Plants are stronger. New players don't know anything about what is OP

by jasterrogue1

Original Post

Re: Plants are stronger. New players don't know anything about what is OP

★★ Pro
Ive both won and lost games where I dealt over 40 damage and on a few occasions over 50. Astro Vera and hearticoke/flytraplanet, and popping poppies AND briar rose..... That is the deck of decks that I can beat consistently, but if they get a good draw the game is over. If I get a bad draw that's the game. But if my cards flow and I had a bad start, I have been able to hit hard and fast to win but again, if they get any of those huge health boosts my swarm has to do good on the block meter, or again...game over.
That is one deck that I have to admit gives me grief but it feels great when I win, but so many times that solar flare or rose, are so agitating that I have to break from the game and go for a walk or something lol.
Message 21 of 42 (443 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@jj48car I think you need to take a look at the smash again. Keep in mind, you can also use gargologist and frenzy in that deck if your savvy... That can lead to some big, nasty heals and damage. On top of that, you're getting a sneezing zombie to cancel plant heals.

At this point I think team up is the only plant exclusive ability. Zombies have what? Overshoot, deadly, gravestone, frenzy and all the plant abilities, better card draw, etc. I'm not saying they're op. The game is balanced. I'm just saying some people need to start taking a look at the difference and see who's really on top in that respect.

Message 22 of 42 (429 Views)

★★★ Guide

Oh, silly me.  Of course, zombies having access to a single legendary card to heal absolutely balances with the plethora of options plants have.

Yes, getting Frenzy on it can lead to rather decent healing, but it also makes a rather huge target that the plant player will take out ASAP.  Contrast with Venus Flytraplanet, which is not only not legendary, but works with any plants (especially irritating with Team Up or Strikethrough).  Currently the only way to deal with environments is to replace them, so if you don't happen to draw one of your own environments, it doesn't matter how many plants you take out, the plant player still heals.

<sigh>  This game would be a hundred times better if they had never added environments.

Message 23 of 42 (423 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
If by single legendary you mean, nurse Garg (in a gargologist deck for early play), medic, nibble and heroic health in one deck... Then sure, one single way to heal.

And are you really going to talk about the futility of environments to plant players? At least you're guaranteed a round with them in play. We could play a five cost environment only for you to chump it with a 1 cost card before we ever get to use it...

Stop looking at what you don't have and start learning how to use what you do. This game is balanced... But if you are going to try to use it, don't spin it when the facts are only a search away. That deck gets 30 instant heal that can't be stopped and whatever you can get by attacking with nurse Garg... Not exactly small amounts

And since you brought up strikethrough... Plants have 8 cards with it, zombies have six. Zombies also have the strongest with it, one card that provides an entire faction with it and one that gives all zombies played there strikethrough plus deadly... I'd call that pretty even.
Message 24 of 42 (421 Views)

★★★ Guide

@daalnnii wrote:
If by single legendary you mean, nurse Garg (in a gargologist deck for early play), medic, nibble and heroic health in one deck... Then sure, one single way to heal.

And are you really going to take about the futility of environments to plant players? At least you're guaranteed a round with them in play. E could play a five cost environment only for you to chump it with a 1 cost card before we ever get to use it...

Stop looking at what you don't have and start learning how to use what you do. This game is balanced... But if you are going to try to use it, don't spin it when the facts are only a search away. That decks gets 30 instant heal that can't be stopped and whatever you can get by attaching with nurse Garg... Not exactly small amounts

And since you brought up strikethrough... Plants have 8 cards with it, zombies have six. Zombies also have the strongest with it, one card that provides an entire faction with it and one that gives all zombies played there strikethrough plus deadly... I'd call that pretty even.

Zombies NEED to be able to chump plant environments, because those environments have utterly ludicrous effects!  (e.g. Plants here get +5/+5, Heal your hero every time a plant here does damage, Plants here just flat-out cannot take any damage (basically game-over if Soul Patch ends up on it)).

And I still don't see how a single deck having 30 healing spread over 9 cards can even begin to compare to cheap, repeatable healing from uncommon cards, especially when plants have cards that combo with healing.  I'm sorry, but something as powerful as healing already is shouldn't be allowed to combo.

As for Strikethrough, I wasn't concerned about the ability itself, rather the combination of that ability and Venus Flytraplanet can quickly get ridiculous.  Since Strikethrough can hit both the zombie and the zombie hero, a single Strikethrough card basically heals for double its attack unless there's no zombie or the hero's shield blocks.

