Re: PLants are seriously dominating the zombie side

by UnholyJuggernaut

Original Post

PLants are seriously dominating the zombie side

★ Novice

I have been constantly loosing matches as a player from Zombie side ....I opened 11 colossal packs today and didnt get any legendary and only 3 super rares the first thing....then i crafted aerostatic zombie seeing its description which says " when this does damage it moves to a random lane and leaves a random zombie behind- this is OP and that is why crafted it but came to know that it is not good as it moves only of it hurts the hero ...which seems quite useless if you don't have 3 or 4 copies....plants have event cards such as the lily of the valley which are really difficult to destroy but its way too cheap same for capt. cucumber and Lima-Pleurodon ....I really accept the fact that there are really good cards on zombie side but they are much more costly and what u have for 1 cost legendary on zombie side : interdimensional zombie , quazard (a joke) , gargantuar mime (* costly and useless against wingnut) i have been constantly loosing matches and i am thinking of quitting the game which i will if this keeps goin' on like this ...and for plants players who condemn the nerfs can should know that u just can play plants vs  plants  if u dont want plant nerfs ... i recently crafted a stompadon but found that it is easily killed and plants play something like brainanas and dark matter dragon fruit in the end when zombies finally start having control ...moreover there are no zombies which can take off plant suns (ra zombie - funny right?) and talking about parasol zombie giving untrickability and having 6 health nobody realises that umbrella leaf is team up and costs 1 while parasol zombie costs 4 ...and they gave that banana bomb to plants for bungee plumber on zombie side but were unable to give something for berry blast ...why is it so? does anybody have answer to this ...talking about that briar rose ...healing decks are irritating and can be very good decks for budget and for megagrow craft 4 lily of the valleys craft 4 captain cucumbers and zombie sides keeps conceding ...now smaries can bounce gravestone and plus draw a card like u just play a battlecruiser or binary stars for 5 or 6 brains and plant player bounces it for  2 drawing a card....grave blaster costs 3 and is bullseye with its ability (no such case in zombies) moreover its just rare ok fine....smarty class is too irritating that it is the worst nightmare of zombies now talking about magic beanstalks 4/4 for 1 cost with drawing card (what about Interstellar Bounty Hunter) c'mon and those zombats aren't amphibious and yet and parasols can be still freezed and destroyed...........Frustrated #quitting_pvzheroes

Message 1 of 6 (1,052 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This is a thing that has been around here from quite some time now. 

-Plants are OP!

-NO! Zombies are OP!

-Plants have Clique Peas and Captain Cucumber!

-Zombies have Gravestone and Deadly!

etc etc

I enjoy playing on both sides, but Zombies will always have a special place in my heart.

They got me to the Ultimate League 3 times now and 2 to Taco. (Two to Taco, sounds funny xD)

I'm still climbing on this one though, so it has a pretty good chance to be 4 Ultimate and 1 Taco.

The fact here is, that both sides are played differently.

Think about it this way.

Plants are the "good guys" (like Superman, for example). They just love being there, in the middle of the fight. Defeat the poor underpowered criminals, and receive all the glory.

The plant's playstyle is fast and strong. Brute strenght. They can hit insanely hard (Mega-Grow decks), and can resist quite a beating. (Heaaaaliiinnnnggggg)

Zombies on the other side, are the "bad guys". Some know they can poooossibly defeat the good guy on a fight (Something like Bane from Batman) but they mostly prefer to play dirty.

And that's the key word right there. If you are playing on the zombie side, you NEED to play dirty. Thinking ahead, preparing traps for the heroe to fall into. (Think about it like the Joker.)

One combo that I LOOOOOOOVE to use is, small zombie (something like a Leprechaun Imp)Maniacal Laugh. The small zombie that the plant heroe most of the time choose to ignore, pass from a simple and mortal 2/2 zombie, to a frightening 7/7 with frenzy.

THAT is how you win as a zombie heroe. You. Play. Dirty.

You teleport zombies so that the plant heroe don't have a chance to remove them. You hide your zombies on gravestones, so that the Plant Heroe is forced to choose. You trick them into thinking that you don't have an answer, and suddenly you crush all their dreams. 

BOOM!!!

Sudden Bad Moon Rising is sudden. 

The thing that I keep seeing again and again is the fact that some players try to play Zombie Heroes as they would play a Plant Heroe, and viceversa.

But the fact is, that you can't. 

The same way you don't play a Kabloom deck as you would play a Guardian deck, is the same way you can't play a Zombie Heroe as you would play a Plant Heroe.

Message 2 of 6 (1,023 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I said I would do this from now on when a thread along these lines pops up, so I'm doing it.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/The-balance-between-Plants-amp-Zombies/td-p/6320091

Message 3 of 6 (1,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Azombioso I totally agree. Before the update plants were definitely stronger but now the force has changed. 

@hellpc2002 Just craft for Jurassic fossil head zombies and you will see what’s op now 😂 I play on both sides and my first impression is that the zombies got a major boost through the recent changes.

Btw i am ultimate now which was quite easy with my rustbolt control deck. I would be very happy if you can introduce a new match system for 50s. But please not this boring gain a st

Message 4 of 6 (1,001 Views)

★★ Novice
First time I read someone saying PLANTS are OP, so one point to you for that. In my opinion zombies are the stronger faction (they have more "useful" cards overall and have more HP and Dmg in average. But, I must admit plants aren't weak too. I play plants in ranked (Wall Knight) before and tried out Impfinity because I got some good cards for it, but I have to struggle as hard too. The "conditions" you pointed out are mostly correct. For eg. A high cost zombie bounced by low cost trick? The main point lies in whether or not you can PREDICT that. For eg. when you are playing against a wall knight. You must know it can play a grave buster cos it has guardian and solar cards. And smarty class can bounce a graveyard. After that, you have to counter the card. Play a low cost graveyard (a one cost zombie on a graveyard environment) for bait or save up energy for the trick that you can use to your advantage even if your graveyard is busted.This is just an example.
If you just play like "i have 5 brains so I will play a 5 brain super zombie" you will probably lose. The plants and zombies have different play styles and the zombie trick phase is very advantageous, trust me. It is not the Zombies are weak, you are playing it wrong.
Message 5 of 6 (967 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Remember that plants can only atk faze 2 and faze 4. Zombies can atk in all 4 fazes. Zombies have alot of dirty cheap ways to win. But be careful of plants there best card is capachino. As a zombie vilian your plants are a bit weaker. But in the trick faze you can buff your zombies to foil the plant hero. Just when he thinks he will trade.be wary a good player will use bonus atks in faze 2. If he dosnt you will final mission space jelly plegue or deadly draw. He will atk befor you use control removal Wille the getting is good. But you can atk in all fazes so win some games with some cheap dirty wins
Message 6 of 6 (927 Views)