Plants are stronger. New players don't know anything about what is OP

by jasterrogue1

Original Post

Re: Plants are stronger. New players don't know anything about what is OP

★★ Pro
That is a perfect example of how this game can throw a monkey wrench in your plans.
Usually when I have a game like that, I am on my levelling up game. And all you can do(besides yell and curse) is realize that you have probably been on the other end of the thumping many times and they were wondering what can I do to get a win?

It's like with interdimensional zombie...why is it when I have a great play with him, he turns into valkrie for an awesome 0/6 walnut basically. Or everytime it seems like, that he turns when not in an environment or heights, thats when he becomes moonwalker, or custodian. Or when no plants ate on board he turns into landscaper...it's sad that a one cost legendary is basically just fodder, or a target for players who are intimidated by the "legendary status" which is actually really helpful but only with newer players.

Back to why I was posting lol...
Obviously we can all agree that plants have better healing than zombies, and let's be real here, doesn't that actually make sense? How many zombie medics have you ever seen on any zombie flick?
Zombies in my opinion, have the advantage of early game overwhelming, and the healing is not the only, but a big reason why plants can sometimes get through the early onslaught.
Most my zombie decks are win before round 10 or I'm in trouble. More often than not, without being a braggadocio, a couple of my decks I win consistently by round 5 or 6.
As much as I hate it, I believe that the goatify special of Rose, that works on literally any zombie, is that way for the reason I mentioned above, zombie horde can be crazy and sometimes it doesn't work, but more often than not you are stressing out the plant hero until they can get something to stay in play.
I will say that I find the game alot more interesting now that plants and zombies are both strong in early game and the long game, depending on your hero and your deck, but that in itself did a big part to even things out(I'm beginning to see "balance" as a four letter word..)

And I have to say for the healing issue, I have had too many times to track in games, instances where I have won the game or on the brink, and have not even had a mark on my block meter and of course, still at 20. Plants not having frenzy is a big reason why zombies don't really need an abundance of healing. In fact, more often than not when playing my nurse gargs now, unless they can get rid of it immediately, many just concede. Buff to 7/7 was a big move, and when I have 4 warlords in that deck....10/10 or more nurse is a mojo killer for sure. Just saying
Message 31 of 42 (695 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Actually, I wasnt upset. I thought it was amazing! That's a perfect execution! But to me, that's what people don't realize, you can either learn from those, or you can cry OP. But both sides have crazy decks... Some players just can't admit that
Message 32 of 42 (686 Views)

★★★ Guide

I know we kind of got sidetracked on the Zombies having limited healing, but honestly, that doesn't bother me as much as the fact that Plants can actually combo off of healing.  I don't want Zombies to have that; I want Plants not to have that.  Healing is already incredibly powerful; comboing just makes it broken.

Message 33 of 42 (675 Views)

★★ Pro
The one thing that I noticed for sure is the lack of personality in league decks. Meaning that the majority are not so much hero specific but more deck to hero.
Does that make sense?
Message 34 of 42 (657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

usually healing in TCG/CCG is pretty [removed by CM] actually. it only becomes viable in stupidly efficient amounts. *astrovera*

Message 35 of 42 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@patdk75 wrote:
The one thing that I noticed for sure is the lack of personality in league decks. Meaning that the majority are not so much hero specific but more deck to hero.
Does that make sense?

What do you mean by that? 

Message 36 of 42 (612 Views)

★★ Pro
I meant that when you get a game and are at the vs stage, I know you have a nice rustbolt deck so him vs.... green shadow.
You probably did like I do and in your mind are picturing the deck they have.
Every hero usually the decks are veey similar but obviously wallknight and green shadow are going to be very different games, but most of the wallknight decks are cloned.

Not all, I am not lumping together every plant hero because I don't like being typecast as "oh you like zombies, probably because of ninja and smoke bomb sob sob stories " and so on
That's what I meant
Message 37 of 42 (607 Views)

★ Pro

Finally Clique and Venus Flytraplanet have been modified, 

I liked the new changes for both

Message 38 of 42 (594 Views)

★★ Pro
Flytraplanet for sure I am glad that it got a fix. And it's not a bad fix, it makes sense that if the plant is dead, then the plant is dead. Not dead but does an extra 2 or 3 times damage and then is dead, but dead dead.
Message 39 of 42 (589 Views)

★ Guide

New update really ruined my chances to win multiplayer games.  I can't even win single matches from Ranked.

I think EA should plan for extension on the Season Reset. Let's make it 6 months each Season. Because every month now is gonna be annoying.

Message 40 of 42 (583 Views)