Re: [Info request] Ads not playing

by LintyDruid5

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

interesting, about 30 mins ago my game wanted to do a small update. Ads are now working again... did support do something to fix them?

Message 21 of 73 (3,151 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Heya,

I use an Ipad Mini

IOS

With the player ID of: 1002506438650

I am not having the specific 'Ads not playing' problem, but actually not even having the option for ads. I have gone through current troubleshooting and am just looking for the option, being free to play and all.

Message 22 of 73 (3,129 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This is getting ridiculous! Ads have been rarely working for me since the update, other than the afternoon of the smaller download (on Friday). Over the weekend I would hit "FREE" button and maybe it will work 1/2 of the time. the other half would hang for ~5 seconds and then let me close the app. 

and now today, the ads will play everytime - except that I get "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again later" at the end of each ad - and no 5 Gems. 

Resetting advertising ID doesn't seem to help, neither does force closing the app and relaunching.

Message 23 of 73 (3,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

TheDoctorizer, I have exactly the same problem and most likely it's because we both play at iPad mini with max available iOS 9.3.5 and it's just not supporting "play ads".I Do not no why they can't or don't want to fix it but nothing is happening and we still don't have any reply from a moderator... 

Message 24 of 73 (3,091 Views)

★★ Pro

@jaydabbler wrote:

This is getting ridiculous! Ads have been rarely working for me since the update, other than the afternoon of the smaller download (on Friday). Over the weekend I would hit "FREE" button and maybe it will work 1/2 of the time. the other half would hang for ~5 seconds and then let me close the app. 

and now today, the ads will play everytime - except that I get "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again later" at the end of each ad - and no 5 Gems. 

Resetting advertising ID doesn't seem to help, neither does force closing the app and relaunching.

I have the exact same issues.

Do you realize all of this first started back in January?

It's been more than 7 months!!!!!

Message 25 of 73 (3,086 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I opened a discussion here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/No-Ad-Option/td-p/6231765

Currently am waiting for the reply, and the fact of max availability would explain a lot. 

I was talking to the Customer Assistance for EA  and they said they are sending a discussion to the studio team in the words of: 

"Please note that I have forwarded your feedback to studio team.They'll look into this and make necessary changes if required." 

So currently I am waiting on them, but they said to address the issue further to be able to get more developers into the conversation and help address the issue.

Message 26 of 73 (3,089 Views)

★★ Guide

I've the same issue, and I'm also on mini iPad with same IOS update. I've been playing since October last year, and now feel that I'm lagging behind in the game due to not getting this situation sorted. I play a lot to gain all the cards I can. I've even bought cards, but unless this situation is sorted soon I'll be leaving the game as its no fun to keep losing due to others getting the option to get gems for free. I am aware, that those of us who play need opponents, so something needs to be done or more will stop playing. It's already hard for anyone new joining the game as the ratio of super rare, legendary and hero's has declined in packs. We're not stupid.. We can notice these issues, and do read forums. 

Message 27 of 73 (3,078 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I am amazed that this has not been fixed already.
Message 28 of 73 (3,067 Views)

★★ Guide

Yep, I am as well. I've been following the forums, and looking in sites for a fix but if anything it's got worse as I did have the ads button. But it was greyed out. Then after some updates it was gone. I use to play PvZ 2 and I had ads on that game, worked fine. I've contacted support, and ask for it to be fixed as its really starting to impact on my game. If I'd had ads, like most have had I probably have one hell of a lot cards by now as I play quite often. I don't understand why this isn't being fixed. I'd rather have a solution, or some sort benefit to those of us who can't grind for those free gems. I had one reply from EA support yesterday asking me to re-install, and try on other devices. I don't want the game on another device, as its not convenient, surely it should work on mini iPad? If not then say in the App Store not suitable for mini iPad users. 

Message 29 of 73 (3,055 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Truth be told, this is an error that needs correcting, for the many people who play this amazing game!

Message 30 of 73 (3,040 Views)