Re: Make Gloom Shroom Happy! Upgrade these legendary plants!

by CyborgpyggE

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Make Gloom Shroom Happy! Upgrade these legendary plants!

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, My name is CyborgpyggE and I will be representing Mr. Gloom P. Shroom. Now, we all now that my client is notoriously depressed. But contrary to popular opinion the source of his depression is not that he has just lost his job, or that his house at risk of being repossessed, or the fact that his long-time partner just recently broke up with him for some buff, rich, Brazilian peashooter. No, my client is depressed because he and a few of his fellow legendary colleagues are astonishingly weak for their potential. My client wishes that he and Mr. Gatling Q. Pea, Mr. Cob C. Cannon are upgraded. They have served their lawn for eight years to only be rewarded with petty powers that don't truly capture the essence of who they are. They each have their own requests for possible changes

Mr. Pea:

6 cost, 3/4

Double strike

Pea evolution: This does FOUR bonus attacks

Mr. Cannon:

7 cost, 5/6

Team-Up

Plant evolution: this gains "at the start of turn: destroy a zombie and do 2 damage to all zombies next door to that zombie"

Finally, Mr. Shroom:

5 cost, 3/5

Before combat here: this does one damage to all zombies here and next door

Mushroom evolution: thisgets +2 power and does 3 damage before combat instead

While these changes may seem small, my client believes that they embody the plants and their legendary status more than their current status. Thank you for your time.

Also, check this out and tell me what you think! I'll be coming out with more very soon.

(http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Hero-Costumes-Ideas/m-p/6310302#M8176)

Message 1 of 9 (1,432 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide

Dear Mr. CyborgpyggE

My name is Azombioso and I will be representing the director and manager of Plants vs Zombies: Heroes CO.,  Mr. Zomboss on this case. Even though we are terribly sorry for the condition of Mr. Gloom P. Shroom and its medical condition, we are afraid that your petition "he and a few of his fellow legendary colleagues are astonishingly weak for their potential" cannot be fulfilled. 

As stated on the Company's User Manual, Section IV Paragraph A-07, "The balance between cards" states that, quote, "no card can obtain more power at a lower cost than an already existing card". The 8 cost Espresso Fiesta clause forbids Mr. Pea to, quote, "Pea evolution: "This does FOUR bonus attacks"" for the suggested cost of 6 suns.

One of our new recruits Mr. Witch Hazel helped us to verify the case for Mr. Cannon. It states that, quote, "The ability of continuously destroying zombies at the end of the turn is an exhausting labor for a plant." We are afraid but to limit Mr. Cannon activities to "Team-Up Evolution: Destroy a Zombie." due to Health conditions. It already has the duty to constantly attack the lane it is on for every turn it is on play, so we don't want it to suffer from overwork exhaustion.

Finally, for Mr. Shroom, we are going to review its case into de Company's User Manual, but for now it shall remain on its current spot. So far the clause of "Before combat here" has only been aplied to the Lane workers, Mr. Spikeweed and Mr. Lava. However its power has been limited to a 2 damage maximum, and one lane only. We do not consider Mr. Shroom able to carry such a load for himself due to his physical condition.

We do hope that this do not affect Mr. P. Shroom on his medical conditions, but to encourage him to search for alternative options to treat this depression.

Sincerely, 

Mr. Azombioso

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (1,550 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro
What are they underpowered in comparison to? You know that all the traits have a dinoroar legendary, so the ones that you mentioned have theirs all coming.
And believe me when I tell you, if you think any of the dinoroar are crazy right now, I have a feeling the reason why we don't have all 10 is that some they needed to be sure that they weren't releasing another clique pea that just made it in and needs to be nerfed.
The three you mentioned, what about the zombie legendary? Sneaky doesn't work for the wording of the text, and if it is not just damage but hurt the plant hero, then why not just say so like space cowboy?
Brainys garg mime is kinda cool, but I have to get more than one to do anything with him in a deck other than filler.

Stompadon can be crazy if you have zombies in your hand, otherwise it's useless. But its way better than some of the older like zombie king or undying pharaoh. Quasar I use but have you ever had 2 or 3 of him and nothing else to play? Pretty lame legendary then, and you can only hold off so long....
5/5 bullseye doing 3 damage to 2 or 3 lanes is not bad at all. I have to admit that gatling pea is kinda disappointing, but there are lots of cheap peas or use cosmic and get a conjure and then evolution the peaotch.
If anything is underpowered in comparison with the others, including only dinoroar, smarty got a 2/2 amphibious bean which is cool, but 1 magic beanstalk compared to most being +1/+1 and then hearty just buffs cards in hand which can be cool( triplication gives you now 3/3 buff to each imp/zombie/gargantuar that are zombies not tricks, which is wild but useful only as situation presents.
Message 2 of 9 (1,423 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Never seen an actual court case occur in this forum. I'd like to say I wasn't too focused on the jaw-clutching drama to determine my opinion on the matter, but sadly, I was too intrigued. When's episode 2 coming out? How many seasons will there be?

