Re: PVZ Heroes crashing frequently after today patch

by Swisherdisc

Original Post

PVZ Heroes crashing frequently after today patch

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

Device: IPhone 8+

After today patch PVZ heroes starts crashing at every 3'rd, second game in the middle of

the fight.

After crash star count is not decreasing, but if I win next game I also didn't get a star.

Message 2 of 13 (5,364 Views)

Why does my pvz heroes keep crashing when I start it?

★★★ Newbie

Ok so EA my pvz keeps crashing when I start it I'm on Android and the phone I use is a cricket phone. I just wanted to ask because it's really starting to annoy me I just installed it and I want to play it but it crashes while it's downloading the mega bites it needs so I don't know what to do so plz answer thanks.

Message 1 of 13 (5,401 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, @Verelil and @LavaknightxD!

Sorry to hear about how it's crashing on you, I know that stuff can get super frustrating sometimes. Usually a restart with the phone and app helps with that, but it might be necessary to delete the app and re-download it if the crashing persists. If you have your account synced up to an EA account you shouldn't have to worry about losing game progress if you delete the app and reinstall it.

We have mobile troubleshooting steps below for iOS and Android devices. Let me know if this helps or if we'll need to notify the team of a deeper issue.

iOS Mobile Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Android

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 13 (5,209 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This didnt help at all

Message 4 of 13 (5,093 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah it did nothing for me either. Basically, the game is dead at this point, last major update was in October 2017, and now it started crashing randomly. I guess popcap is busy developing new monetization schemes or something. Well, at least I'm freeing up some space on my phone.

Message 5 of 13 (4,870 Views)

Community Manager

@shat00n  @Swisherdisc 

What type of devices are you trying to play the game on and what version of iOS/Android do you have?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 13 (4,865 Views)

★ Pro

My game with latest updates also crashes frequently, iPhone XS Max with latest iOS 12.3.1.

Message 7 of 13 (4,825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok This is the skinny on all stuff I know that needs to be fixed.

Running Game on a IPAD PRO 10.5 Updated and in great condition.

(((SO U KNOW ITS NOT A OLD DEVICE)))

I add Device Info because it should be tested on a good Device & this is pretty decent considering.

all known problems Pop-cap needs to Fix after they release GW3 which I guess is coming soon.

Most important Issues First.

Issue Number 1. Crashing issue. You will most likely be in a game or looking for a game and then hear a garbled noise or some sound issue & then the game will just force quit. Not the same as Check you’re connection Bug in which the game will make you quit the game and forfeit the match loosing you the match.

I noticed a temporary Fix for me was uninstall and re installing. I also notice when you reinstall after whatever ever patch last there was it doesn’t allow you to change you’re age with the scroll bar on the animated nuts. so yeah there’s clearly some broken code here. I have a eye for detail because i’m good like that.

also it doesn’t feel like it was downloading like normally as it was before a patch or so ago. so they need to go into said game code and make sure it is as it should be when around set 2 or 3 was out. at least they can just deal with the check you’re connection bug. that was less hard to fix I assume. so yeah they need to refresh back to a certain state and stuff and take the servers off for a day or so and get it back in action. I’m cool with that.

The second issue which is annoying but not as bad is the sound issue bugs in the games. I believe i know why or at least how they are triggered.  Overlapping actions during the game will stop the sounds from triggering when they need to. so if a game s going on and i decide to click on a character to check out his stats for what ever and they are dropping stuff on the field or what not the sounds for their u it’s trigger while my code is triggering and I think that’s what messes up the sound code is over lapping code trying to function at the same time.

Im not exactly sure.

also there’s a small issue with people using clone bugs so they can clone more then 4 of one thing. prob hacked the mime plant clone to allow this to happen. the code is already in the game so i assume this is how they got the hack to work. makes sense.

I am am not sure if this helps but I noticed when I had no friends on my list the game would not disconnect or crash.

Or maybe i’m just going crazy. still this is everything that is plaguing the game that I am aware of. 

I Find the truth for fellow gamers. game company’s be dammed. I don’t get paid for this so that’s why you know When I say what needs to be fixed you’ll know it’s the real deal.

Ive been playing games for a long time so i know how to find the what’s wrong with the game easy peasy like. lol.

If anyone else Finds stuff feel free to let them know. if enough of us speak up the game will get fixed.

I suggest tweeting popcap also.

Message 8 of 13 (4,711 Views)

★ Pro

@big82s Good points!

I realised, that when I force quit PVZH game app after every 1-2 matches and then restart it, then crashes doesn't happen Standard smile

Just a hint..

Message 9 of 13 (4,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry IphoneX latest iOS
Very annoying
Message 10 of 13 (3,931 Views)