Re: Is this how the Block Meter works?

by UniVoidz

Original Post

Is this how the Block Meter works?

★ Guide

Eight segments. Four filled (barring the gourd), you get through 100% of the time. Five filled, you get through 50% of the time. Six filled, you get through 20-30% of the time. SEVEN filled, it takes a miracle. 

Whaddaya think of the new cards? Environments less essential?

Message 1 of 7 (980 Views)

Champion (Retired)

4 or less filled = gets through 100% of the time

5 filled = gets through 66% of the time (2/3 times)

6 filled = gets through 33% of the time (1/3 times)

7 filled = gets through 0% of the time

Message 2 of 7 (970 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Its pretty easy my friend. 

When you are going to take damage, the game selects a random number from 1 to 3. This number is added to your block meter. If your block meter is equal or greater than 8, the attack is bloqued. If the block meter reads 7 or less, the attack hits you.

So as @UniVoidz explained to you:

If you have 5 sections, you can ONLY block the attack if the game gives you a 3. (5 + 3 = 8 = Block Activated) So, you only have 1 in 3 chances (or 33%) to get the block.

If you have 6 sections, you can block the attack if the game gives you either a 2 or a 3. If you get a 1 then your Block Meter goes to 7, which would mean that the attack WILL hit you. This means that you have 2 in 3 chances (or 66%) to get the block.

If you have 7 or 8 sections, the next attack that hits you will be 100% bloqued.

This, of course, does not applies for Bullseye damage. Bullseye damage will hit you no matter how many sections your Block Meter has.

Message 3 of 7 (959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I wonder what the average number of segments is for each specific player; I understand that it says it's random but does that necessarily mean the 1 segment, 2 segments and 3 segments each have an equal chance of being activated? I don't think it does. It's like tossing a coin where you have an equal chance of getting heads or tails and over many tosses they average out to a ratio of about 1:1, but if the coin is rigged in someway then the average changes such that the coin lands on one side more than the other enough that the ratio is no longer 1:1. 

I've had games where the block meter filled with 1 segments a total of 4 times in a row followed by a 2 segment. One might say that's just bad luck but is that true? I don't know and neither do you without data to back it up.

Message 4 of 7 (916 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It is totally random. You have an equal chance (1/3) to get each option (fill 1, 2 or 3 sections) when you are going to suffer damage.

I've been playing this game for a pretty long time, and I have never seen anything to make me believe otherwise.

I've been in games in where every single attack filled me just 1 section of my block meter, until like, turn 6 or 7.

I've been in games in where every single attack filled my block meter 3 sections, getting all my superpowers by turn 3.

There was a thing long time ago, in where you had a 5% chance to instantly fill your Block Meter. It was called a Insta-Block (or Mega Charges), but the devs got rid of this.

So, yeah. It is just bad luck.

In the end, you can believe whatever you want, but I encourage you to try an experiment.

Write down every time you got a section filled to your block meter, and make a list.

Something like...   1 section, 1 section, 3, 2, 2, 1 - game

3 sections, 3 sections, 1, 3, 2, 1, 2 - game

etc

Write down 50 samples, and compare results. You should get something near 33% chance for each result. 

(Since it is completely random, you can get something like... 35% chance for the 1 section, or 30% for 3 sections, etc. But it should never be something too far from that, like 70% for 1 section)

Message 5 of 7 (906 Views)

★★ Novice
Sometimes the att just fills to 8 segments without blocking? When does it happen? It isn't from that body gourd effect in case you thought of it.
Message 6 of 7 (882 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you have a full hand of cards, you are unable to block, as the superpower cannot be added to your hand.

Message 7 of 7 (871 Views)