Proof Matchmaking Needs Fixing

by ThCakeIsALie

Original Post

Proof Matchmaking Needs Fixing

★★ Guide
This guy didn't stand a chance. I played with him. I felt extremely bad. Please fix the ranking system on who matches up with you.
Message 1 of 13 (1,678 Views)

Re: Proof Matchmaking Needs Fixing

★ Pro

''oh no a level 1 player with basic cards! i need play two Astro Vera early, my life is in danger ''

Message 2 of 13 (1,670 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I played 3 games in a row yesterday against level 1 players (when i was above 30 after the season reset)

Message 3 of 13 (1,647 Views)

★ Guide
1. I have demolished UL players while ranking up only to get demolished by level 20s at 4/5 stars. The joy of seeing a low level with a rank on the line only to get the smug looked wiped off my face? Priceless.

2. You rather have players not get a match vs an in theory bad match?

Maybe EA could use look at the quality of deck vs the rank of the player. Count legendaries, super rares etc.
Message 4 of 13 (1,621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
Did you not read? I said I played with him. Look how many cards he has to mine. Stop being so cynical. It's a broken match making system.
Message 5 of 13 (1,611 Views)

★ Guide
I don't see the cynicism in my post.

There needs to be match making improvements but remember there needs to be a compromise.

How long are you willing to wait in order to find a good match? Are you willing to stare at that circle for 2 minutes? What if there is no good match so the solution is a match?

I would call that practical.
Message 6 of 13 (1,607 Views)

★ Pro

i was joking anyway @ThCakeIsALie . 

I agree that it is devastating for an initial player to face an advanced player, and even from here we do not know if this was the fourth or fifth game against someone advanced for this player. 

however, I think the system is fine, always look for the opponent closest to your level, the problem here is that there are not many players. 

then there are two options:

1. Maintain the system as it is now, and from time to time you will face levels far from yours.

2. Disable this type of battles ( 1 vs 50) , but you will have to wait much longer to get an opponent, or you will get the message:: '' Not match found'' more often than now.

The solution is more players, i think.

Message 7 of 13 (1,588 Views)

★★ Guide
I was calling BlazinsZ cynical, not you npgibbs.

Happy to hear a more serious solution BlazinsZ. I think if they showed you your opponent first before entering it would be a good solution. "Hey I'm level 50. This guy is a level 1. I'll pass." Both parties would have to agree with the fight. Yes, I would be willing to wait longer.

That or options in ranked. For example I would prefer only playing gold to taco league players. I'll take the longer wait time any day.
Message 8 of 13 (1,581 Views)

★ Pro

@ThCakeIsALie wrote:
 I think if they showed you your opponent first before entering it would be a good solution. "Hey I'm level 50. This guy is a level 1. I'll pass." Both parties would have to agree with the fight. Yes, I would be willing to wait longer.

only if it will be applied to ranges as far away as these. I can imagine everyone from 1-40 ( even 45 or more) saying ''no'' to a duel against a level 50, If you are level 50 I am sure that nobody would like to play with you, especially if they are looking to advance in the league.

Message 9 of 13 (1,577 Views)

★ Guide
@thecakeisalie how much longer are you willing to wait?

I imagine this game is not as popular as it used to be because it has been out for a while and we are inbetween updates.

Maybe EA could reward more stars to a level 1 for beating a level 50 in ranked. Maybe a whole rank up.
Message 10 of 13 (1,534 Views)