Re: Puzzle Apathy Strikes Again

by puntwothree

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Puzzle Apathy Strikes Again

★★★ Guide

I would appreciate it if whoever knows could kindly redirect my anger toward whoever is responsible for these mistakes.

PvZ: whenever you “change, but make overall better” and/or nerf cards, you NEED to double check and UPDATE your old puzzles in order to make them solvable. Or better yet, make new ones!!!

I have offered before to conceive of new and/or play-test and improve Puzzle Party. The offer stands.

All you had to do for today’s edition was alter the Zombies starting life total... if you were going for the minimalist approach. That’s pretty simple, guys.

Unless I’m missing something glaring and obvious, the most damage that can be done with the cards provided is 39, making this puzzle unsolvable. (44 with previous iteration of Marine Bean.)

Message 1 of 4 (1,033 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide
Spoiler
  1. Freeze both plank walkers.

2. Rotobanga on lane 1

3. Laser Cattail on lane 4

4. Lily pad on lane 4

5. Health nut on Lily pad

6. Play 2 grape responsibility on health nut

7. Pear pal on lane 5

8. Carrotillery on lane 2

9. Marine bean on lane 2

10. Other Marine bean on lane 5

you are missing something. Solution above 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,015 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide
Spoiler
  1. Freeze both plank walkers.

2. Rotobanga on lane 1

3. Laser Cattail on lane 4

4. Lily pad on lane 4

5. Health nut on Lily pad

6. Play 2 grape responsibility on health nut

7. Pear pal on lane 5

8. Carrotillery on lane 2

9. Marine bean on lane 2

10. Other Marine bean on lane 5

you are missing something. Solution above 

Message 2 of 4 (1,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I forget that Lily Pad actually does something for plants that aren’t amphibious (specifically, makes them “aqueous plants,” which Marine Bean cares about). I suppose that’s the point.

I seem to remember this puzzle previously, and solving it according to the picture I posted. Some egg on my face, I guess... on the other hand, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a recycled puzzle and they just got lucky, as often the required amount of damage is not exact.

The first time I played the puzzle, my random conjure off Pad was Bamboozle. I played it, thinking if the first two cards off the top were Grape Responsibility, the next two might be as well. (This would also solve the puzzle.) For the record, they were not... they were both Body-Gourd, for some reason.

Message 3 of 4 (1,008 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

^^ The update to Marine Bean negates the need for a puzzle with more than one water lane, so I’m almost positive this puzzle was recycled, along with the description (whether or not damage required was updated).

I thus maintain the charge of sloppiness, whilst withdrawing the charge “unsolvable.”

Edit: Puzzle is identical to one from last year, with starting life adjusted down from 49. Solution is the same. Yay for minimalism.

Message 4 of 4 (1,006 Views)