Message 3 of 9 (1,398 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Dear Mr. CyborgpyggE

My name is Azombioso and I will be representing the director and manager of Plants vs Zombies: Heroes CO.,  Mr. Zomboss on this case. Even though we are terribly sorry for the condition of Mr. Gloom P. Shroom and its medical condition, we are afraid that your petition "he and a few of his fellow legendary colleagues are astonishingly weak for their potential" cannot be fulfilled. 

As stated on the Company's User Manual, Section IV Paragraph A-07, "The balance between cards" states that, quote, "no card can obtain more power at a lower cost than an already existing card". The 8 cost Espresso Fiesta clause forbids Mr. Pea to, quote, "Pea evolution: "This does FOUR bonus attacks"" for the suggested cost of 6 suns.

One of our new recruits Mr. Witch Hazel helped us to verify the case for Mr. Cannon. It states that, quote, "The ability of continuously destroying zombies at the end of the turn is an exhausting labor for a plant." We are afraid but to limit Mr. Cannon activities to "Team-Up Evolution: Destroy a Zombie." due to Health conditions. It already has the duty to constantly attack the lane it is on for every turn it is on play, so we don't want it to suffer from overwork exhaustion.

Finally, for Mr. Shroom, we are going to review its case into de Company's User Manual, but for now it shall remain on its current spot. So far the clause of "Before combat here" has only been aplied to the Lane workers, Mr. Spikeweed and Mr. Lava. However its power has been limited to a 2 damage maximum, and one lane only. We do not consider Mr. Shroom able to carry such a load for himself due to his physical condition.

We do hope that this do not affect Mr. P. Shroom on his medical conditions, but to encourage him to search for alternative options to treat this depression.

Sincerely, 

Mr. Azombioso

Message 4 of 9 (1,551 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not saying that they're under powered, I'm saying don't live up to their name or their past. Each cob cannon can only destroy one zombie and that's it. In the original game, cob cannon was THE best plant. Now it's just another plant. Gatling pea has NOTHING to do with gatling or even the number four except for his attack. And gloom shroom, he can be cooler than just 3 damage to a few zombies once.

Message 5 of 9 (1,376 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oh well, thanks for responding!

Message 6 of 9 (1,374 Views)

★★ Pro
To be honest, I would have liked to see Gatling to have a double strike for his evolution
Message 7 of 9 (1,364 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@patdk75 But Gatling always have Double Strike, it doesn't matter if you use it as an evolution or just a normal plant  .__.

@CyborgpyggE I feel you my friend. I remember the first game too, as well as all their pretty OP plants. 

Not only Gatling + Torchwood was a pretty badass combo, but Cattail was also pretty good. And yes, Cob Cannon was the most broken plant by far.

If you wanted to go far in the "Unlimited" mode, you had to include that plant yes or yes.

Gatling Pea cooould probably do the "Cuadruple attack" thing (Let's think about it like an upgraded version of the Threepeater), but its attack would need to lower, even for a Legendary card.

4 times a 3 damage attack means 12 damage for 6 suns. The closes thing to that is 9 damage from a Poison Oak, considering that there is no zombie on its lane. A small 1 cost Umbrella Leaf and you have a killing machine that cannot be removed.

If you want it to do 4 attacks like on the original game, I think its attack should be lowered to 2, or increase its cost to 8. (probably).

Cob Cannon can do the kill a zombie thing, but if this was the case, I think it should probably be more like the way Banana Launcher works. 

(No attack, but gives you a "4 suns, destroy a zombie" card at the end of the turn). After all, once you activated the Cannon, you needed to wait a little bit for it to reload. (And it didn't attacked on its own on the original game)

Finally on Gloom Shroom... could be the case to make it do pre-combat damage, but 9? 3 damage across 3 lanes? Seems a little bit strong to me. How about it attacking on its lane and next door, but deal Bullseye damage? 

Message 8 of 9 (1,358 Views)

★★ Pro
I meant the evolution that is a bonus attack to be a double strike, or 2 bonus attacks is what I mean.
Message 9 of 9 (1,356 Views)