Re: Making cards

by QuakersNCheese10

Original Post

Making cards

★★★★ Novice
My son loves this game. Is there a way to make an update where players can make cards and choose their damage, strength, and status (e.g. Legendary, rare, super rare)?
Message 1 of 5 (442 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @QuakersNCheese10.  People make suggestions here for cards, but I don't think the game will ever evolve to allow players to create their own cards.

BPRD

Message 2 of 5 (430 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Guess he'll have to become a programmer!
Message 3 of 5 (421 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
The main problem with that is people. I'm just going to put it like this... If you give people those options, what kind of cards do you think they would create and fill their decks with? The weakest common levels or the strongest legendary cards they can think up? People generally want an i win button.

The other problem is that there are reasons certain cards aren't able to be used with certain decks. I.e. there's a reason captain combustible doesn't have 2nd best taco... He doesn't need it to win. With it, he goes from formidable to overpowered. Especially with cards like bananasauraus and repeat moss.

So while I'm not saying it's a terrible idea, because of my first reason, restrictions would have to be put in place to keep people from filling their hands with i win buttons. Because of the second reason, they would have to devote time and resources to doing that with each individual hero. Honestly, it's just easier to create new cards that they have balanced than allow this, and in the end that keeps the game fun and balanced for everyone.
Message 4 of 5 (402 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@QuakersNCheese10 wrote:
Guess he'll have to become a programmer!

Never too young to begin Standard smile

- Andy -

Message 5 of 5 (385 Views)