Re: Outside of valk decks zombies are extremely weak

by jasterrogue1

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

That is if you get to the turn 11 xD, almost always you die before turn 11.

Message 11 of 30 (846 Views)

★★★ Guide
Now see I love the flavor of the boogaloo control... and this is why I have such a vendetta against Dragonfruit. 11 takes literally a whole deck to reach... but how are you going to make it to turn 17, 23, 29, or 35?

Sorry. Off topic. Sort of. On the topic of zombies losing, I guess.
Message 12 of 30 (846 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

It's true. Dragonfruit along with Wallnut Bowling is perhaps this deck's biggest weakness. Fortunately, they're not too common.

While it's definitely possible to be be behind in tempo and lose that way, the moment you're able to trade one card for multiple plants, you're pretty much guaranteed a win as you cancel out everything they play until the gargs come down. 

Message 13 of 30 (844 Views)

★★ Pro
The way I see it, if I should allow my opponent to play wallnut bowling, I deserve everything I get.
Message 14 of 30 (825 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Last season's best deck. Was better the the green cheater
Message 15 of 30 (801 Views)

★ Guide

well i was gonna complain about the new zombie cards pricing lol hahahaha

look, the new zombie cards are awesome and very very powerful , and the ones that cost 1 are insanely good 

you just have to give up your old OP ways and discover new cards to make new plans. that's it

give yourself timw ro craft and discover the new cards

Message 16 of 30 (759 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Nop, in fact the best cards of the set 4 are from plants cards. Compair and you will see the results. Legendary cards plants vs legendary zombies cards. The plants are the best of these set 4.

Message 17 of 30 (744 Views)

★★★ Guide
A lot of these new cards are better than they appear. The only thing I don’t like about them is that they’re printing a lot of cards that force you into a type.

For instance, headhunter is poop on a stick if you’re not playing a “dancing” deck.
Message 18 of 30 (707 Views)

★ Guide

I am convinced that some players will only be happy if they have a magic bullet.

Every deck has strengths and weaknesses. That is how the game should be.

Eventually OP cards get nerfed. I am a plant player and I am happy Heartichoke loop got nerfed. I wish they took out Venus altogether. Heartichoke has won me many battles without pulling Venus.

Message 19 of 30 (701 Views)

★★★ Guide
Here’s a deck I’ve been liking a lot lately with a grand total of 2 legendaries (neither of which are all that important to the deck, as I don’t actually play them much). It’s not a Valk deck. It’s not exactly aggro. It’s not exactly control. It’s what zombies do best, sort of a random win-con conglomeration go.

In the pictures after the decklist, you can see it working against aggro plants. My opponent got out to a fast start, playing Astro-shroom team-up mushroom turn 1, and bouncing my first flag zombie. Then after I pulled off flag zombie, flag zombie, gargologist, my opponent played pineclone and the board looked like picture #1.

No big deal. I managed to evolutionary leap a brain vender and plant a transformation station, and random winning went to work. It ended up being a nail-biter but I won, despite never drawing a triplify (the whole reason for 4x gargologist, name of the deck, etc.). It wins a lot of games like this...
Message 20 of 30 (644 Views)