Message 25 of 42 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
So putting nurse garg in a strikethrough/deadly lane or giving it frenzy with virologist isn't a good combo? When played against the teamups that can be up to 21 heals from one combo... Huh, news to me
Message 26 of 42 (411 Views)

★★ Pro
I don't have any gargologists, but after I got a couple nurse gargs and I added them in my smash deck, I have to say that it can be pretty intimidating, playing a nurse garg after I have already had a couple warlords in play, so now I'm playing a 10/10 healing everytime it hurts something.
It's quite a lot of fun actually
Message 27 of 42 (403 Views)

★★★ Guide

@daalnnii wrote:
So putting nurse garg in a strikethrough/deadly lane or giving it frenzy with virologist isn't a good combo? When played against the teamups that can be up to 21 heals from one combo... Huh, news to me

Who said anything about it not being good?  I'm just saying you can't really claim that a single, legendary card doesn't really balance a selection of uncommons and rares that can accomplish exactly the same thing, plus have other cards that combo off of them.

Message 28 of 42 (381 Views)

★ Pro

I think it is quite difficult to talk about balance in this game, everyone has their story, like their luck,  I have seen many topics about ''Plants OP'' and ''Zombies OP'' and the truth is that I read and even manage to convince myself with their experiences and their arguments. But just like that, everyone adapts everything to their truth and the debate becomes endless. The problem is knowing who has the ''universal truth''. 

It seems to me that such a game is quite difficult to design, creating different and creative sides, without monotony. Anyway, I'm one of those who thinks that the game is not balanced 100%, because it is impossible and obvious, and this has not been created by God, like to think it's perfect.

We have even seen how in each update, the stats of some cards have changed (which proves necessary changes to the balance), and if I'm wrong, they are still looking for a solution for the Click Peas. but I think there is a great balance today, and that is applaudable, at least for all of us to have our time of emotion.

Besides, this game defends itself of those criticisms (Unbalanced) with the random, simply luck depends, even if you have a good deck, the game will get you to lose. This is not chess... it's not a game completely strategy

sometimes I wonder with the luck that I have, and other times I wonder with the luck of the enemy, Example: My Block meter only gets one section, in my enemy got three sections and blocked! and gives  the superpower that comes perfect to win.

I have a deck for Potted House... and I have had game where the game throws me these cards in round 12 or 13 ...totally useless, even when all my deck was made for that card. I also happened to SnowDrop, after giving me all the cards to freeze, to the last, send me the SnowDrop, LOL.

That's why I always laugh when I read thread about ''give me a Deck with 100% winrate, or at least 90%'' , you must also realize that you can not defend yourself at all, because this game has a lot of cards, so if I want to create a deck who defend myself from Heartichoke, I am using space to place environments and cards to avoid it, or in the future with Sneezing Zombie, so if you play against a plant that does not heal or just use beans, this card will only bother you... and it's the same with Squirrel Herder, you can put he to destroy Pecanolith right? because he says '' When revealed destroy one nut or berry'' But what happens if your opponent is Green Shadow for example, and don't use Nuts or berries? yeah you are spending a space for a card that will not serve you against all the heroes, and if you analyze all the cards, you will realize that they all have this problem! there is no card that can help and protect you for all cases and enemies, therefore you will never have a perfect deck that always gives you the victories. You need tu put Tricks, zombies, anti-tricks, anti-zombies, drawing cards, bonus attacks, healing cards, move this card... and a lot of diferents conditions, but also a lot of environments in the cases of the enemy have a lot, but when the enemy don't have any, you get a lot of environment  what is going to upset your deck (or not, lol xD), I have played games like this, where I have placed 7 environments, and my enemy eliminated them all with his own, and i thought the hell???? (in spanish xD) How many do I have to have in my deck? but still that deck is very weak for other cases.

even for the case of Captain Cucumber, which I have also seen that they have criticized it quite a bit, he gave me 4 reincarnations (I am in the process of understanding the function of this card), 2 bowling in the starting, and also has given me many molekule, I really do not like it because he is going to change the captain, probably by a common card, so it's not an '' OP '' as many say.

In the end, i think i got too far, but my message is: enjoy the game! find the perfect deck doesn't exist, and the decks of plants like zombies are not prepared for all cases, if there is a lot of bad luck, play later or do something else, sometimes the game irritates one too and one comes to this forum to vent, although I do not think that's wrong either xD. 

Message 29 of 42 (373 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@jj48car well, you're right. Plant heals are stronger. But, again you still have the power and can use it effectively if you want.

See, you think everything needs to be equal, well then I want a bananasaurus that hides in a gravestone, has overshoot and also frenzy.
Those are three powers plants don't have at all. You know what you don't have that plants do? Team up. That's it.

Look to how you can use what you have, stop trying to nerf the other side.

Let me show you my turn four loss today... It was my heal deck. Do you think clique peas would have helped?
Message 30 of 42 (360 Views)