Re: PvZ: Heroes - Developer Q&A

by EA_Andy

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

1. (Obvious question). Do we have an estimation to when the space expansion will be released?

2. Are there plans to make periodic balance passes to older cards, to buff weak underused ones (such as Chomper, Abracadaver, Twin Sunflower) and nerf strong always-auto-include-playset ones (such as Teleport) ? Many CCG end up after several expansions with TONS of cards being completely useless and some that are played everywhere, which I consider being quite unhealthy.

3. Are you going to rework some Hero Superpowers? For example, Chompzilla's Devour pales in comparison to Rose's Goatify, Whirlwind/Dolphinado/Dance Off are terrible, and Missile Madness is completely unreliable. These are part of the reason why heroes like are Z-Mech are underplayed in higher leagues.

4. Will you introduce draft games and mini-tournaments, sooner or later? Because that would be amazing!

5. Are there plans to add cosmetic rewards such as Hero reskins, new animations, arena customization, and so on?

Message 31 of 38 (1,100 Views)

★ Guide

1. Are plants ever going to get the ability to shut down entire deck types like zombies do (Bonus Track, Defensive End)?  I mean, there's BEP/Sportacus, but only Professor Brainstorm really uses trick decks.  I'm thinking about a plant that removes Deadly/Bullseye/Some other trait from all zombies, a plant that reveals gravestones as soon as they are played, ect.

2. Is Sneaky ever going to get nerfed?  Every class in this game is so balanced, and I appreciate that.  But Sneaky is so OP.  Wanna know why?  No class beats it.

Mega-Grow buffs up a plant just for it to be bounced or one-shotted by Deadly.

Solar heroes are killed before they reach late game due to the heavy amounts of Aggro form Sneaky (Anti-Hero, Fishy Imp, Fire Rooster, ect.), and the heavy amounts of gravestone (which ignores removal like Chomper and Squash).

Guardian is one-shotted by Deadly and is weak to Strikethrough.

Smarty can't freeze, bounce, or transform most Sneaky zombies due to gravesotne spam.  Amphibious things are one-shotted by Toxic Waste Imp.

And lastly, Kabloom actually stood a pretty good chance against Sneaky for a while, until Fire Rooster came along.

TL:DR: I'm tired of 70% of heroes I go up against being Sneaky.  Please do the following:

-Nerf or remove deadly in general, or nerf Super Stench, Toxic Waste Imp, and Smelly Zombie.

-Make more gravestone removal plants/plant tricks like Grave Buster

That's all.  Oh, and give plants a Weed Spray-like trick,  then Imp decks would actually be somewhat tolerable.

3. Is the deck limit ever going to be removed or increased?  Someone in this thread already went into VERY high detail on this, check it out.  It's on page 2, you won't miss it.

4. Are you focusing on making more powerful cards in the following classes?:

Crazy

Beastly

Mega-Grow

Guardian

These classes are currently the opposite of the meta, if that makes any sense.  it would be cool to see more decks focused around these classes, other than Captain Re-Peat Moss and The Smash Garg.

Message 32 of 38 (1,078 Views)

★★ Guide
1. Currently there are really only two modes people play: PvE and ranked. Once a player reaches ultimate league there really isn't much incentive to continue playing the game until the next season. Will there be new, fun modes added in the future? I would like to see a randomized mode where, as a test of skill, each player gets a completely random hero and completely random cards.

2. Any chance of future heros? I would like to see a copy cat hero where a large percent of what the zombie or plant does is copy the exact same move your opponent did last.

3. Any new maps on the way? This one is self explanatory.

Thank you! 😊
Message 33 of 38 (1,056 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey all,

Just to let you know I'll keep this thread up until Thursday at which point I'll take it down so I can get the questions over to the team.

Thanks for all of your questions so far.

- Andy -

Message 34 of 38 (1,024 Views)

★ Apprentice

Now i wait for replayable mission 

For now i no longer play pvz heroes until they make replayable mission or practice mode like heartstone

i stuck in 20+ mission 3 turn i defeated both mission and casual match  that make me really get wrong 

so i no longer play pvz heroes 

Message 35 of 38 (989 Views)

★★ Guide
I love Plants vs Zombies Heroes, I love the event cards you keep adding and making them Craftable, Do you think there could be more ways to earn the currency we use to craft them? I'm kinda new to how to earn it because all I do is scrap cards I have more than 4copies of and if there is a lot more ways to earn it besides that then would you please explain? My 2nd question is will you ever stop updating the game? Please no!
Message 36 of 38 (964 Views)

★★ Guide
I forgot to ask if you could make an option to add friend to your opponent post match. Sometimes I admire certain players, but there's no way to send them an invite unless you wrote their name down. I would love to offer a rematch to certain great players from time to time.
Message 37 of 38 (955 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for all the replies in this thread, it was great to see so many responses.

I'm going to lock this thread now and take down the sticky so I can start collecting all the questions together.

I don't know exactly when the follow up thread will go up at the moment but we'll work on getting it to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

- Andy -

Message 38 of 38 (3,334 Views)