Made Taco! (reminisce, props)

by JedTheRealFish

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Made Taco! (reminisce, props)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Because I do not make hours and hours a day for PVZHeroes, it is especially difficult to rank up at the season’s end, for these reasons: First, everyone else is doing the same. Second, there is not enough server brainpower at PopCap to deal with the volume, making matchups time consuming.

Also. The “meta” — the daily dynamics of playing trends — are such that Flourish and Fun Dead Raiser are just too slow in turn 3. That’s usually halfway through the game these days, and you could easily draw the same card again. Great for dyno-roar cards but not much else. One really must calculate the initial card draw for the needs of each of 5-7 turns. When you first draw cards, a good deck never disappoints. 

Remember when when battles used to run 18-20 turns? Control decks were huge in 2016. I actually miss that. But am glad PC has developed the game at a slower pace. It would have become unsustainable for the longevity of the game; cynical trollers on this very site would predict the demise of the game, because at its former pace, there was becoming nowhere to go. Now, I am excited for set 5 but don’t expect it for months. 

Sometimes I am confused by game dynamics, what happens in what order after an attack, and it’s like a miracle when Space Cowboy effortlessly avoids a Tater Toss. That one might need work. 

Pop Cap, this game has become something to be proud of. There really is nothing like it, and if you try to relate it to other CCGs, design, sound, character, and humor make a comparison impossible. 

Now if if I could convince myself you aren’t watching me and listening through the tablet mic, I would be very happy!

[EDIT - Please don't post personal pictures on the forums]

Message 1 of 5 (866 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Made Taco! (reminisce, props)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey folks,

Thank you very much for the feedback and for taking the time to post Standard smile

-Aido

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (880 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

PVZ Heroes is one of three CCGs I play, and in terms of mechanics, rules, animation and a bunch of other things, it is far superior. However despite being clearly the better game, it's the one I play the least, because unlike PVZ Heroes, the others actually update their games on a regular basis, keeping it fresh. I just want to emphasise to EA that, should the game go downhill, it is entirely due to laziness in the development area, not at all because of a disinterest from players.

Message 2 of 5 (842 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey folks,

Thank you very much for the feedback and for taking the time to post Standard smile

-Aido

Message 3 of 5 (881 Views)

★★★ Guide

@UniVoidz Just curious... what other CCGs do you play? I’ve mostly stopped playing this one... not even because of content staleness or balance changes, but because a bug since the last update doesn’t allow me to select and drag cards near my home button (which makes the game almost unplayable...)

Message 4 of 5 (766 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@puntwothree I played Hearthstone for a while but not so much now. I do play a lot of Eternal Card Game though, which is free on mobile and steam. I would highly recommend it if you're looking for something with a similar level of strategy to PVZ, because Hearthstone can be kind of mindless sometimes. It gets regular updates too and is generous with allowing free2play players to build a collection.

Message 5 of 5 (752 Views)