Re: Plants are OP (41 Zombie)

by jasterrogue1

Original Post

Plants are OP (41 Zombie)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am now with Giant Giganticus at level 41 but I stuck there and realised that plants are OP. Even if I change my deck to "kill this * as fast as possible" then I see this f**** captain cucumber than a star approaches, all dead -.- surrender. I feel like with plant you really don't have to care or think about making mistakes as you always get a second or third chance. If you make just one misplay with a zombie deck it's over. The zombie legendaries just suck in general IMO (way too expensive and/or abilities are not as good) compared to the plant cards and combos:

The star - I just really hate him 

Cucumber - its almost impossible to stop him when he is dealing first-time damage. If he creates more legends its basically game over

heart choke combo - I think its not that strong but the healing is just very bad for zombies

Banana! son of a * :D

Headache - just heal yourself, yeah its alright

4x cliquepeas - instant loose but rare

clover rocket - more removal thx!

Vegetation mutation: 2 Suns and yea you know the rest total overpowered.  

lilies of the valley: no commet

Healing cards of the plants are really broken (eg. nacho, venus trap, ...) 

Sun flower - kills everything with infinite removal, heals to 30 hp and play super strong legends - watch how you are getting destroyed

Spam mushrooms and play that stupid offset is a combo I often see - instant loose 

Roose - freeze everything or make a goat to slow your enemy. Then again, play super strong OP legends (e.g. that beast all tricks costs 6 more to play +6 damage on three rows??? WHOT?! Why just not make it easier: Zombie trick can't be played)

I know exactly how to build these decks but I hate these brainless decks. Most of the combos can be played from multiple plant heroes which is IMO super broken. Addtionally you can play multiple combos then add a few OP legends and you have no chance to loose.

I think I won't get up to 50 even if I had all cards for my zombie hero.

PLEASE EA BALANCE THIS GAME!

Message 1 of 23 (766 Views)

★★ Guide

Maybe you just don´t belong to rank 50. There are several people here who made it there with Zombies. No offense but not everyone has the skill AND time to go to 50. And its perfectly fine like that. Be proud of taco league. Its actually a really good rank

Message 2 of 23 (749 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I'm rank 38 at the moment.  Only gained 2 levels first week due to limited time and had PB as my 10X (I really need to focus on a deck for him, not finding consistent synergy).  Last week I gained 5 levels.  This week 1 already.  I figure if I average 4 levels a week (5 is a better goal) I'll be fine.  No need to panic that you're not at 50 already.  We have just under 3 weeks to go.

BPRD

Message 3 of 23 (738 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

On android is very easy to win because the plant players don't know how to do a plant deck, on iOS is almost impossible to win as a zombie player because the plant players have good decks.

I have all legendary cards x4 on both sides, on iOS I only win 3/10 with my best zombie decks on level 50; as a plant player I win 9/10 on level 50. (Sometimes I win 10/10) I have 35 stars after level 50, it was very easy with a plant deck.

=P Play as a plant heroe. This season is very easy to win with a bean deck (include 4 clique peas xD)

Message 4 of 23 (724 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

In fact I don't like playing as a zombie player because you lose and lose and lose even with your best zombie decks. The game is so un-balanced right now. I only win 3/10 or 2/10 with a zombie deck and I have all legendary cards -_- I spent 1000 dollars to obtain most of them.

Message 5 of 23 (723 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@jasterrogue1 you know we all play together, right? And there's no markings letting you know which os your opponent is playing on...
Message 6 of 23 (715 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

" spent 1000 dollars to obtain most of them."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg I'm dying

Message 7 of 23 (709 Views)

★★ Pro
If you have all legendary both sides then I have to assume you have all cards and I have no idea what you want from this post?

I don't have all the legendary, but I have a bunch. And this is first season that I don't have ultimate league yet, and mainly because I have no wifi except at home and if I have to help my grandpa out cuz my grandma is in a bad mind for most the month then I don't have time.

Without getting to snappy... I play zombies and I have no problem levelling up when I have a chance to play...maybe you should have learned the game before investing heavily in buying cards, because even if some players could have 8 of each card it would not help them every time.
If you can't think on your toes it makes no difference how good your deck is because you're not going to be able to take advantage of power that you don't understand
Message 8 of 23 (695 Views)

Re: Plants are OP (41 Zombie).

★ Pro

These topics have already been clarified more than once, please search in this forum the threads about Clique Peas, Captian Cucumber, Heartichoke (impossible that you have not seen). Thousands of times have been told the ways to fight them. 

Open a thread each week with the title '' so OP '' it will hardly change things.

It's funny because I've been waiting to see '' Go-Nuts is too OP'' or '' Go-Nuts really disappointing'' for this week xDD but well, this thread appears.

Message 9 of 23 (684 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Dave058182 Plants ARE indeed OP. But that doesn't mean you CANT beat them. I've reached Ultimate League 3 times in a row now, always with my Rustbolt control deck.

Let me tell you a little secret... This game is all about value. If you can outvalue your oponent, you'll win. 

What do I mean by outvalue? Generally speaking it means: "Spending fewer resources in destroying a card than your opponent used to play it."

For example: If one of your zombies can trade 2 plants, you gain a small value. (2 cards to 1)

If you can kill a 3 cost card (Captain Cucumber) with a 1 cost card (Rolling Stone), you gain value.

If you kill a buffed plant (Lets say: Black Eyed-Pea + Fertilize (2 cards, 5 suns)) with just 1 card (Rocket Science or Alien Ooze, 1 card, 3 brains) you get DOUBLE value, both in cards and in resources.

That's how you win on this game.

If you look at my Rustbolt deck (link below) you'll see a clear pattern. I use the Black Holes and Landscapers (and sometimes even the Shrinking Ray superpower) to reduce the attack of all enemy plants, and then kill them with 1 Weed Spray.

However, you don't need to play a control deck in order to win.

Aggro decks also gain their own value. 

Transforming 1 cost shrooms into 3 cost Pineclones is gaining value.

Killing a 3 cost plant (Sportacus, for example) with a 1 cost imp with deadly is gaining value.

Etc.

Long story short, identify why you are losing. Make a list if necessary.

And change your deck to try to counter what is killing you.

You don't need all the fancy legendaries, you just need to understand how the game works.

And don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve Rank 50. You can do it, you just need more experience.

My deck: http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/The-Ultimate-Control-Deck/m-p/6142302/highlight/true#M57...

Message 10 of 23 (682 Views)