Minimum Necissary Force

by puntwothree

Original Post

Minimum Necissary Force

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Minor gripe here, but it’s been bothering me for a little while and seems like it could be somewhat easy to address... while also potentially speeding up the AI.

Players have the right to play with their food before they eat it.... but sometimes I’m playing a random battle vrs. the AI and know I’ve stepped in it. I know I’m playing a berry deck, for instance, and three damage to the face will kill me. So what does the AI do? It takes several minutes to play out its hand, and then just when I think I’m in the clear it whips out the Berry Blast to win the game.

What’s the point?

When plants win during the plant phase or zombies win during the trick phase (more than three bars from block) there is no possible response. It is not instructive to me to see all the contents of my AI opponent’s hand... I’d like to see the Berry Blast (or whatever was hiding under the gravestone) and get it over with.

I try to play this way when I play other people. The AI should be smart enough to know when it has secured the win and demonstrate it without dragging the game out.
Message 1 of 3 (646 Views)

Re: Minimum Necissary Force

★★★★ Novice
Slow play by the AI in general is frustrating.

I think this is the same AI that they use for fake players in the challenge game.

It's designed to make you think its a real human
Message 2 of 3 (619 Views)

Re: Minimum Necissary Force

★★★ Guide
I really don’t know anything about programming.

Let me backtrack. The only thing I know about programming is the IF/THEN language of the TI-83 graphing calculator... although I did write several simple games for that device during high school, under the tutelage of a friend of mine who went on to work for both Google and Facebook.

Anyway.

It seems to me, to perhaps oversimplify, that the AI should be built with priorities, and its #1 priority should be to deal lethal damage to its opponent (me). To use the only programming language I know, IF I am at 3 health AND my block meter is low THEN its first move should always be to play berry blast on my life total, ending the game.

If could be that the programming for PvZ works in a much different way from the TI-83 that I don’t understand and/or is less straight forward. I appreciate this. But I bring it up to more qualified people than myself 1) in case this (“minimum necessary force”) is an easy change to make, and/or 2) to inquire why I am wrong, perhaps learning something.

Because when I play the AI, the above ^^ seems not to be how the AI operates... and frankly I don’t give a D about how much it “acts” like a “real” player.
Message 3 of 3 (601 Views)