Multiplayer unavailable

by Gabochido

Original Post

Highlighted

Multiplayer unavailable

★★ Guide

Is there a problem with the servers? I haven't been able to get a match to happen.

Message 1 of 25 (1,773 Views)

Re: Multiplayer unavailable

★★ Pro

I haven't been able to play a single game in ranked or casual as a plant.

I've been trying almost non-stop for 7 hours.

Message 2 of 25 (1,758 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cannot get a match as a plant, at all. Tried and tried, including letting it search for an hour straight.

I've had three matches as a zombie, all matched against level 1 players. Coincidence? I think not. Even if it were, I am ultimate >100, so that's unfair on them. Way to drive new players away from the game.

My guess is that something is screwy with the evaluation of player levels which prevents the game from finding proper matches, or any matches as a high level player when playing zombies.

Message 3 of 25 (1,738 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Gabochido @GrinningRuiner @Fungoid_Face

If you're playing as a plant you may find it quicker to get a game as a zombie at the moment. As people rank up hopefully the experience will be quicker games too.

- Andy -

Message 4 of 25 (1,709 Views)

★★★ Novice

I feel that there is a bug in the new code for match making as I had never had issues in the past getting matched against zombies and tbh most of my enemies were off similar level.

Message 5 of 25 (1,697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Thanks, indeed it looks like playing as a zombie gets matches quicker.

Another poster mentioned facing newbie players. Won't us veterans destroying newbie players be bad for the game experience?

I'm wondering where the veteran plant players are though. Won't this cause a vicious circle since all the veteran players will now be playing Zombies?

Message 6 of 25 (1,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same for me, since yesterday i'm not able to find an opponent when i select the Plants side on ranked matches, i'm currently level 42. When I pick zombies i'll find opponents almost immediatly but rookies ones (lvl 1-5)

I totally agree that there must be a real bug or gap on the matchmaking algorithm or something

Message 7 of 25 (1,656 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback on this. 

Sorry about the one-sided matches! I've spoken to the PvZ team about this and since the game just launched, there may be a longer wait time if you have a higher Rank while the game tries to match you with someone of equal skill. If you are experiencing an abnormally long queue, consider trying the Zombie side for PvP! The Zombies need new recruits!

- Andy -

Message 8 of 25 (1,621 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is such a fixable problem. First, have the zombies start out as unlocked. A lot of people JUST play multiplayer. Second, don't have the multiplayer screen default to plants on first entry. Make it apparent that you choose which side to play as, I think a lot of people just click "play" without even looking.

Message 9 of 25 (1,564 Views)

★★ Pro

^ What he said.

Message 10 of 25 (1,550 Views)