroom is a 5/4 5-cost Common.  Surprise Gargnatuar is a 5/6 5-cost Common with "Gravestone.  When revealed: Move this zombie.", plus it's a gargantuar.  WHAT?!  Also, Imp decks.  No card disadvantage because of Commander, and no minion disadvantage because of Toxic Waste Imp.  Very balanced.  Also, Deadly in general.  A re-usable free Locust Swarm whenever a zombie with this trait hits a plant.  Perfectly balanced.  And now that Fire Rooster is out, not even mushrooms can defeat it.  Please, EA...if there were a Weed Spray for plants, that would make Sneaky balanced, because so many of its zombies have 2 strength or less.

Phew...long rant.  Anyway, that's all.

Message 5 of 39 (11,745 Views)

Re: PvZ Heroes Feedback: Pros and Cons

★★★★ Novice

I totally agree with replayable mission (I am crazy for this)

single player is best way to practice different deck and heroes or amazing card

also some mission have a amazing grimick like more or less healing heroes that make even fun as well as practice 

 

casual match I lose for sure I defeated within 3 turn 

20+mission is too hard

 

pvz2 and pVz gw2 is 100% replayablilty

Message 6 of 39 (11,731 Views)

Re: PvZ Heroes Feedback: Pros and Cons

★★★★ Guide

@Guacodile42 wrote:

 

2. Sneaky.  Every class is so balanced, but this one...no matter what deck, play style, hero, or class I use, Sneaky wins against me roughly 75% of the time.  Why?  Well, it has no definitive weakness.  Tell me what play style, hero, or class counters Sneaky.  That's right, virtually nothing.  Anti-Hero + Smoke Bomb is such a cheap combo, and due to Stealthy Imp only being an Uncommon and Smoke Bomb only being a Common, EVERY Sneaky player has access to it.  Oh yeah, and Surprise Gargantuar.  Smoosh-Shroom is a 5/4 5-cost Common.  Surprise Gargnatuar is a 5/6 5-cost Common with "Gravestone.  When revealed: Move this zombie.", plus it's a gargantuar.  WHAT?!  Also, Imp decks.  No card disadvantage because of Commander, and no minion disadvantage because of Toxic Waste Imp.  Very balanced.  Also, Deadly in general.  A re-usable free Locust Swarm whenever a zombie with this trait hits a plant.  Perfectly balanced.  And now that Fire Rooster is out, not even mushrooms can defeat it.  Please, EA...if there were a Weed Spray for plants, that would make Sneaky balanced, because so many of its zombies have 2 strength or less.

Phew...long rant.  Anyway, that's all.


Haha, yep.

If I get Super Brainz as an opponent, I rest my finger on my device's home button. If a Ninja is the first thing that is played, I force-quit immediately. They can sit there for the next minute twiddling their thumbs while I play against someone else.

I'm not interested in playing a match where my opponent spends all of their cards in the first 3 turns jumping all over the place.

The first few thousand times playing that deck was enough for me.

Message 7 of 39 (11,717 Views)

Re: PvZ Heroes Feedback: Pros and Cons

★★★★ Apprentice

@GrinningRuiner wrote:

@Guacodile42 wrote:

 

2. Sneaky.  Every class is so balanced, but this one...no matter what deck, play style, hero, or class I use, Sneaky wins against me roughly 75% of the time.  Why?  Well, it has no definitive weakness.  Tell me what play style, hero, or class counters Sneaky.  That's right, virtually nothing.  Anti-Hero + Smoke Bomb is such a cheap combo, and due to Stealthy Imp only being an Uncommon and Smoke Bomb only being a Common, EVERY Sneaky player has access to it.  Oh yeah, and Surprise Gargantuar.  Smoosh-Shroom is a 5/4 5-cost Common.  Surprise Gargnatuar is a 5/6 5-cost Common with "Gravestone.  When revealed: Move this zombie.", plus it's a gargantuar.  WHAT?!  Also, Imp decks.  No card disadvantage because of Commander, and no minion disadvantage because of Toxic Waste Imp.  Very balanced.  Also, Deadly in general.  A re-usable free Locust Swarm whenever a zombie with this trait hits a plant.  Perfectly balanced.  And now that Fire Rooster is out, not even mushrooms can defeat it.  Please, EA...if there were a Weed Spray for plants, that would make Sneaky balanced, because so many of its zombies have 2 strength or less.

Phew...long rant.  Anyway, that's all.


Haha, yep.

If I get Super Brainz as an opponent, I rest my finger on my device's home button. If a Ninja is the first thing that is played, I force-quit immediately. They can sit there for the next minute twiddling their thumbs while I play against someone else.

I'm not interested in playing a match where my opponent spends all of their cards in the first 3 turns jumping all over the place.

The first few thousand times playing that deck was enough for me.


@GrinningRuiner Brainy, Hearty, and Sneaky are the meta.  Two of these things are tolerable.  One of these is absolute feces.  If your deck doesn't prioritize in early game control with 4x Grave Buster, you may as well concede.

Message 8 of 39 (11,710 Views)

Re: PvZ Heroes Feedback: Pros and Cons

★★★★ Novice

The sneaky class being strong must be a thing on lower levels only. Gravestones are good, but because of mixed up+pogo, not because of surprise gargantuar lol. you can beat them by playing cheap minions to clog your lanes. shroom for 2 counters ninja on turn 1. i dont think i lost to stealthy imp during the last month either. most high end gravestone decks play line dancer instead anyway.

 

on topic: pro: the game seems balanced. there are really strong decks (and cards) but since plants and zombies have their fair share of strong cards, its all cool. tricksters for example seem op, but on the other hand, so is GoW/Dandy or Pineclone. every card has good counters. or they are so expensive that you can beat them with quick decks.

 

con: its really boring once you hit ultimate league. there just is nothing to do. you can play around with decks, thats fun, but tbh i dont care if i have 700 or 800 stars or 900. so i just play to get the event cards, but it starts feeling like a chore. give us some goals.

Message 9 of 39 (11,656 Views)

Re: PvZ Heroes Feedback: Pros and Cons

★★★★★ Apprentice

@GrinningRuiner wrote:

It would be convenient and very helpful to newer players to be able to tap each hero during a match and have it show their four super-powers (the way it does on the collection screen).


It seems strange to me that this functionality does not exist yet. When I started playing PvZH, and every time I downloaded a new update, I tap the heroes to see if I can have a reference of their superpowers, but unfortunately this is not yet available Frown

 

Believe me that I still do not know them all by heart.

Message 10 of 39 (11,646 Views)

pvz-heroes-promo

Get support as you play

Find and tap Contact Support in-game under Settings, or contact us on EA Help.

View more on EA Help

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help